News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Winged Warriors/ DSAC National Meet June 2010 PHOTOS NOW ***

Started by moparstuart, September 28, 2009, 06:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

JUNE 7-12, 2010: Branson, MO, Winged Warriors/NBOA & DSAC National Meet with Stuart Sutton and Larry Roper as hosts. Our headquarters hotel is the Ramada Branson, 1700 W Hwy 76, next door to '57 Heaven. The Ramada surrounds their own large parking lot where our cars will be on display and offers wireless internet, a work-out facility, a fantastic hot buffet breakfast. The room rate is $54 per night and we will have 50 rooms blocked. For reservations call (417) 334-1000 and tell them you're with the Winged Warriors block. Some activities that are being planned are: Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede, , a trip to Ozark to eat at Lambert's Restaurant (home of the throwed rolls), there are lots of shows to see on your own, and we'll have a drive-in movie screen on site. Early arrivals may want to spend a day at Silver Dollar City. More info to come.

Pictured is the Ramada inn's Area 57 where we will base camp our show and events out of .  Suggestions and your help are always welcome .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

If anyone has any suggestions for group events or shows, just let one of us know. One idea...They have an excellent show on the Branson Belle. We might plan a boat ride one day for early arrivers. Trust me when I say that you can bring the whole family, stay a week and not run out of anything to do. The shows are reasonably priced and obviously the hotels are inexpenisve as well. I've been taking my family to Branson for the Super Summer Cruise for years and we always look forward to it.

Larry Roper
hotrodcuda98@hotmail.com

Stuart Sutton
stuartspeedway@hotmail.com

Here's the link to the Branson Belle website. http://www.showboatbransonbelle.com/

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

RTDaddy

Stuart,

With Rita now knowing some of the bunch, and her wanting to make the Branson run a few years back, it looks like I've been volunterred to be there, and I HOLD YOU RESPOSIBLE.   :icon_smile_big:  Been looking over the Branson sites, I saw the Branson Bell, Rita likes to boat ride wherever we go, so that would be good. I also saw an excursion train, (Branson Scenic Railway), and a Historic Homestead tour.  Also saw a Branson Auto Museum, (different from 57 Heaven?).  You planning to set-up events starting Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday?  (Need to figure out when to get there).  I will bring a spare fuel pump pushrod.  See you then.

Afterthought, you're seen my trailer, is there a decent spot to put it at the Ramada?

Barry

IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

moparstuart

yes plenty of trailer parking

Monday is a free day for most to go to silver dollar city or what ever you want to do.. We will scheduled a few events every day and free time every day also for people to do shows or what ever.  You dont have to do our schedules stuff  . Its just stuff we thought you all would like .   57 heaven museum is closing and being autioned off this month .  :eek2:  So i'm already having to reschedule stuff .  So i'm sure we will be going to that new car museum you saw on line .

There is so much to do and not enought time to do it all.  Sue has a connection to get 1/2 price ticket to most all the show and activities .   

hemigeno

A couple regular stops for my family in Branson -- besides a few already listed -- are the Shepherd of the Hills dinner & show and the Titanic attraction.  We'll usually hit maybe one or two (at the most) of the "regular" shows around town, but my kids are much more interested in playing all the different Putt-Putt courses than anything else.   :no:

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on September 30, 2009, 07:57:59 AM
A couple regular stops for my family in Branson -- besides a few already listed -- are the Shepherd of the Hills dinner & show and the Titanic attraction.  We'll usually hit maybe one or two (at the most) of the "regular" shows around town, but my kids are much more interested in playing all the different Putt-Putt courses than anything else.   :no:

plenty of go-cart tracks and arcades for my kids too. 

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

If it wasn't when my kid is still in school we might have come down for  that one. looks like a lot of potential for fun, and as long as their are wing cars to stare at I'm always up for it.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on September 30, 2009, 06:37:13 PM
If it wasn't when my kid is still in school we might have come down for  that one. looks like a lot of potential for fun, and as long as their are wing cars to stare at I'm always up for it.
sorry we are all out of school in may here ,  That was the only week in june that area 57 had open.  Yoiu dont wanna be in branson in july .    :yesnod: :yesnod:

learical1

Most people don't want to be in Phoenix in May, June, July, August, or September. :flame:
Bruce

hotrod98

Those wooden, multi level go-cart tracks are fast and furious. We rode the one on the west end of town last year, the Lumberjack, I think and it was totally insane. I've seen about half of the shows in town and haven't seen one yet that I didn't enjoy. The Pressley's were great.

The parkiing lot at the Branson Belle is huge. Plenty of parking for those big old wingcars. I'll look into a package deal.

In July and August the streets are more often referred to as parking lots. People are courteous and will let you in, but of course you then come to a complete stop.  ;D

Charles Addams

unrulyprocuda

sound like lots of fun but thats the week of the power tour and its going right thru the midwest this year the last few times ive went mostly chevys and fords id like to see a huge pack of mopars rolling down the highway like the old days of the mopar nats. just a thought

hotrod98

I was sick when I realized that the show was the same week as the Power Tour. I had planned to do the Power Tour for the first time in 2010. The wing show is much more important though and for me...much closer to home.

I don't expect the Power Tour to affect the show attendance.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

these are sue's recommendations

Some of the recommended shows to see in branson : tony rio ( famous Elvis impersonator) , The haygoods ( six brothers and one sister musical act)  Legends in cocert ( Marilyn Monroe , Shania Twain , The blues brothers , Elvis,ect).  Baldknobbers (country singing , dancing  , comedy ),  Presley's country jubilee , The duttons Six  ( six brothers who do amazing harmonizing with no instruments) , Rankin Brothers (variety of music very well done. Acrobats of china ( highly recommended-an unbelievable show !) Shoji Tabuchi  ( amazing fiddler- even if you dont see his show you have to go in and check out the theater and his bath rooms are fabulous!)    
        You can learn more about the shows and attractions by visiting : www.explorebranson.com.  There are links to most of the theaters and performer's websites with schedules showing ticket prices , times and dates of each show . The 2010 schedules wont's be availble untill after christmas/ New years holiday in branson, so be sure and check back in january for dates and times of any shows your interested in.

moparstuart

If you wait until you arrive in branson to purchase your show tickets , there is a generic looking building at the intersection of highways 65 & 76 where most of you will drive in on .  It has half-price tickets for most of the shows.  There is no sales pitch , no timeshare tour , no catch what so ever at these prices , and then you can purchase the other ticket elsewhere at various places around town . 
    There are alot of attractions in the aera to see: The titanic exhibit , Hollywood wax museum, stone Hill winery ,Butterfly Palace , Toy Museum , Dinosaur Museum and haunted House , Ripley's Believe It or Not. There are also numerous places you can play mini golf , go cart racing  ,ride the ducks , fly from the 100 tower or take a heliocopter ride over branson. There are numerous specialty stores, shopping and outlet malls , and alot of restaurants and ice cream joints around the branson area. You can also take a leisurely ride on the branson Belle Showboat or the tourist train or see a movie at the IMAX threatre. The attractions are endless in branson , so plan to make it your family vacation and come enjoy everything with your mopar famliy too.   

moparstuart

We also have a large group of members attend the MOPARS in the park in farmington mn.  Its on the predeeding weekend of the branson meet . The group plans to leave farmington Sunday mid-afternoon and stay overnight in Des moines Iowa .  Monday morning they will take off early and drive together to branson.  

So if you were worried about missing the power tour , We can have our own winged power tour from Minnesota to missouri .     :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hotrod98

Charles Addams

moparstuart

JUNE 7-12: Branson, MO, Winged Warriors/NBOA National Meet and Daytona-Superbird Auto Club National Meet with Stuart Sutton and Larry Roper as hosts. Our headquarters hotel is the Ramada Inn Area 57. Our special room rate is $54.95 per night; call (417) 334-1000 and ask for the WW block of rooms. The Ramada rooms surround their own large parking lot where our cars will be on display. The hotel is very nice and offers wireless internet, a work-out room, excellent hot breakfast buffet. Activities that are being planned are: Monday arrival day and free time. Tuesday through Thursday: A trip to Springfield to visit the huge Bass Pro Shop and wildlife museum, stop at Lamberts (home of the throwed rolls) in Ozark for lunch; Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede, cruise on the Branson Belle Showboat, the new Branson Auto Museum; Friday evening we'll have our raffle and pizza party at the Ramada, and watch a drive-in movie after dark. There will be free time every day for members to see things on their own. There are endless shows and entertainment in the area. Some recommended shows are: Toni Roi (Elvis impersonator), The Haygoods (amazing brothers/sister musical show), Legends in Concert (Marilyn, Elvis, Shania Twain, Blues Brothers, etc), Baldknobbers (country song, dance, comedy), The Duttons, Six (six brothers who sing a capella-no instruments!), Rankin Brothers (variety of music) Acrobats of China (highly recommended very amazing show!) Shoji Tabuchi (fiddler/comedian--even if you don't see the show you have to see the theatre and bathrooms which are legends themselves!). You can learn more about the shows at www.explorebranson.com. There are links to most of the performer's websites with schedules and ticket prices. There are also lots of attractions in the area including Silver Dollar City, the Titanic, Hollywood Wax Museum, Ripley's Believe it or Not, Toy Museum, Dinosaur Museum and Haunted House. Or you can play miniature golf, race go-karts, ride the Ducks, enjoy a 40-mile train ride in vintage rail cars on the Branson Scenic Railway, fly from a 100' tower or take a helicopter ride over Branson. There are numerous outlet malls, specialty stores, restaurants, ice cream joints around the area. Come to the meet and make it your family vacation!

moparstuart

This will be a combined clubs event , Winged Warriors will host it this year with DSAC hosting next year . The clubs will then alterate who host and sets up the Nation Meet event every other year . This will save us Money trying to make both events and Hopefully get bigger turn out of members and cars .   

Very special thanks to Doug Shellinger , Chuck Porter , Mike Borkowski , Wayne Perkins , and Sue George for arranging for us to have combined Club Meets .   

moparstuart

I called the ramada today and ground floor rooms are filling up , they have just three single King bed only rooms left on the ground floor .   So call asap if you need a ground floor room .

41husk

I am making reservations for the 10th and 11th, be there the 10-12th.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

41husk

Just made my reservations and the only ground floor available is a handicapped room.  So I am on the second floor, I guess they don't count mental handicaps :nana:) He said if something opened up on the ground floor he would change me.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Aero426

We made our hotel reservations last Thursday.    Try and make your reservations direct with the hotel staff.   The first time we called at night, they transferred us to the 800 reservation line. They didn't know anything about a block or a special rate.    When we called back, we told them not to transfer us, and we got in just fine.

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on March 01, 2010, 12:10:39 PM
We made our hotel reservations last Thursday.    Try and make your reservations direct with the hotel staff.   The first time we called at night, they transferred us to the 800 reservation line. They didn't know anything about a block or a special rate.    When we called back, we told them not to transfer us, and we got in just fine.
(417) 334-1000  Eli is my new hotel contact person , He is also now running Area 57 the show ,drive inn movie area .