News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Winged Warriors/ DSAC National Meet June 2010 PHOTOS NOW ***

Started by moparstuart, September 28, 2009, 06:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

I really enjoyed talking to all of the members from around the U.S.. I tend to ask a lot of questions about the areas that people live in. I've never traveled north or northeast much so I'm always curious about what it's like in those parts of the country. Maybe next year I'll find out what it's like up in northern Ohio. Probably cooler temps than Branson...and maybe less traffic.
Strangely, I felt like I had met most of the members before.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 12, 2010, 08:52:22 PM
I really enjoyed talking to all of the members from around the U.S.. I tend to ask a lot of questions about the areas that people live in. I've never traveled north or northeast much so I'm always curious about what it's like in those parts of the country. Maybe next year I'll find out what it's like up in northern Ohio. Probably cooler temps than Branson...and maybe less traffic.
Strangely, I felt like I had met most of the members before.

you know the cars are great , but it really is the amazing people you get to meet at these events that make it worth coming to. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  

I make fun of rick and all his stories but he has been to all these events and bought his car new .  The stories are really priceless .   :D :nana:

He makes fun of me right back for all my picture taking 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

Thanks to Stuart and Larry for a job well done.     They put a lot of effort into the meet, and it was very well organized.   

hotrod98

The problem we had with meeting in Branson was the parking issue. There were several shows and restaurants that would have been great to have scheduled in, but their parking lots were either very small or on steep inclines. I was worried about going down to Branson Landing, but by going early we were able to find some nice spots to park in. I really wanted to take everyone to McFarlands for lunch or dinner but we have a tough time finding spots to park there. Especially with those long pointy noses. If you guys ever visit Branson, be sure and eat at McFarlands at least once. They have the best country food you'll ever find.
I think everyone got a kick out of eating at Lambert's. You don't see people throwing rolls to you very often. If anyone left there hungry, I would be shocked.
I talked a few into going to the Outback. The Outback is a seafood place primarily and they pre-date the Outback Steakhouses by quite a few years. The Aussie food was great.
Unfortunately, I missed getting to go to the Bass Pro Shop and the zoo. I had to finalize the arrangements for the Branson Belle Showboat. I've been the BPS many times before but still would have liked to have gone with the group. Part of being a host I guess.
I was glad that my wife, Sandra was able to enjoy the trip. As her Alzheimer's progresses, she has more and more difficulty with traveling. I'm hopeful that the new meds that are being tested will be available soon so that she can improve to the point that we would be able to attend next years event in Cleveland. Time will tell.
I truly appreciate everyone that helped her during the week. It didn't go unnoticed.

I hope to see some of you in St. Louis in September.

Charles Addams

41husk

Congrats to all the participants.  It looks like you are the winers here.  Great cars, great people= a great event :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

hotrod98

It would have been cool to have had all of the birds lined up neatly with those signs on the windshields. It was pouring down rain when I got there and due to poor visibility I didn't get parked all of the way up to the edge of the parking lot. I'm surprised at how quickly the weather cleared up and how quickly the parking lot drained. That week went by way too fast.

Charles Addams

learical1

Quote from: moparstuart on June 12, 2010, 07:34:51 PM
      Looking forward to next years meet in cleveland

Please tell me more!  My wife's High School 'major year' reunion is next summer in Cleveland.  It would be nice if I had something to do if we go.  I promise to bring the 30+ year old photo albums.
Bruce

pettybird

I'm going to let the glow of this meet wear off a little before stickying the next, but it'll be 52 weeks from now, starting tomorrow.  we're planning a trip to the rock n' roll hall of fame, various museums, tours and more.  meet will run from tuesday thru saturday.  definitely more to come!

RTDaddy

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 14, 2010, 03:04:33 PM
It would have been cool to have had all of the birds lined up neatly with those signs on the windshields. It was pouring down rain when I got there and due to poor visibility I didn't get parked all of the way up to the edge of the parking lot. I'm surprised at how quickly the weather cleared up and how quickly the parking lot drained. That week went by way too fast.

As you and Stuart have now joined me as an alumnus of the Winged Warriors meet planning school of hard knocks, I would like to thank you both for a job well done.  While you mention not being able to do some things, I know that when you start running the timing, you have to prioritize, and you did well.  Thanks to you both.   :cheers:
One of these days, "Team red" will get enough cars to show to challenge "Team green."   :icon_smile_big:

Thanks,
Barry
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

hotrod98

We couldn't get enough of Area 57 so Sandra and I are going back up in a couple of weeks for the Route 66 Car show. Several of the Route 66 members have asked us to attend.
It won't be the same without all of you guys though.  :'(

Charles Addams

pettybird

Quote from: RTDaddy on June 14, 2010, 08:17:47 PM

As you and Stuart have now joined me as an alumnus of the Winged Warriors meet planning school of hard knocks, I would like to thank you both for a job well done.  While you mention not being able to do some things, I know that when you start running the timing, you have to prioritize, and you did well.  Thanks to you both.   :cheers:
One of these days, "Team red" will get enough cars to show to challenge "Team green."   :icon_smile_big:

Thanks,
Barry

Team Blue already has four confirmed arrivals for next year.  it is soooo ON.

tan top

wow   :drool5: :drool5:  awesome cars ! thanks for  sharing the pictures Stuart  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs: :cheers: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hotrod98

Team black doesn't have a chance.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on June 15, 2010, 01:22:11 AM

Thanks,
Barry

I can actually join team blue too , as the birdibles fender tag shows it to be B-3 out the factory door  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

Thanks,
Barry
thanks barry and thanks again for driving so far to come join in the fun .

hotrod98

I guess I would be on team yellow according to my fender tag. Go team yellow.  :boogie:

Charles Addams

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on June 15, 2010, 09:02:41 AM

I can actually join team blue too , as the birdibles fender tag shows it to be B-3 out the factory door  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Turncoat!  and here I was going to let you count our 'tona hulk for TG due to it being F8!

Marty was originally an R4 car, but I think it belongs with Larry and Milt in the "other" category  :lol:

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on June 15, 2010, 11:17:03 PM

Turncoat!  and here I was going to let you count our 'tona hulk for TG due to it being F8!

Marty was originally an R4 car, but I think it belongs with Larry and Milt in the "other" category  :lol:
lets just hope i make it there in a green convertible and not an  R-4 runner   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on June 16, 2010, 09:50:12 AM
Quote from: pettybird on June 15, 2010, 11:17:03 PM

lets just hope i make it there in a green convertible and not an  R-4 runner   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

HA Barry might get a boost anyway!