News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Winged Warriors/ DSAC National Meet June 2010 PHOTOS NOW ***

Started by moparstuart, September 28, 2009, 06:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

This is going to be one of those shows where you won't be sitting around in a lawn chair all of the time. We have quite a few activities planned for the week and of course there are all of the other shows, exhibits and malls that Branson has to offer. Trust me when I say that you won't be disappointed with Branson. We attend the big cruise there every August with many of our family members and friends. Everyone looks forward to going back to Branson every year.

The local Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep dealership is interested in hosting a noon time car show on Friday the 11th. I'll let everyone know more as time goes on. The dealership is only a few miles from the hotel. That will give us plenty of time to get back before the Friday evening events at the hotel.

We've booked several seats on the Branson Belle Showboat for Thursday at 4:00. The cost is $54.81 per adult and that includes a great meal and a show on the boat while cruising around the lake. The cost for children is around $28.00. The parking lot is very big and we won't have any problems with parking space. The early evening show will get us back to the hotel before dark.
If you're interested in the showboat cruise, drop me a line and I'll add you to the list. hotrodcuda98@hotmail.com

Stuart and I will be adding more updates on activities as time allows. We'll put together a complete list of the activities and make them available as soon as everything is in place. Hope to see you there.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

eli called today and said 35 of the 50 rooms are reserved so i had him set 10 more rooms aside for us .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

dreamcatcher

I booked mine a couple weeks ago and got 2ND floor as well...I'm in for Fri. and Sat. nights. :2thumbs: I will try to be there for the noon car show...looking forward to this and meeting some of the people who have helped me out.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

Mopurr

Stuart

Didn't you tell me that everything was finished Friday Night except for those that wanted to meet for Breakfast Sat.?

A schedule update would be nice

Thanks!!!!!

moparstuart

Yes  for the most part we will be done friday night . People are welcome to stay and experience branson on there own for the whole weekend .  There is so much to do and experience.  We will go to breakfast together saturday morning ,but that is all i have scheduled .  I wanted to leave the full weekend for people that are far away to travel back home .   Monday is a free day to go to silver dollar city or other big events on your own and i have stuff scheduled for tueday - friday , leaving both before and after weekends for travel .

thanks stuart

any other questions or suggestions are welcome ,  

Mopurr

Stuart

Do you have what is planned for each day ready to list yet?

moparstuart

Some what but not everything  nailed down completely yet  . A couple of my locations have backed out , closed or are remodeling . ( best layed plans you know )  I have the schedule I will update it and post it later today . ( hoping nothing will have to change later )  :icon_smile_big:     thanks stuart

moparstuart

schedule of events

MONDAY    June 7th      Arrival day/ check in  , free time , suggestion of Silver Dollar City an all day park.
                                                                            http://www.silverdollarcity.com/

TUESDAY    June 8th        Leave Hotel 7:30 AM sharp ,  head for sprigfield missouri .
                                           Bass Pro shop  8:30 AM - 9:30 AM
                                           Springfield Dickerson Park Zoo  10:00 AM to 12:30
                                           LUNCH Lambert's ozark missouri (home of the throwed rolls ) arrive 1:00 PM

rest of the afternoon , free time ( tons of activity locally in Springfield & Branson)
                                            Fantastic caverns are just out side Springfield and so is Exotic animal  
                                            World paradise , A drive thur safari.

****   GO CARTS

moparstuart

Weds.   June 9th 
                                                  Morning is all free time
                                                  1:00 PM - 3:00 PM  Branson Auto museum group rate $ 10.00 each
                                                       Its is just across the street and down a little from the hotel so
                                                       you could walk or take the car if you like a group picture might be nice.
                                                       The prowler club did it .

5:30 PM to 8:00 PM     Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede
                                                           Great Show and Homemade Style food , 4 course meal .
                                                            Group rate $ 44.63 adults    $ 25.66  kids 4-11 age

***  go-cart and arcade challenge every late night

moparstuart

Thursday  june 10th            11 :00 - 4 PM  Cruise over to Branson Landing to eat lunck and shop
                                              4:00     Branson belle boat cruise and dinner/show

Per larry           Thursday, June 10th for the Branson Belle cruise at 4:00 p.m.. I felt that this would be preferable to the 8:00 cruise since the late cruise would mean driving back to the hotel after dark, in the show traffic.
The cost is $54.81 per adult inc meal, show, tax and gratuity.  Children are welcome and the cost for them is around $28.00
The meal looks great. It includes a salad, an entree, vegetables, bread, dessert and drink.
I've heard that the show is very entertaining and the views on Table Rock lake are wonderful.

There are specialty shops there at the landing as well as a gift shop on board.

The website for Branson Belle is: http://www.showboatbransonbelle.com/

moparstuart

Friday June 11th       10:00AM to 3:00 PM      cruise/car show  at the local dealership with them suppling burgers and dogs for lunch .

4:30 TO  8:00          Club meeting /raffle  and club supplied dinner of pizza and wings .

8:00 PM or dusk ?    Drive  inn movie on sight at area 57 our hotel car show site . Area 57 has a consession stand on site.   
                                                                  We will be showing "Finish Line" a movie that member George Medearos wrote and filmed a few years back.  It's ALL mopars,
                                                                  the story is kind of cool, and maybe not everyone has seen it?       

moparstuart

Saturday June 12th morning do breakfast together before everyone departs  

70Sbird

Stuart,
I checked my schedule and I'm committed to vacationing with the in-laws so I'll be missing Branson and the Keokuk (sp?) events :rotz:
I guess family does have to come first sometimes, but I will see you in September in St Louis

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

we will miss you scott but look forwards to seeing you in st louie

hotrod98

So far we have 18 seats reserved for the Branson Belle cruise on Thursday. If there's anyone that plans to go and has not contacted me yet, please do so. I want to make sure that everyone will have a seat. I think everyone will enjoy the cruise. I plan to have someone stay with the cars while we're on the cruise although I really don't think it would be necessary. Might give some people piece of mind so that they can enjoy the cruise a little more.
The paved lot there at the dock area is very large and there will be plenty of parking. Shouldn't be a problem grouping the cars together.
E-mail me (Larry Roper) at hotrodcuda98@hotmail.com

Charles Addams

hotrod98

So far we have 25 seats reserved on the Branson Belle. If you haven't reserved a seat yet, e-mail me at  hotrodcuda98@hotmail.com  to get your name on the list. You don't want to miss this cruise. The lake is beautiful, the food is great and the show is very entertaining.
We may have a few local mopar people show up on Thursday to join us on the cruise.
Larry

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 17, 2010, 08:43:55 AM
So far we have 25 seats reserved on the Branson Belle. If you haven't reserved a seat yet, e-mail me at  hotrodcuda98@hotmail.com  to get your name on the list. You don't want to miss this cruise. The lake is beautiful, the food is great and the show is very entertaining.
We may have a few local mopar people show up on Thursday to join us on the cruise.
Larry
do you have a local mopar connection larry ?  I would love to get more cars out for the show at the dealership friday .

hotrod98

Not right there in Branson, but there are a couple of D.C. members that live in that area. You might start a thread in the Charger section inviting anyone in the area to attend. Maybe they can get off from work on Friday to come out. Might not be a bad idea to post an invite on Moparts as well. If you want me to do it just let me know.
The people that I know are in N.W. Arkansas and western Arkansas.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 17, 2010, 04:46:02 PM
Not right there in Branson, but there are a couple of D.C. members that live in that area. You might start a thread in the Charger section inviting anyone in the area to attend. Maybe they can get off from work on Friday to come out. Might not be a bad idea to post an invite on Moparts as well. If you want me to do it just let me know.
The people that I know are in N.W. Arkansas and western Arkansas.
Great if you could post that info that would be awesome  thanks .

hotrod98

Charles Addams

hotrod98

I talked to the people at the hotel and we have more than 50 of the rooms reserved. She couldn't give me an exact number but said that the original block of 50 rooms were reserved and that they had reserved several more just recently.
We have approximately 32 seats reserved for the Branson Belle cruise on Thursday.
The Dodge dealership show is definitely a go for Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.. They're going to have an area set up for us and will provide refreshments. They may have a live remote with one of the local radio stations so we may ask for volunteers to speak for the group. Hopefully someone much more knowledgeable about wingcars than I.  ;D
We should have a few members of the Route 66 Mopar club there as well. They're a great bunch and are very active with shows, etc. throughout the year.

Still taking reservations for the Branson Belle cruise. hotrodcuda98@hotmail.com

Larry

Charles Addams

moparstuart

hotrod98

If there's anyone that reserved seats on the Branson Belle that may not be able to make it, please contact me as soon as possible. We're trying to nail down the exact number of seats. They called and said that the boat is completely booked for that day and need to know if there are any seats that we didn't need. Once we reserve them, we're committed. Well, at least I'm committed.  ;D

Charles Addams

RTDaddy

OK, there is committed and there is involved.  The hen was involved in the ham and eggs you had for breakfast, the pig was committed.   :icon_smile_big:
We'll be there for the boat ride.

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

moparstuart

Can you believe its been a year barry ?  Wow cant wait to see you and rita again drive safely .