News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LEDS

Started by 1charger69, September 30, 2009, 01:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1charger69

I would like to upgrade my dash guage lights to those LEDS.....i remember seeing them in mopar collectors guide but i cant find the stinkin ad!!!   :brickwall: anyone got a link??

thanks guys

Rubberduck

You can find them on ebay.
Look for: LED Dash board Bulb

Mario
ยด68 Charger, 505 by CWE, 4-speed

1charger69

any idea which ones i would need???

Just 6T9 CHGR

Use my bulb chart and do a search on  www.superbrightleds.com to match the appropriate stock bulb #'s

http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/gallery/facts/chart_pic_001?full=1
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

charger2fast4u

is there much visibility improvement with the gauges with switching to the LED's? i know LED'S burn brighter but don't know if it would solve the dark dash problem? on my 73 challenger the dash lights are alittle dim and would like to get brigher lights if possible

375instroke

Why do people want such bright dash lights.  Wouldn't one want their pupils to stay dilated at night?

Troy

Quote from: 375instroke on October 12, 2009, 08:58:21 PM
Why do people want such bright dash lights.  Wouldn't one want their pupils to stay dilated at night?
My dash lights (when working) are still so dim that I can't read the gauges. While I do turn the lights down in my newer cars so I can see, I don't think a single LED bulb is all that bright in the older cars.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

charger2fast4u

:iagree: my old cars are dim and like said hardly see the gauges. and i also turn down the dim on all of my newer cars way to bright for my taste.

69 rt

My dash lights were dim or off and it turned out to be a faulty switch. Changed it out now my dash lights stay on and are as bright as needed.

Hemidog

Quote from: Troy on October 12, 2009, 09:34:21 PM
Quote from: 375instroke on October 12, 2009, 08:58:21 PM
I don't think a single LED bulb is all that bright in the older cars.
Troy

True, I tried some single LEDS in the shifter indicator and AC buttons, but they were dimmer than the ordinary bulbs, so I changed them back...