News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FY1 yellow vs.

Started by 1carcrazyguy, September 30, 2009, 06:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1carcrazyguy

Anyone here have access to paint codes/chips?  Seeing the Yellow Dart that is on the cover of one of the latest Mopar magazine I was curious if anyone can post a picture of how close/different FY1 yellow and the base/clear of "chrome yellow" ? ?    

Ghoste

Do you have a model and year for the chrome yellow?  Only guessing but anything I picture as being named chrome yellow I would think as being considerably brighter than the magazine car.

1carcrazyguy

The color is from a .... :icon_smile_blackeye:......2003-04 Ford Cobra Mustang color.

Ghoste

Not very scientific but to my eye Sunfire is almost like a pale yellow and especially compared to that.   :shruggy:

Troy

If you're talking about the magazine I'm thinking of then that car (383 Dart GTS) isn't FY1 - it's 68 Sunfire yellow as Ghoste mentioned. Like this:

Here's my Barracuda in something like Chrome Yellow.

Here's a few Y1 cars:

And Citron Yella:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

Or I am thinking of the wrong car?  Top Banana would be a lot brighter than Sunfire.

EDIT:  Sunfire is Y2, the 70 that Troy posted is Y1.  Time to go out to the shop and step away from the keyboard.

Troy

Which magazine? I think the car I was thinking of was on Hemmings Muscle Machines and not one of the Mopar magazines.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

1carcrazyguy

Quote from: Troy on October 01, 2009, 10:47:44 AM
Which magazine? I think the car I was thinking of was on Hemmings Muscle Machines and not one of the Mopar magazines.

Troy

The one on Mopar Muscle, pictured above.

Also on these 72 Chargers, is it possible to elimate the chrome mouldings that mount on the tops of the door and continue along the 1/4 glass window?   Does anyone have a close up shot of a car with these and without?

Here is a before pic.   The rust is light surface rust and the metal is still smooth.  

Mike DC

IMHO that recent strong yellow shade from General Motors (it shows up on new Corvettes a lot) is better than any of the vintage muscle-era yellows. 

1carcrazyguy

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 01, 2009, 01:15:49 PM

IMHO that recent strong yellow shade...better than any of the vintage muscle-era yellows. 

That is why I am tossing the idea of going a non factory color. No show car here just looking for something that looks good.