News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Head Bolt Torque

Started by Long Island RT, October 13, 2009, 01:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long Island RT

I lost my "info card" for my ARP head bolts.  Can anyone tell me what the recommended torque steps and figures are and what lube is recommended?  I have the Eddy Performer Heads on a 440 block. 

Thanks
1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

BBKNARF

I have the same combonation, I used a strait 30 grade motor oil and gave a light coat of oil on 5-6 threads and torqued it 70 foot pounds.
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

Khyron

I torqued to 50, then retorqued to 70.

But im anal ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

John_Kunkel

IIRC, ARP recommends their own paste lube and they have a different torque spec for it as opposed to 30 WT.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

firefighter3931

Quote from: John_Kunkel on October 14, 2009, 05:40:53 PM

IIRC, ARP recommends their own paste lube and they have a different torque spec for it as opposed to 30 WT.

John is correct....the specs using ARP lube vs 30wt oil is slightly different. I have used the ARP lube with a final spec of 70ftlbs. Start at 30 ftlbs, then 50ftlbs and finish at 70ftlbs....using the factory torque sequence.

Ron

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs