News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need some advice

Started by Reidar, October 01, 2009, 03:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reidar

Hi guys!

Im building a 415 stroker (360, 060" over, 4" stroke) and now im looking for some heads.

All i can find is either Edelbrock or Indy. First dont allow bigger lift than 575, and the latter costs an arm and a leg.

Does anyone know of an alternative wich give a higher lift and is not to expensive?

Can something be done to the eddy-heads to allow higher lift?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Ghoste

Will you need more lift than .575 on a 415?  That's a lot of cam.

Reidar

Hi Ghoste!

Im going to use this motor strictly for dragracing. No street-time at all, so im hoping for most bang for each buck.

Thinking of using a roller setup, and a lot of cams in Summit designed for drag race has a much higher lift than 575?

Ghoste

aifilaw

To save you some serious money, some more discussion would be very helpful. Higher lift doesn't mean much without flow, and a peak lift point is not as important as where the heads flow under the curve because that is where they spend the most time and make the most power.
If money is no object, go with Indy, or Brodix heads. If you are on a budget, but want some serious power, the edel or stealth heads will do a fine job and hold up well on a budget. on a mid-400" motor and a set of edel's you can easily hit the 6-700 hp range and keep your out-the-door cost below $6k
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads