News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

air cleaner color

Started by Hard Charger, January 02, 2014, 04:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hard Charger

does anyone know what the correct color black is for the 68 unsilenced air cleaner is?

or is it just satin black?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Hard Charger on January 02, 2014, 04:34:39 PM
does anyone know what the correct color black is for the 68 unsilenced air cleaner is?

or is it just satin black?

Semi glos wrinkle finish. Probably full gloss , just looks semi cause of the wrinkles.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bill440rt

You're right, Brian. Semi-gloss wrinkle finish.  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Hard Charger

How do you think that VHT paint would look if the air cleaner was not soda blasted? If the paint was sprayed over the previous wrinkle paint.

Ghoste

If you are just going over the existing finish, is there any value in just trying some cheap and basic rattle can semi gloss first? 

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Hard Charger on January 03, 2014, 06:19:43 PM
How do you think that VHT paint would look if the air cleaner was not soda blasted? If the paint was sprayed over the previous wrinkle paint.

I think it would turn out lousy.......but hey, you never know.   Give it a shot and if it looks like crap you can always strip down afterward.

Hard Charger

I actually meant regular semi black over the speckle paint not the VHT paint.

I cleaned it up real good and scuffed it up a bit, then shot it with some semi gloss black. I haven't checked it out yet.

Thanks for the replies.