News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My GO MANGO Charger

Started by khodne, October 03, 2009, 09:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

And you lifted on the straps with the cherry picker I assume? Sounds like a good idea. I have some nice new tie down straps too and that sounds like a good way to go. I'm hoping I have the car high enough off the floor already but we'll see. I bought a couple of short furniture dollies that are about 5 inches tall and it looks as if the oil pan will fit right down inside one so the bottom of the engine will only be about an inch off the floor when I slide it under. Without the carb on top of the intake I figure the 26" of clearance I have should be enough.

Here's how another member installed his: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,54249.0.html

You'll like your new wheels. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: What's up with the Magnums I see sitting on your floor? Too small?

khodne

I did the same thing with the furniture dolly.  Had plenty of room even with the carb on.  A little scary when lifting and the cherry picker roles forward a couple of inches.

The Magnum 500's on the Charger and floor are 14" off of a '67 GTX that's in the body shop.  Red with white interior, no console but a buddy seat and an auto on the column.

bull

Keep us posted on the install. Looks like it'll work out fine. :2thumbs:

khodne

It has been awhile since I updated this,

The Engine is in but hasn't been run.  I have the distributor being checked out for advance and total advance before I started it.  I put a Holley 850 double pumper in after reading all of the post here recommending it.

The front suspension is completely done.  It was completely dissembled and sand-blasted or striped of paint/rust.  When cleaned if it was bare metal from the factory I painted it cast color so it wouldn't rust.  The breaks and wheel bearings are done.  The wheels are on and the Charger is finally sitting on it's front.

The rear breaks are in with new parking brake lines and brake lines.  The parking brake works and the brake line has been run to the front.

I picked up a set of used BFG Drag Radials 275 60 15 cheap just to check how they would fill the wheel well.  Way to narrow I'm going to look for something wider...any suggestions?

70charginglizard

Comin along. Looks great! Keep up the teriffic work. :2thumbs:
70charginglizard

khodne

Front suspension.

khodne

More

rp23g7

Nice looking job, for future reference,  It looks like you rolled the engine under on a creeper, did you take it out and mount it on the K Member, or roll it under, lift it and roll the K member under it and attach it to the engine mounts?

tan top

some nice work going on  here  :yesnod:   good stuff  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

khodne

The K member was attached to the engine when it was slid under the car. 

khodne

pics

bull

Sweet! Getting there. I'm right behind you, well, maybe in dog years. :P Actually I've got my engine painted now and will be ordering my front end kit tomorrow so I'm feeling better. I'm only about nine months behind where I wanted to be at this time. :eek2:

Gotta admit I didn't expect to see drum brakes on the front of yours. Are you going to keep them?

model maker

MODEL MAKER

Musicman

khodne

Bull,

Eventually I'll convert the brakes.  I'd like to have it on the road this summer and that's just one more expense.  I ran into one yesterday.  I had bought 440Source's billet distributor, big mistake.  It is so far out of whack by the time it would be fixed it'll cost more that an MSD.  I guess a $100 mistake isn't the end of the world, just set me back in progress.

Had a change of thought with the headers.  I'm looking at the Doug's Headers, 2" into 3 1/2", what do you think?  Post seem to be very much on the pro side, even over TTI's.

Is there a link to the progress on your car?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: khodne on January 21, 2010, 10:26:20 AM
Bull,

Eventually I'll convert the brakes.  I'd like to have it on the road this summer and that's just one more expense.  I ran into one yesterday.  I had bought 440Source's billet distributor, big mistake.  It is so far out of whack by the time it would be fixed it'll cost more that an MSD.  I guess a $100 mistake isn't the end of the world, just set me back in progress.

Had a change of thought with the headers.  I'm looking at the Doug's Headers, 2" into 3 1/2", what do you think?  Post seem to be very much on the pro side, even over TTI's.

The Douds headers are basically the same as tti in most cases,as far as the tubes and bends.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

khodne

The carpet went in today and the door panels mocked up.  Legendary Auto Interiors had just gotten better with age.  The last carpet I installed from them was good but this one was excellent.  Plenty of extra, all of the creases were exact. 

charger_cody

Beautiful car. I was I was moving as quick as you.

Cody

bull

Quote from: khodne on January 21, 2010, 10:26:20 AM
Bull,

Not really. I should document my progress in one thread. Prolly be smarter than peppering the place with them. Maybe I'll work on that this week.

charger_cody

BB1

Delete my profile

khodne

I haven't been able to get a thing done the last couple of weeks.  Spoke with the guy that's setting up a MSD distributor for me today, it should be here all done by Friday. :2thumbs:  Could have had the other distributor I had purchased fixed, but went with the MSD.  I hope to be able to work on it with in the next couple of weeks. 

Bull,  do you have a list of the posts on your car?  I liked the post on the front end you had.

khodne

The distributor came today.

Beginning: 18 degrees of mechanical advance at the crankshaft, full advanced by 5200 RPM.

After:  24 degrees of mechanical advance at crankshaft, fully advanced by 2900 RPM.

khodne

This has been part of the reason I haven't done a thing to the Charger the last couple of weeks.  All most ready to put the wheels on.

charger_cody

Nice little model thing!!! I saw that you put the motor in from the bottom. I was thinking about buying that new 73-74 b body complete front end kit, and if I did I would be puting the motor in from the bottom. On a scale of 1-10 how easy was it? Do you prefer it rather than dropping from the front?

Thanks for the help in advance!!!

Cody