News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My GO MANGO Charger

Started by khodne, October 03, 2009, 09:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khodne

Cody,  I took my time, was nervous about having the car that high.  It was very easy.  If you have the suspension out I would do it.  4 K-frame bolts torqued to 150 foot pounds and the 4 cross member bolts.  Everything just dropped right into place.  Good luck, let me know how it works out. 

tommymac

I used Doug,s headers ,very happy,fit sound and looks.

khodne

Those headers look awesome!  I talked to a guy who just received his last week and was very happy also.  Next on my list next to Firecore plug wires.

tommymac

472 R/T SE

Quote from: charger_cody on February 25, 2010, 09:24:19 AM
Nice little model thing!!! I saw that you put the motor in from the bottom. I was thinking about buying that new 73-74 b body complete front end kit, and if I did I would be puting the motor in from the bottom. On a scale of 1-10 how easy was it? Do you prefer it rather than dropping from the front?

Thanks for the help in advance!!!

Cody

If you're doing the work by yourself, out & in through the bottom would be way easier.  Regardless of help, I think even I could do the K frame removal route.  It is after all how the factory did it.

Of course, it's all a matter of personal opinion.

charger_cody

Thank you sir. Yes I have help from my dad who has done the above removal probably a million times. Never asked him about doing it from the bottom though.  :scratchchin:

Cody

khodne

I got most of the doors done today.

firefighter3931

Quote from: khodne on February 24, 2010, 05:19:42 PM
The distributor came today.

Beginning: 18 degrees of mechanical advance at the crankshaft, full advanced by 5200 RPM.

After:  24 degrees of mechanical advance at crankshaft, fully advanced by 2900 RPM.

The after curve is much better !   ;)

Great looking project Kirk....keep up the good work !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

70 Charger RT

Was the Charger script included on the interior door panels when you purchased them from Legendary?  Or did you transfer them over from the old panels?  When I did my Charger 4 years ago, the scripts weren't included (sourced at Legendary also).
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

hemi68charger

That '70 is looking great !  :2thumbs:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69*F5*SE

That's one sweet Charger you got there.   :drive:

khodne

Quote from: 70 Charger RT on March 23, 2010, 08:37:38 AM
Was the Charger script included on the interior door panels when you purchased them from Legendary?  Or did you transfer them over from the old panels?  When I did my Charger 4 years ago, the scripts weren't included (sourced at Legendary also).

They were not included.  I had to transfer them.  I didn't like cutting on new door panels. :eek2:

GreenMachine

Quote from: khodne on March 23, 2010, 05:19:08 PM
Quote from: 70 Charger RT on March 23, 2010, 08:37:38 AM

They were not included.  I had to transfer them.  I didn't like cutting on new door panels. :eek2:

How did you attach them? I have '69 panels on my '70 and will swap back soon. I have one emblem from a SE car and it's riveted on, after I cut it off there won't be anything left to attach it with.
   Also, did your carpet come with the console carpet (the 2 side pieces and the aft end piece)? I'm ready to buy carpet now for my '70 Charger and my '68 Dart, I'm looking for quality, doesn't have to be 100% original.
   Cool car! Great Job!!! 
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

khodne

I didn't cut them off.  On the backside the stud was peend over and very short.  It took a while but I worked the washer back and forth till it came off,x4.  I marked where the script was to go.  Took the smallest drill bit I had and drilled the holes.  On the backside I marked the size of the hole and cut it out with an Xacto knife.  I had to pull out some of the padding to get the washer back on the stud.  With the washer back on the stud I re-peend the stud.

I didn't get the console carpet with this car.  I did with the last one I did and it turned out very nice.  I was able to separate the carpet and use the original press board backing.

Troy

BE&A makes the Charger emblems for the doors. I was told they had offered then to Legendary and they were turned down.

Console carpet is typically sold separately from the main carpet - but it's pretty cheap.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

khodne

I have been working, very slowly, on the interior.  The back seats have the new covers on them and look very nice.  The fronts looked like the just needed the bottoms recovered.  The backs looked like new.  When I started moving the seats around, mouse shit was falling from the backs.  I took the back covers off and the whole cavity was a mouse nest and smelled awful!!!  I had purchased new seat bottom foam from Legendary last spring but could not find new foam for the backs.  After a month of looking for back foam I think I have found the solution to get rid of the mouse smell.

I was cleaning the garage and on one of the shelves I had a bottle of "Scent Killer" for bow hunting.  I sprayed the seat back foam down with "Scent Killer" a week ago and again a couple of days ago.  I left in in the sun for a couple of hours today and did a smell test. NOTHING!!!  There is no mouse smell. 

A couple of pictures of the seat bottoms.

khodne

A couple of more.

khodne

and the bottom.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

khodne

Mocked up the drive shaft loop. 

khodne

1st picture is the drivers seat, not quite done.  The passenger seat and buddy seats are both done.

Musicman

aone415

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

69*F5*SE

Coming along nicely.   :yesnod: 

Sendero

Cool project ! I love the color too !