News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NFL on DC.C

Started by Steelman, November 27, 2005, 08:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

Well Dice,,, ask around the Upstate New York area anyones opinion of Doug Flutie and you will get 99% the same answer as ours.. He is one hell of a QB. One hell of a man and he was screwed by the management of the Bills.......  We would put him back on the pay roll just to make it up to him...

Just a quip. Here in New Port Richey, Florida there are 3 pizza joints that all are Bills fans joints. All three of them proudly show Flutie jersey's and boxes of Flutie Flakes...   One of them has OJ. and one has Jim Kelly signing some chicks ass...  They also all have Genny beer....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Steelman

Quote from: Afflyer on January 03, 2006, 01:34:48 PM
I'd love to see brother vs. brother; i.e. Colts against the Giants.  

A guy can dream can't he?!

:devil:
This is not so far fetched as you may think.
GO-GMEN :icon_smile_big:
"The only thing you leave, is your legacy"

Chris G.

Quote from: AllBlueRT on January 06, 2006, 05:51:48 PM
Quote from: Steelman on January 06, 2006, 04:25:36 PM

Yeah it is.   Nice to dream but it ain't gonna happen.

Hey, I agree with this guy in an NFL thread. ;D

FWIW, I have ZERO respect for the Manning family. I have nothing against Peyton, but the crap his father pulled in the draft, publicly refusing to let his kid (Eli) play for the Chargers could have long lasting effects on future draftee's. Don't get me wrong, we made out nice with the trade, but refusing to play for a team, and then it happening is not a good thing. Eli Manning could get both legs broken and it wouldn't phase me one bit. I hope the "good" Panther team shows up this weekend.

Steelman

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on January 06, 2006, 06:01:23 PM
Quote from: AllBlueRT on January 06, 2006, 05:51:48 PM
Quote from: Steelman on January 06, 2006, 04:25:36 PM

Yeah it is.   Nice to dream but it ain't gonna happen.

Hey, I agree with this guy in an NFL thread. ;D

FWIW, I have ZERO respect for the Manning family. I have nothing against Peyton, but the crap his father pulled in the draft, publicly refusing to let his kid (Eli) play for the Chargers could have long lasting effects on future draftee's. Don't get me wrong, we made out nice with the trade, but refusing to play for a team, and then it happening is not a good thing. Eli Manning could get both legs broken and it wouldn't phase me one bit. I hope the "good" Panther team shows up this weekend.
Elway did it years ago,he refused to go to the Colts.

Chris G.

Quote from: Steelman on January 06, 2006, 07:38:22 PM

The NFL has come a long way since Elway was a rookie. We are in a day and age when agents and family control what happens to the actual player that a team is paying. Look for future NFL players to try and dictate where they will end up. Just my crazy  :Twocents:

Steelman

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on January 06, 2006, 07:48:17 PM

The NFL has come a long way since Elway was a rookie. We are in a day and age when agents and family control what happens to the actual player that a team is paying. Look for future NFL players to try and dictate where they will end up. Just my crazy   :Twocents:
You don't think Elway  was influenced by his agent or Parents?
These kids want to win now,and with that comes big$$

Chris G.

Quote from: Steelman on January 06, 2006, 07:56:29 PM
You don't think Elway   was influenced by his agent or Parents?
These kids want to win now,and with that comes big$$

Like I said, the NFL has come a long way since the days of drafting Elway. Was he influenced by his agent or parents? Probably, but I would love for you to post what his original contract was vs. a contract in today's world? You can see it's not about football anymore to some of these guys, right? Endorsements and a signing bonus are what get these guys the billion dollar homes nowadays.   

Today vs. Yesterday is so far from comparable, it's not even worth a discussion, but if you want it, I'll do it.

ps- 90% of the highly paid players don't care about winning. They care about who's going to pay them the most...in any sport.  

Steelman

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on January 06, 2006, 07:48:17 PM

The NFL has come a long way since Elway was a rookie. We are in a day and age when agents and family control what happens to the actual player that a team is paying. Look for future NFL players to try and dictate where they will end up. Just my crazy   :Twocents:
I responed to this statement.The $$ have changed ,but the motive has not.
GOOOOO!!!! GGGGMEN!!!!!

Chris G.

Quote from: Steelman on January 06, 2006, 08:27:55 PM
to this statement.The $$ have changed ,but the motive has not.
GOOOOO!!!! GGGGMEN!!!!!

You're wrong, and the Giants suck! They may win a "gimme" tomorrow, but they ain't going far...we both know that. :icon_smile_wink:

Steve P.

Well the season is over for me..... :'(
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

dodgeboy67

GO PANTHERS......WOW.....I HAD THOUGHT IT WOULDVE BEEN A BETTER GAME

nh_mopar_fan

I'm afraid that Washington will get smoked next week. 120 yards of offense? Brunell was brutal. They're going to get killed next weekend.

Steve P.

I SURE HOPE SO........................... :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

Chris Simms grew up  last week end. Bunell just plain had nothing.........  I know the QB's are not the entire team. Don't get your neck hair pointed North... It takes a team, but,,,, man for man I would take Simms over Brunell any day............
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

nh_mopar_fan

I think Simms is going to be a good one. he just needs a little more time.

Steve P.

You better hope cause they sure have no offense.......... :smilielol:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

69_500

Washinton's offense looked horrible, and come on guys you have to admit their D isn't nearly on par with Tampa or Baltimore in their Super Bowl runs. Heck they aren't even on par with Chicago's D this year. If any team can make it to the Super Bowl on D alone it will be Chicago this year. They find ways to win games.

firefighter3931

I see my Steelers are still alive and in the hunt  ;D

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Afflyer

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 10, 2006, 11:13:50 AM

Not for long Ron!

Let's just see how many "terrible smelling dish towels" fly in a sea of BLUUUUUUUUUE!

Bradley  :icon_smile_approve:

GO COLTS!!!!!
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

dodgeboy67

Quote from: Afflyer on January 10, 2006, 11:46:14 PM

Not for long Ron!

Let's just see how many "terrible smelling dish towels" fly in a sea of BLUUUUUUUUUE!

GO COLTS!!!!!

i was gonna say that , but i wanted to let you say it....i knew youd see it sooner or later

firefighter3931

Not for long Ron!

GO COLTS!!!!!

Well, the Steelers have a great "D" and Big Ben is back in form.....should be a great game !  :thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

8WHEELER

Quote from: AllBlueRT on January 09, 2006, 12:13:31 AM
This weekend, my favorite was the NFC game Saturday.  For being beat up in the secondary, the Redskins D was still able to win the game for them.
I've adopted them for next weekend too, so much for rooting on the home team.  Will they be able to stop the Seagulls, I think so. :icon_smile_wink:  As long as the D slows down the MVP that is.
I like the teams chances that come along strong at the end of the year.  I guess that should be a given huh. :icon_smile_big:

Common Mike, let our Seachickens win something, Brundell is very good at times, he is from hear in the NW
and was a very good QB in college, through the ball well and scambled out of a lot of bad situations. But I think
he will be in trouble with our secondary, most all of are starters are back, so he will have his work cut out for him.
I think Washington will mostly focus on shutting down Shawn, and they may do a pretty good job, they did pretty
well in our first game with them. But we are out for revenge now, I know we are favored but I never listen to
those quacks, but I think Seattle by two touchdowns....... please please please..............

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

1970440RT

I see my Steelers are still alive and in the hunt ;D

Ron

I knew there was a reason I liked you Ron!  Besides that quote, I think you may know something about Mopars too. ;)

Quote from: dodgeboy67 on January 11, 2006, 06:40:07 PM

Not for long Ron!

GO COLTS!!!!!

i was gonna say that , but i wanted to let you say it....i knew youd see it sooner or later

The Steelers may be 9 point underdogs but i wouldn't count them out yet.  Cinci was supposed to be a good team...

firefighter3931

Quote from: 1970440RT on January 12, 2006, 12:00:27 PM
I see my Steelers are still alive and in the hunt ;D

Ron

I knew there was a reason I liked you Ron!  Besides that quote, I think you may know something about Mopars too. ;)

The Steelers may be 9 point underdogs but i wouldn't count them out yet.  Cinci was supposed to be a good team...

Excellent ! another Steelers fan  :thumbs: Yep, they  :smash: the Bengals and now it's the Colts turn !  :devil:

Ron

ron73440

GET YOUR TERRIBLE TOWELS READY!! HERE WE GO STILLERS!!!
I LIKE BEER!!!
USMC

nh_mopar_fan

I predict a Patriots victory over the Donks this week in Pile-it High.

Lowprofile, you with me on this or what?