News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

help with contact info for Larry Roper

Started by 41husk, October 06, 2009, 07:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

If Larry or some body with Larry's email or phone # could contacted me I would appreciate it.  I can't read my PM's here at school :shruggy: and I need to contact him.  I can be reached at allen.kirgan@gcsd9.net or 618 558-7278   Thanks Allen
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hemi68charger

I know it's a stupid question, but are you able to log in?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemigeno

From the thread about the upcoming WW/NBOA meet in Branson:

Larry Roper

hotrodcuda98@hotmail.com

I dunno if I have a phone number for him or not, might be one somewhere around here...

moparstuart

i emailed you his cell #  allen
I hope this means you can buy his daytona ?  :shruggy:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

hotrod98

He's a step closer to being a winger....me too..... ;D

I'll be less stressed once the Superbird is here in my garage and the Daytona clone is in Allen's garage.
Now we just have to find someone that needs a beautiful 1971 Cuda clone in their garage.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Troy

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 07, 2009, 05:58:21 PM

I'll be less stressed once the Superbird is here in my garage and the Daytona clone is in Allen's garage.
Now we just have to find someone that needs a beautiful 1971 Cuda clone in their garage.
I need one but I'm a little short of the asking price. :(

Congrats to you both though!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Blown70

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 07, 2009, 05:58:21 PM

I want that sooo bad.... just timing and me moving my bird.. which would not happen at the moment..... I have to hold that dream a bit longer.... but that is exactly what I want... 70 or 71 4spd......Red being my fave with a small block....... :2thumbs:

hotrod98

Charles Addams

41husk

I want this bad enough that I put for my first ebay sale my beloved 68 Charger with a 20k reserve. I have much more than that in her.  So if you are looking for a nice 68 Charger contact me or bid on the car.  I would love to be a wing car guy rather than a lurker :brickwall: and thanks to Larry for doing everything in his power to see it happen :cheers:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 41husk on October 08, 2009, 08:19:25 PM
I want this bad enough that I put for my first ebay sale my beloved 68 Charger with a 20k reserve. I have much more than that in her.  So if you are looking for a nice 68 Charger contact me or bid on the car.  I would love to be a wing car guy rather than a lurker :brickwall: and thanks to Larry for doing everything in his power to see it happen :cheers:

Im rootin for ya Allen!!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hotrod98

We're just big boys that have to have big toys.

I'm doing everything in my power to keep from dipping into the 401K to buy this bird. I've dropped the price on my 71 Cuda clone lower than I ever thought that I would. The only thing that makes it worth it is the fact that I would finally have a real Superbird to drive and I still have the real 71 Cuda to restore later on. To move it quickly I think I've priced the Daytona clone lower than it's actual value seeing as how it's a real 69 R/T SE triple black car to begin with.

This is the fourth Superbird that I've tried to buy and I'm not going to let this one get away. It's a true "street machine" type bird and that's exactly what I like about it. I've always driven something that's just a little different and this one fits right in. Besides, it has a little history to go along with it.

Charles Addams

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hotrod98

The current owner, Tom Ferry was in a band called Black Ice back in the 80's and the car was used as a photo backdrop, etc. It was the official "band car".  He bought the car from Jim Radke around 83. I have a bunch of pics of the car from the band days. Back when he built it, he converted a roadrunner air grabber hood into a Superbird hood. The car is pretty much original other than it having a six pack, the hood and the 17" Centerlines.

I plan to leave the car as is at least for a while. The only things that I may do at some point is put the vinyl top back on, put the Superbird hood back on and put stock Rallyes on it. I'll use the removed parts for my Superbird clone and make a "Black Ice" clone. You never know, Tom may eventually end up with the clone. The car was originally a Y1 lemon twist car with a 440, 4 speed, Dana 60, bucket seats and console. I plan to re-paint it black and drive the wheels off of it.

The fun part is going to be the 60 hour round trip to pick it up. I traded in my wife's Daytona pickup and my GMC pickup this morning on a new Dodge Crew Cab. I wasn't about to go pick up a Superbird with a GMC pickup. That would be sacrilage.  ;D

Charles Addams

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

hotrod98

Thanks Dave.  Even though it's not a six pack car, I plan to leave the six pack setup on the car. The air grabber hood has the under hood box, etc and is functional. Just kind of adds something to the street machine look. I really like the car without the vinyl top. I have pics of the plug before he welded it in solid and there was no rust whatsoever around the plug. This car had minimal rust in the lower quarters and some heavy surface rust in the center trunk pan area. This car was a west Texas car and was in California for a few years. Tom lives in Ketchikan which is an island so the car hasn't been driven much since he moved back there. Trust me, it will get driven once I get it home.

Charles Addams

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

xs29j8Bullitt

I hope all the pending sales go through... it would bring several guys a lot closer to their collection goals!

Congrats to Larry & Allen!   :cheers:
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Blown70

WOW Larry that is awesome.... I like the black will you be leaving this way or changing soon? 

I hope things workout for You and Allen.

Tom

hotrod98

Definitely staying black. The car is a twenty footer right now. It was last painted in the late 80's or early 90's and the paint is showing it's age. Tom's a body man and painter and will have the car basically primed, blocked and ready to re-spray when I receive it. If there's no damage from the transporting  I'll go over it with 600 grit, tape it up and put it in the booth. He would have painted it, but with it being transported theres just no reason to do that. I do plan to put the car on the lift, drop the driveline out onto the engine dolly and respray the engine compartment and engine.
If I don't it will bug me every time I open the hood. This is all simple stuff. Not true restoration really, just freshening everything up for the cruise night driving.
I think it would be cool to build my Superbird clone to match this car. Tom may be able to get the Enkei rims back that he had on the car in the 80's. I would like to have those to keep. Might use them on the clone. I see some possibilities. Stay tuned.

Charles Addams

Dave Kanofsky

I'd say put the headlight blackouts back on too, that would finish the look.

69bronzeT5

Such a beautiful car!  :drool5: Which way will you be going on the way back? :scratchchin:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

moparstuart

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on October 09, 2009, 01:52:27 PM
I say do them in white , I dont think that has been done yet  :shruggy: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :icon_smile_big:

41husk

Hmmmmm, I seem to remember one done in white, parked in my neighborhood.  It has to be pretty common.  Maybe we should startr a poll,
What color are the headlight decals on the Super Birds you have seen parked in your neighborhood :nana:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

hotrod98

Quote from: moparstuart on October 09, 2009, 02:02:30 PM
Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on October 09, 2009, 01:52:27 PM
I say do them in white , I dont think that has been done yet  :shruggy: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :icon_smile_big:

I think I know the reason no one's done that...   :nana:

As much as I hated painting the last two cars black, I somehow look forward to re-painting this bird black. It just looks mean.
The Daytona clone being black has grown on me. Of course, it always looks dusty for some reason.  :yesnod:

I have thought about putting the vinyl top back on. Just this week I asked Ken who's been installing the vinyl tops on his birds. If I decide to put the top back on, I may put the nose blackouts back on as well. I already have a set. I prefer to use the dark wing decals. I have a set of those already as well.

Charles Addams

hotrod98

This is what it looked like with the vinyl top.
This pic was taken right after he changed the color to black.
I guess the the hood wasn't finished yet.

You know...I like it better without the vinyl top. Makes the car look shorter.

Charles Addams

41husk

I think the angle of the picture may have more to do with the shorter look, than the vynil top :Twocents:  Some thing about looking at the sloping nose cone makes the car appear to be 4' longer :drool5:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

hotrod98

Have you ever noticed that on light colored cars, the vinyl top makes the car look longer? It's an optical illusion.
You're just seeing that long expanse of color with no height.

Charles Addams

66chargerkid

Maybe one day, you, my dad and milt can get together and have 3 air grabber birds together. All 3 being custom cars =)

hotrod98

Quote from: 66chargerkid on October 12, 2009, 03:43:46 PM
Maybe one day, you, my dad and milt can get together and have 3 air grabber birds together. All 3 being custom cars =)

It will probably happen...maybe next year. I do plan to leave the air grabber hood on. May never take it off. It's been on the car longer than the original hood.

I'm getting anxious to get the car down here to it's new home. I have some work to do freshening it up for all of the shows that we plan to attend next year.  I'm finishing the black 69 runner this week and plan to get back on my Daytona clone next week. I hope to have it completed in two or three weeks at the most. That will be three black b bodies in a row. What did I do to deserve that?  :brickwall:

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 12, 2009, 11:41:59 PM
Quote from: 66chargerkid on October 12, 2009, 03:43:46 PM

It will probably happen...maybe next year. I do plan to leave the air grabber hood on. May never take it off. It's been on the car longer than the original hood.

I'm getting anxious to get the car down here to it's new home. I have some work to do freshening it up for all of the shows that we plan to attend next year.  I'm finishing the black 69 runner this week and plan to get back on my Daytona clone next week. I hope to have it completed in two or three weeks at the most. That will be three black b bodies in a row. What did I do to deserve that?  :brickwall:
you have such a horrible life  LOL

that would be cool if we can get uncle milton down to branson and have 3 three air grabber cars

41husk

I am hoping I can take my new Daytona clone to Branson as well :2thumbs:  That is Larry, if you real wing owners will hang out with us clone guys :cheers:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on October 13, 2009, 11:57:58 AM
I am hoping I can take my new Daytona clone to Branson as well :2thumbs:  That is Larry, if you real wing owners will hang out with us clone guys :cheers:
if not allen you and I can hang  LOL

hotrod98

Even if I end up owning a real wingcar, I'm still a cloner at heart. First I gotta sell the Daytona clone to pay off the Superbird or I'll be driving a clone to the 2010 event.  ::)

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 13, 2009, 12:52:14 PM

Even if I end up owning a real wingcar, I'm still a cloner at heart. First I gotta sell the Daytona clone to pay off the Superbird or I'll be driving a clone to the 2010 event.  ::)
I dont think allen wants you to drive his clone to the event , you better get your own .  :D

41husk

Quote from: moparstuart on October 13, 2009, 01:05:15 PM

I dont think allen wants you to drive his clone to the event , you better get your own .  :D

I am working hard to make sure that doesn't happen!  The 68 is about 4k from reserve with less than 10 hours left.  and I have a guy from Tennesee who is supposed to come and look at the Wanna Bee this weekend.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on October 13, 2009, 01:13:51 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 13, 2009, 01:05:15 PM

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I am working hard to make sure that doesn't happen!  The 68 is about 4k from reserve with less than 10 hours left.  and I have a guy from Tennesee who is supposed to come and look at the Wanna Bee this weekend.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

hotrod98

I have all of the confidence in the world that we will all be driving something with a wing on it very soon.
Wait a minute. I already drive a roadrunner with a wing on it but that doesn't count.  ;D

Charles Addams

superbirdtom

larry what do you want for the daytona clone?? could you send some pics?  thanks  sbt