News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

help with contact info for Larry Roper

Started by 41husk, October 06, 2009, 07:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

This is what it looked like with the vinyl top.
This pic was taken right after he changed the color to black.
I guess the the hood wasn't finished yet.

You know...I like it better without the vinyl top. Makes the car look shorter.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

41husk

I think the angle of the picture may have more to do with the shorter look, than the vynil top :Twocents:  Some thing about looking at the sloping nose cone makes the car appear to be 4' longer :drool5:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hotrod98

Have you ever noticed that on light colored cars, the vinyl top makes the car look longer? It's an optical illusion.
You're just seeing that long expanse of color with no height.

Charles Addams

66chargerkid

Maybe one day, you, my dad and milt can get together and have 3 air grabber birds together. All 3 being custom cars =)

hotrod98

Quote from: 66chargerkid on October 12, 2009, 03:43:46 PM
Maybe one day, you, my dad and milt can get together and have 3 air grabber birds together. All 3 being custom cars =)

It will probably happen...maybe next year. I do plan to leave the air grabber hood on. May never take it off. It's been on the car longer than the original hood.

I'm getting anxious to get the car down here to it's new home. I have some work to do freshening it up for all of the shows that we plan to attend next year.  I'm finishing the black 69 runner this week and plan to get back on my Daytona clone next week. I hope to have it completed in two or three weeks at the most. That will be three black b bodies in a row. What did I do to deserve that?  :brickwall:

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 12, 2009, 11:41:59 PM
Quote from: 66chargerkid on October 12, 2009, 03:43:46 PM

It will probably happen...maybe next year. I do plan to leave the air grabber hood on. May never take it off. It's been on the car longer than the original hood.

I'm getting anxious to get the car down here to it's new home. I have some work to do freshening it up for all of the shows that we plan to attend next year.  I'm finishing the black 69 runner this week and plan to get back on my Daytona clone next week. I hope to have it completed in two or three weeks at the most. That will be three black b bodies in a row. What did I do to deserve that?  :brickwall:
you have such a horrible life  LOL

that would be cool if we can get uncle milton down to branson and have 3 three air grabber cars
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

I am hoping I can take my new Daytona clone to Branson as well :2thumbs:  That is Larry, if you real wing owners will hang out with us clone guys :cheers:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on October 13, 2009, 11:57:58 AM
I am hoping I can take my new Daytona clone to Branson as well :2thumbs:  That is Larry, if you real wing owners will hang out with us clone guys :cheers:
if not allen you and I can hang  LOL

hotrod98

Even if I end up owning a real wingcar, I'm still a cloner at heart. First I gotta sell the Daytona clone to pay off the Superbird or I'll be driving a clone to the 2010 event.  ::)

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 13, 2009, 12:52:14 PM

Even if I end up owning a real wingcar, I'm still a cloner at heart. First I gotta sell the Daytona clone to pay off the Superbird or I'll be driving a clone to the 2010 event.  ::)
I dont think allen wants you to drive his clone to the event , you better get your own .  :D

41husk

Quote from: moparstuart on October 13, 2009, 01:05:15 PM

I dont think allen wants you to drive his clone to the event , you better get your own .  :D

I am working hard to make sure that doesn't happen!  The 68 is about 4k from reserve with less than 10 hours left.  and I have a guy from Tennesee who is supposed to come and look at the Wanna Bee this weekend.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on October 13, 2009, 01:13:51 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 13, 2009, 01:05:15 PM

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I am working hard to make sure that doesn't happen!  The 68 is about 4k from reserve with less than 10 hours left.  and I have a guy from Tennesee who is supposed to come and look at the Wanna Bee this weekend.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

hotrod98

I have all of the confidence in the world that we will all be driving something with a wing on it very soon.
Wait a minute. I already drive a roadrunner with a wing on it but that doesn't count.  ;D

Charles Addams

superbirdtom

larry what do you want for the daytona clone?? could you send some pics?  thanks  sbt