News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Rear Trim??? >>>

Started by Charger Aficionado, November 27, 2005, 08:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dayclona

Quote from: hotrod98 on December 10, 2005, 11:43:16 PM
Why is it that no one seems to get the point?   It has to do with respect. I don't treat my clones the same way I treat my matching numbers cars. That's why I build clones instead of going out and buying the real thing.   I could care less if I wreck a 30k clone. I drive them hard. If I break them, I just repair them and go on. They're clones.     That's what they're for.        I won't treat my #'s cars that way.
Frankly, I'm tired of the B.S..
I think I'll just forget the daytona clone thing and put my R/T SE triple black car back original and save myself the headaches.

Well this is where some people differ in the "hobby" ,.................I appreciate the time ,dollars, labor, love that go into building a car,.... #'s   matching, "real" BS.......or a "clone" ............I treat a clone car, the same as a #'s car,................they're   vintage mopars!, they where built only once!.....there's a finite supply!................and to have no "respect" for someones /own car because it's non#'s matching is BS!.................a true Mopar/car lover respects his/her Mopar/car regardless of it's heritage!.....clone or not!........In my opinion, it's the wannabe( regards of the $$ they have) the ones who believe in the #'s matching hype that have no respect for the hobby!.....because they're "investing" in a car(#'s matching!) only because of the "value"..........not the love of the car!.............all you hear these type of people say is : it's #'s matching, it's worth______?................where as the cloner( who loves their car) usally states: yeah, it's a clone, but I built it because I've allways loved these kinda cars!.......that's the kinda person that has repect for themselves! not an artificial invested #'s matching respect! that's bought or sold!...............is your mopar truely worth less because the #'s don't match, or it was not born an R/T or a Daytona, or a hemi whatever!....if you answer ........yeah.........your in the wrong hobby................................or in the hobby for the wrong reasons!........................................well enough "venting"......It's just that I have more respect for the "cloner" they go "the distance" for passion,....not profit!, a clone is built, like respect.............not bought like a number!.................so .back to the subject at hand(post).....

Ghoste

Well, that explains your other post a lot better (to me at least).  I completely misread it thinking you were dissing anybody who didn't go out and spend every last cent they had on a rare and perfect car and then turn around and beat the thing into the ground.
My bad.

dayclona

Quote from: wingcars6970 on December 11, 2005, 12:24:41 AM
Not everybody has deep pockets .And or wants or can to spend X amount of $$$ on these.cars that are in a very limited number of supply Me and a friend in TX had done these cars for fun and not such much for profit in the mid 70-s.So building a replica or AKA clone is fine.But typicaly not every guy will go with the high ended parts from various wing supplying vendors.Some go there own way and make or retro fit parts .As in the vega window plug thats the newest thing.The guy near me has the $$ to buy 69 charger500/daytona trunk hinges .But made his own from seeing the ones on my daytona.If your resourcefull you can make do.In certain area of construction.He got a stinger front nose kit .That needed to be reworked and rengineered right out of the out of the box But taking that route allowed moneys to be spent on other items on the build up.Like on a solid casted aluminum wing.But as these cars are in such a limited number and in great demand .And low supply.Certain vendors enter this area only to captilize on this money making limited rising wingcar market.But if they cant sell enough units forhand,It doesnt pay even to tool up in some cases for a limited number of a certain part.So for example Mike and his business associate at 200 Sweet ave in pawtucket will have never generated enough$$$$$$ of these limited parts sales to ever buy the specialized window trim equipmentAnd in my opinion.Where as a devoted wing car guy like ted atleast makes a effort to get something outhere for example as to the remark made about plastic a pillars or rear window trim to the needing masses.!....................................how about fiberglass repro's with that shine'y silver tape put on it?........yeah!!!!!.....that way it matches those "fiberglass" A-pillar mouldings out of   teXas
.When nothing else was being made or available.Somewhere down the road there is going to be only some many real cars needing these parts from these$$ greed driven ego manic fabricators like Mike. Because they already go what they needed  from whats currently available.Or will there be enough salvagable clone donor chargers to become wingcars

Ohhh!.....................davey   wingnut69/70, you've had too much fiberglass resin again, those delusions are starting again!!!!!!just remember Ted(janak) created us "egotistical" vendors...............because of his false promises,years of waiting!...................and as far as the "shiney tape" thing, that's Ted's own words......sorry! do you doubt that :musik010: :nana: :callme: :moon: :horse: :nutkick: :oye: :smilielol:

mike G/ DAYCLONA

wingcars6970

So as Mike seems to believe we all have this much extra cash laying around to building a clone at will .How many clone daytonas on this charger board.Were built from using parts from them.

I held off commenting/ replying, so that I could give you an opinion from an owner's and "shop" perspective, from a owners veiw I believe in doing as much work as possible to defray the cost; I think one problem with us mopar owners is we have more than one project going on at the same time :yesnod:and we're trying to squeez the money between two or more cars! not counting just paying the daily bills of life,family,business, etc. etc. I think it's best to concentrate on one car at a time, devote the most your budget can handle to it , DO IT ONCE, DO IT RIGHT!,.......nothing sucks more than looking at your car 5-10 years later , saying to yourself , it needs new paint, or a fresh engine, or re-restoration!......face it , we're all getting older! how many times you want to keep working on the same car!

I'll brake down my last personal project, the green on green 1970 Daytona, also known now as the Walter Mellon "Watermellon" (see mopar collectors giude sept 2005 or DAYCLONA. com for pics) I had a pretty rusted hulk of a 70 charger, my friend pete(aka Chargervert) decided to save me the trouble of welding for the next two years! and donated a Texas rustfree shell ( or a roof and rear qtrs lol ) I allready had a few accumulated parts, but replacing everything , whether or not it was there! cost me  $30,000............major costs were 440/6pak.....$6000.........Keisler 5 spd.....$5000......legendary complete interior.......$2800......4 wheel disc brakes....$1200........$8000 year one ........for repro trim, nuts ,bolts, clips,....the "little" stuff that ADDS UP!......$3000 for paint/body supplies.........$1500 repo rallies/ polyglass........$2500-3000.... gas tank, radiator, suspendsion, exhaust, etc. etc..............fortunately, I make my own Daytona repros, otherwise add $12,000 in Daytona parts, then my total would be $42,000 plus.......and this is with several people (me ,Pam, Gary, Pete.......whom you all know) doing the work ourselves, and I mean every facet of the restoration is done "in house" no outside jobbers/vendors/shops..................Now from a "shop" perspective the LABOR COST ....to do a car like this encompasses the labor on the drivetrain, months of body/blocking/fabricating, interior work/assy. painting EVERYTHING not just the body.......and the biggest chore... assembly! all this would cost in the neighborhood of $60,000.+...................plus the cost of parts mentioned above!......so depending on what you can or cannot do or afford ,your cost will vary grealty!.....................................

Mike G./ Dayclona Enterprises

wingcars6970

Well I can say this for my texas friend .He never had resorted to using his lovely wife or daughter .In his advertising or promoting his products.For his business and own benefit.He didnt need to solicit them.To make a sale.And never had to use unprofessional business taticts as.Your own words here speak volumes here
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=pm All these replys by you will be made available to the entire mopar community and through out the internet

dayclona

Quote from: wingcars6970 on December 11, 2005, 01:40:28 AM
Well I can say this for my texas friend .He never had resorted to using his lovely wife or daughter .In his advertising or promoting his products.For his business and own benefit.He didnt need to solicit them.To make a sale

Well..................davey,aka wingnut, what set you off now! more of your slanderish, irate, confusing, boomhower rants?................hey wingnut,... ever hear the old saying, if you got it flaunt it!, if she's a dog, keep her in the house!.........by the way! :pity:.I heard your friends wife/daughter is a homebody! good for them!

wingcars6970

.And never had to use unprofessional business taticts as.Your own words here speak volumes here
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=pm All these replys by you will be made available to the entire mopar community and through out the internet

wingcars6970

I Dont know of any other vendors in business .That reply to the buying public in this form.Must be only you guys at dayclona.unless you have some similar ones from ted to his potential customers in this form.Very unprofessional
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=pm

dayclona

Quote from: wingcars6970 on December 11, 2005, 02:11:18 AM

.And never had to use unprofessional business taticts as.Your own words here speak volumes here

davey.....that's interesting :shruggy: :image_294343:................wingnut, it really is time for some medicine! you know what the doctors said!

dayclona

Quote from: wingcars6970 on December 11, 2005, 02:18:26 AM
I Dont know of any other vendors in business .That reply to the buying public in this form.Must be only you guys at dayclona.unless you have some similar ones from ted to his potential customers in this form.Very unprofessional
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=pm
?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?

?  ?  ?
I know this form of communication is alien to you davey,.........it's called a PM, a personal message; can you say that davey........p-e-r-s-o-n-a-l ? m-e-s-s-a-g-e,......it's what you do nowadays, when an other member PM's you, you PM them back....!!!!!.......and no I don't have any messages in this form from Ted, as he only likes his customers to spend hundreds of $$$ in collect calls to teXas to find out they're getting the run around of their life!....and no parts!........just send a couple bucks and a ?  ?s.a.s.e. ? to get a new yearly catalog!

DodgeCharger.com members, I applogize for wasting your time with this banter, but this is the only way davey/dopey knows how to communicate with me, although I find him humorous, I sure some of you don't! he'll go back to his hole at moparts shortly! ::)

hotrod98

All along, I've been the one that cheered Mike and crew for building better parts. I even contacted him a few months ago with money in hand to order parts. I was a little surprised when he told me that he wasn't going to build more parts until next year. I decided to wait and order the good stuff from Mike next May and forego the other vendor's parts that needed a lot of work. I was planning to buy the good front end stuff from Mike, use the wing that I bought from Dane, use the wing braces that I built and install my vega plug. Good plan I thought, but Mike goes and disses me. Now I don't have a back-up plan.
Anyone know where I can get some good superbird parts?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Ghoste

Well, as much as I enjoy every episode of "Daytona's Of Our Lives", I still just would like to have a photo of the Vega plug and real plug beside each other for comparisons sake.  Even if it is somewhat obvious. 
I'll have to make it a project to get a pic like that next season.

hotrod98

Ghoste,
This is the best that I can do.
The green car is the real deal.
The red one is the vega plug.

Charles Addams

hotrod98

Ghoste,
Thought you might be interested in this. It's a pic of one of Dane's cars showing the placement of the plug. You have to use a filler piece at the top and then make a lip for the trunk opening at the bottom.
Later,
larry

Charles Addams

Ghoste

Thanks guys, that does help.  At least we're talking about Daytona rear trim again.