News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Project '69 Engine & Keisler Auto/OD Trans Install: MORE PICS ADDED!

Started by bill440rt, October 20, 2009, 07:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darbgnik

Since this thread is alive again, how do you like the Keisler transmission. I know Silversport makes the kit now, but it should be similar.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

bill440rt

Quote from: Kern Dog on October 24, 2017, 01:51:02 AM
Holy crap....THis car is cleaner than I had imagined. I recall seeing it in one of the Mopar mags but they have so few pictures and the lighting wasn't great. VERY nice, sir!

The kind words are very much appreciated, Kern Dog!  :cheers:
Quite a few changes to the car as well since those pics were taken for Mopar Action several years ago (seats, billet hood/trunk hinges, additional Hotchkis suspension items, etc).

Quote from: darbgnik on October 26, 2017, 03:32:15 AM
Since this thread is alive again, how do you like the Keisler transmission. I know Silversport makes the kit now, but it should be similar.

The car has close to 3000 miles on it now. I really like the transmission A LOT. I own a few Chargers, this one is by far my favorite to drive in terms of handling, comfort, etc. The OD really helps on the highway, you would never know the car has 3:91 rear end gears in it. Zero vibrations, crisp shifts, etc. One little dimple in the floor & rolling the weld flange from the firewall to the floor pan is all it took.
The trans I have is the older style, in which you can program it with a laptop & stuff. It's kind of cumbersome & hard to use & setup. Since then Silversport has developed a better computer module that makes dialing it in easier (so I'm told). I may look into swapping that in, they told me it just entails the computer module itself, and a new harness that is supplied in the kit.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

darbgnik

Quote from: bill440rt on October 27, 2017, 08:04:44 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on October 24, 2017, 01:51:02 AM
Holy crap....THis car is cleaner than I had imagined. I recall seeing it in one of the Mopar mags but they have so few pictures and the lighting wasn't great. VERY nice, sir!

The kind words are very much appreciated, Kern Dog!  :cheers:
Quite a few changes to the car as well since those pics were taken for Mopar Action several years ago (seats, billet hood/trunk hinges, additional Hotchkis suspension items, etc).

Quote from: darbgnik on October 26, 2017, 03:32:15 AM

The car has close to 3000 miles on it now. I really like the transmission A LOT. I own a few Chargers, this one is by far my favorite to drive in terms of handling, comfort, etc. The OD really helps on the highway, you would never know the car has 3:91 rear end gears in it. Zero vibrations, crisp shifts, etc. One little dimple in the floor & rolling the weld flange from the firewall to the floor pan is all it took.
The trans I have is the older style, in which you can program it with a laptop & stuff. It's kind of cumbersome & hard to use & setup. Since then Silversport has developed a better computer module that makes dialing it in easier (so I'm told). I may look into swapping that in, they told me it just entails the computer module itself, and a new harness that is supplied in the kit.

Thanks for the reply! And nice color!

I'm going EFI in the spring, and right now I'm considering the Holley Terminator, over the Sniper, only because it will control a 4L60E or 4L80E. SO it could control the Silversport A41...... 2 separate systems would work too, but I do like the idea of one system. And yeah, Silversport uses EZ EFI's TCU which is self learning and has a hand held, or an option of a different controller that uses dials and switches.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html