News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whats the difference between 68 and 69 Charger fenders?

Started by jeryst, October 22, 2009, 06:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeryst

Could someone tell me, or show me the differences between 68 and 69 Charger front fenders?

Charger440RDN

I think the main difference is the 68 fender has a round signal light near the front and the 69 doesn't.

Winged 1

;)
That's it in a nut shell. Bolt for bolt they are the same except for the reflector cut outs.
Eric

69charger440

Well there is another difference the 68 was made before the 69's. :smilielol: I wanted to help :shruggy: :D
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Winged 1 on October 22, 2009, 07:01:12 PM
;)
That's it in a nut shell. Bolt for bolt they are the same except for the reflector cut outs.
Eric

That's not true.

The 69 fender has an extra part welded to it that bolts to the top of the radiator support, the same part holds the hood adjuster bumper stud. The 68 fender doesn't have that part as it is part of the structure.....If you are using a 69 fender on a 68 Charger you can simply remove that part ,but if you are going the other way you will need to weld it to the replacement 68 fender. And then swap out the s/m light openings for the proper year.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............