News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1976 Road Runner - What's it worth?

Started by buie1289, October 26, 2009, 07:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buie1289

Hey, I have an opportunity to buy 2 1976 Road Runners cheap. What are they going for these days. Both appear to be in good condition with no rust that I can see and are very complete.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Charger440RDN

They made a RoadRunner in 1976? The muscle era was long dead by then and the Charger was a bloated family coupe.

skip68

In 1976 the roadrunner was a trim package on a smaller car....the Plymouth Volare.    At least that's what I've read.  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Slowpoke

The 1976 Roadrunner was based on the Volare. While mostly an appearance package they could come with a 318 and manual transmiss on. I've always thought they would make a fun ride, not to expensive to play with and not too valuable to be afraid to drive.  :2thumbs:

The ones I have seen have been around the 3 to 5k price here.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

TheAutoArchaeologist

Wow....

The 76 Road Runner was an option on the Plymouth Volare from 1976-1980.  It was on the F-body platform.  It was just basically a sticker package.  It could be had with a 318 to 360.

Same as an Aspen R/T.

Ryan

The70RT

I had a 76 along time ago. The one in the above pic is missing the flairs and the spoilers. There was a member on here a couple years ago had a blue one that was real nice for like 3K. He changed his mind or I might have got it. Check this out:

http://www.performancegirls.com/THECARS/76PlymouthRoadRunner/tabid/117/Default.aspx

Did the Fury model have the Road Runner too? This may be a misprint.

http://public.fotki.com/mofobow/plymouth/road_runner_decals/7576_road_runner/
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lizey

the Roadrunner was an option on the Fury in '75 and starting in '76 to i think '80 it was on the Volare

id get it if its got a 4 speed  :Twocents:
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

maxwellwedge

Quote from: skip68 on October 26, 2009, 07:19:12 PM
What does a 76 RR look like ?    :shruggy:

To me, it was a very depressing time in automotive history - to see once proud, powerful cars giving their names to stickered-up, pollution packed smog motored boxes that did not make enough power to pull the skin off of rice pudding. But real muscle cars were cheap and un-wanted so that's what I was buying then. Sorry, I just really hated this era in auto history. Just my opinion.

The70RT

Here's one without the stripes. It has the louvered windows, spoilers and flairs.

The70RT

All Par shows the Fury body style runner was for 75 one year only option. Then theres this model and a like of the other 76.

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Overview-c9361-1976-Road-Runner.html

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Lizey on October 26, 2009, 09:04:07 PM
the Roadrunner was an option on the Fury in '75 and starting in '76 to i think '80 it was on the Volare

id get it if its got a 4 speed  :Twocents:

The 75 RR was the last RM vinned Road Runner. It was a stand alone model based on the return to B body Fury platform. The 318 was standard with 360 or 400 optional. I guess you could get a three on the tree with the 318 but most would have been automatics.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: The70RT on October 26, 2009, 08:39:04 PM
I had a 76 along time ago. The one in the above pic is missing the flairs and the spoilers.

From 76-80, the RR was an option package on the Volare models. Sadly it was N/A with /6 when introduced and by '80 the /6 was standard.

Any manual tranny car would be a 318 with four speed overdrive

I'm not sure but I don't think the optional Super Pack (louvers/flares) was available until 77.
The '77 listing below was typical of 77-79 models. There were color restrictions in some years.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

The70RT

69CoronetRT

Quote from: buie1289 on October 26, 2009, 07:08:43 PM
Hey, I have an opportunity to buy 2 1976 Road Runners cheap. What are they going for these days. Both appear to be in good condition with no rust that I can see and are very complete.

Back to the original question....

An F body with no rust???? Is it just off the car hauler?  :smilielol:

F bodies were notorious rust buckets. Check VERY carefully for rust before you buy.

Sadly, those years and models are not 'worth much'. Maybe 8-10K for a nicely optioned (360-Spitfire orange-louvers-etc) and solid car. $2-4K may be more typical depending on options, condition, etc.

nh_mopar_fan

I had a 77. Light blue, manual sunroof. 318.

It was a fun little car.

They were rust buckets.

Now, in 1978.....

loudmouthaussie

Quote from: maxwellwedge on October 26, 2009, 09:12:29 PM
Quote from: skip68 on October 26, 2009, 07:19:12 PM
What does a 76 RR look like ?    :shruggy:

To me, it was a very depressing time in automotive history - to see once proud, powerful cars giving their names to stickered-up, pollution packed smog motored boxes that did not make enough power to pull the skin off of rice pudding. But real muscle cars were cheap and un-wanted so that's what I was buying then. Sorry, I just really hated this era in auto history. Just my opinion.

but thats all changed now right?  ;) 4 door charger anyone?  :smilielol:
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

greenpigs

If you want to have something to play with I would do it. Now if the plan is to flip them let someone else loose money.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

BrianShaughnessy

F-body fans are few and far between.      I'm not one of them.   :Twocents:   

It would have to be super super clean for super super cheap for me to look at them.   :shruggy:   Good luck.    :angel:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Bob

There was one for sale here in southern Pa about 3 months ago, rough paint but solid car. Passed the state safety inspection. Went from $3400 down to $1200 and still could not sell it. I thought about buying it because it did look a little cool.

BIRD67

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

TruckDriver

Quote from: BIRD67 on October 27, 2009, 05:08:55 PM
I love the Mopar "F" bodies! Neat little cars! :yesnod:
http://www.benchmarkclassics.com/SoldCarDetails.asp?c=BenchMarkClassics&VIN=ROADRUNNER1977

I love F bodies. I have owned 6 of them in the past.

This car is super nice, but not perfect. You would think they would install a repo tuff wheel instead of painting the torn away areas. And the trim for the console is missing too. I also could of hid the lines for the tac and gauges better. ::) I'd still love to have it, but not for that price.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

stripedelete

The fenders should be in good shape.  Chrysler replaced them all in 80's.

Charger440RDN

I just never did like these cars at all   :puke:

The70RT

I would take one over a 4cyl  wannabe Charger.