News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

my talladega photos now on flickr with 70+ picked out in thread

Started by pettybird, November 03, 2009, 06:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcar

Great shots...thanks for giving a small taste of what it was like to be there.....and thanks for reminding me why I need to finish my Daytona Clone before next years meet.....
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

PocketThunder

What an awesome time!  :o   I wish i would have been better suited to going this year.  Some day i'll get there... :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 04, 2009, 09:24:59 AM
What an awesome time!  :o   I wish i would have been better suited to going this year.  Some day i'll get there... :yesnod:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: pettybird on November 03, 2009, 09:27:36 PM
Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on November 03, 2009, 07:15:16 PM
94 is the best you could do?

Great pics!

Thanks for sharing!

ha no--I picked that one because it had a higher average speed.  this one better?

The pictures are great!  Looks like a lot of fun!  Definately one for the memory books.   :coolgleamA:

104 is better.   :yesnod:

I was kinda hoping for something like this.     :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Quote from: FJ5WING on November 03, 2009, 08:40:32 PM
OUTSTANDING PICS!

Thank you for sharing. I love the red Grand National superbird pictured at the picnic.
what was the story about that car ,  I like it too  ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

maxwellwedge

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Dave Kanofsky

Last one, since Doug has the picture he was taking of me posted earlier, here's my shot of him...

69_500

Man Doug, you really should have not put the crappy picture of me up there. There was plenty of good looking cars to take pictures of yet you wasted memory space on your camera on a picture of me.

Looks like Mike A's basement has not changed much since the mid 1980's. Is that an air hockey table in the background? He had one in the basement in the 80's that I remember playing a ton, that at a video game but don't remember which one it was. I think it was either pac man or frogger.

hemi68charger

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on November 04, 2009, 08:34:39 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on November 04, 2009, 08:18:36 AM
Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on November 04, 2009, 07:51:08 AM
Excellent pictures Doug... gotta find a way to go in 5 years... with a wing car...  :brickwall:

Man, already ignoring that beautiful C500 of yours?.........  Bring it,,,,,,,   :2thumbs:

Hey, wait a minute... you traded your C500 and a Hemi Charger for a winger...  :icon_smile_wink:  :nana:

Wanna drive a 4 Speed B5 Blue C500 to the next Aero event?... lets work on a trade... Blue Thunder and another car(s) for your Daytona...  :D  :popcrn:

I didn't have the luxury of having both at one time... But, to answer your question....Blue T., your Daytona and/or Superbird.....  :icon_smile_big:

DB
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 04, 2009, 06:50:29 PM
Excellent pictures Doug... gotta find a way to go in 5 years... with a wing car...  :brickwall:

Man, already ignoring that beautiful C500 of yours?.........  Bring it,,,,,,,   :2thumbs:

Hey, wait a minute... you traded your C500 and a Hemi Charger for a winger...  :icon_smile_wink:  :nana:

Wanna drive a 4 Speed B5 Blue C500 to the next Aero event?... lets work on a trade... Blue Thunder and another car(s) for your Daytona...  :D  :popcrn:

I didn't have the luxury of having both at one time... But, to answer your question....Blue T., your Daytona and/or Superbird.....  :icon_smile_big:

DB

Is that an offer to trade your turn-key Daytona for two project cars... or all three project cars?  Remember, the Superbird is a 4 Speed car...

:popcrn:  :popcrn:  :popcrn:  :popcrn:  :popcrn:
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

hemi68charger

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on November 04, 2009, 07:21:23 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on November 04, 2009, 06:50:29 PM

DB

Is that an offer to trade your turn-key Daytona for two project cars... or all three project cars?  Remember, the Superbird is a 4 Speed car...

:popcrn:  :popcrn:  :popcrn:  :popcrn:  :popcrn:

If I did it, it would for the three.......  :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Awesome pics of what looked like an awesome time!

That Wellborn museum is, well, Im speachless :drool5:

Look at the parts!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

The parts department in the Welbourne's museum was incredible. If I had a 71 car I would have been in heaven, then again just seeing all the Aero cars in one place was pretty cool as well.

WINGR

Thanks so much Doug for sharing your great photos. You and your camera take some great pics. It was so awesome seeing you all there, too bad we have to wait another five years for the next one. As cool as all the car stuff is, the best part is getting to see many of our friends and enjoying this great event together.

WINGR/Steve

pettybird

It was good to see everyone--

we'll have to coordinate who's going where next year.  maybe Marty will once again venture into the great lakes state...

and lean on Danny there for the pics--not only is his equipment better than mine he's a LOT better versed in using it.  post up!

NYCMille

WOW! Seriously awesome photos! It looked like it was a great time man...  :2thumbs:

pettybird

Quote from: NYCMille on November 06, 2009, 10:09:29 AM
WOW! Seriously awesome photos! It looked like it was a great time man...  :2thumbs:

it was!  you should have been there!

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: NYCMille on November 06, 2009, 10:09:29 AM
WOW! Seriously awesome photos! It looked like it was a great time man...  :2thumbs:

You should have taken Angrier.

I'm sure everyone would have really gotten a kick out of seeing it there.

Figured you could have done some reporting action durring the event.
Or are you at SEMA?

69_500

Quote from: pettybird on November 05, 2009, 10:42:40 PM

we'll have to coordinate who's going where next year.  maybe Marty will once again venture into the great lakes state...

and lean on Danny there for the pics--not only is his equipment better than mine he's a LOT better versed in using it.  post up!

It just takes so darn long to resize them down to 200K when they are 23Megs per photo. I'll try to sort through them and post some that aren't a similar angle to what has already been posted.

maxwellwedge

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on November 06, 2009, 04:51:56 PM
Quote from: pettybird on November 05, 2009, 10:42:40 PM

It just takes so darn long to resize them down to 200K when they are 23Megs per photo. I'll try to sort through them and post some that aren't a similar angle to what has already been posted.

Ain't that the truth.. There has to be some form of mass-scaling capability for all files in a directory....

Troy
Troy

69_500

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 06, 2009, 07:03:35 PM
23 megs -AKA 5 day download using dial-up   :o    ;D

Yeah and the other thing is if I put them on a DVD it would be on 5 disc. So that doesn't really work either unless one has a blue ray reader then I could burn a blue ray disc for them.

pettybird

Quote from: 69_500 on November 07, 2009, 08:35:55 AM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 06, 2009, 07:03:35 PM
23 megs -AKA 5 day download using dial-up   :o    ;D

Yeah and the other thing is if I put them on a DVD it would be on 5 disc. So that doesn't really work either unless one has a blue ray reader then I could burn a blue ray disc for them.

those are temptingly cheap...the media's still expensive, though.