News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger rear panel black paint???

Started by 1st_charger, November 08, 2009, 07:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1st_charger

What is the correct black paint to use on the rear tail light panel on a 69 charger! and where is a good place to get it?

TexasStroker

Organosol black...Roger Gibson.

I had a thread awhile back where I shot the tail panel (didn't go full on resto) but it had several links and the Tech service bulletin with the spray area and directions for factory touchup type work.

Totally Auto also has some in a spray can.

There have been quite a few threads debating which finish is best, if either.  Really isn't a consensus as it ultimately comes down to what you prefer.  This is one of those things that shouldn't be a big deal, but some will knit-pick your gloss or texture on the tail panel, while the next guy will swear it is "just like original." 

Pick your poision  :lol:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Mike DC

The factory was trying to make it the flattest black finish as possible.  Modern restorers like us debate the ins & outs of recreating the original finish as it happened to look in person at the dealership, but that's the raw idea. 

Imagine flat black paint that has been sprayed through a paint gun at a little under the correct air pressure.  Flat black paint with an even more roughened texture by the spray job.