News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 hemi 500 - 181 miles???

Started by Pistolpete, November 30, 2005, 01:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistolpete

Is this for real or even possible ??

**Link Removed**

sounds a little fishy that the engines been rebuilt and the paint has been redone on a 181 mile survivor.

unbelievable ??
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger Aficionado

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Old Moparz

I like that car & color combo.

For one of those flush grille things  :D
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

73rallye440magnum

Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

69_500

Definately possible. Definately the real deal. A gorgeous car, does look better in person than those pictures. Absolutely stunning car. In my opinion it is one of  the nicest 500's around.

OldGuy

Exhaust system isn't original.   H-pipes didn't exist back then as far as I know.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: 69_500 on November 30, 2005, 02:42:49 PM
Definately possible. Definately the real deal. A gorgeous car, does look better in person than those pictures. Absolutely stunning car. In my opinion it is one of the nicest 500's around.
Nicest price I'm sure too  :) 

DC_1

well if my lotto numbers come in it will be mine!!!!!!.......if they don't.........back to the heap.....errrr.....i mean restoration project in the garage

THE CHARGER PUNK

thats bullshit when a car finally makes it to the dealership its suppose to go to to be sold it has around 100 odd miles give or take a few. the lowest mile hemi charger 500 already was found and it is a survivor(check the back issues of mopar action or muscle)
and that car was drag racedonly for one year and it had 400 miles. no car from a  dealership starts off with zero miles on the odometer.cuz it would take some 2 get there.(and its also a restored car why restore it if it only has 180 miles on it???someone just tuned the odometer back during the resto and since it can be proved then it proabably aint real(sorry 4 being so long winded) my 2 bits :D-MATT

Schuler

I've seen cars w/ 0 miles at dealerships.
-Zach Schuler
1969 Charger RT/SE 14.091 @ 98.25 (spinning)
1997 Cherokee Sport 4x4 16.057 @ 84
1956 D-100 Pickup
http://www.cardomain.com/id/schuler

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Schuler on November 30, 2005, 09:25:08 PM
I've seen cars w/ 0 miles at dealerships.
I agree...  I used to work for Dodge, and 2-13mi was the average...

694spdRT

:iagree:

They don't usually drive new cars to the dealerships from the factory. They are transported by truck...notice the destination charge on the window sticker. When I picked up my ordered truck in 2001 it had less than 1 mile on it due to loading and unloading. Even with test drives 20-30 miles is the most I have seen on new car unless they are dealer to dealer trades.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

HeavyFuel

Quote from: OldGuy on November 30, 2005, 04:57:24 PM
Exhuast system isn't original.   H-pipes didn't exist back then as far as I know.

As far as you know?  I suggest a little more research....

Troy

Quote from: F8 69 CHARGER PUNK on November 30, 2005, 08:41:22 PM
thats bullshit when a car finally makes it to the dealership its suppose to go to to be sold it has around 100 odd miles give or take a few. the lowest mile hemi charger 500 already was found and it is a survivor(check the back issues of mopar action or muscle)
and that car was drag racedonly for one year and it had 400 miles. no car from a dealership starts off with zero miles on the odometer.cuz it would take some 2 get there.(and its also a restored car why restore it if it only has 180 miles on it???someone just tuned the odometer back during the resto and since it can be proved then it proabably aint real(sorry 4 being so long winded) my 2 bits :D-MATT
Ok, next time I need to make a big purchase I'll ask you first and then do the opposite. You blew it on the "clone" Daytona race car too (uh, who's Cotton Owens?) so why bother posting about what you don't really know? You call everyone else's car a fake yet I bet you still don't know how much HP your dad's car puts out (even though you make some great claims). There must be a Stupid Post competition that no one told me about.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

JimShine

Quote from: OldGuy on November 30, 2005, 04:57:24 PM
Exhaust system isn't original.   H-pipes didn't exist back then as far as I know.

1969 Dodge Charger/Coronet/Dart service manual

Dans 68

Wow. And it's not even a 4-speed.... Hmm, assumming a 5K initial cost, and 36 years in storage, and at a return of 12% this "new" car IS worth about $300,000. Pretty good deal overall.   :-\

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Ghoste

How do they know it was the last one?  I thought they just kind of randomly pulled cars off the line, sent them to Creative for the 500 package and shipped them from there?  If they don't even know how many were built with absolute certainty and the broadcast sheets are all mixed up in them, how are they determining the build order?

Andrew

Even if I was a millionaire, I probibly wouldnt want to spend that much on something which is basically a trailer queen.

Shakey

Quote from: 73SEDan400 on December 01, 2005, 12:49:19 AM
Wow. And it's not even a 4-speed.... Hmm, assumming a 5K initial cost, and 36 years in storage, and at a return of 12% this "new" car IS worth about $300,000. Pretty good deal overall.   :-\

Dan

Not if you want to buy it!  :icon_smile_big:

OldGuy

I stand corrected - H-pipes were put on the 440 & 426 Hemi.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

Pistolpete

I want to believe it, I just dont understand why te resto if its a survivor? aren't they worth more untouched?? maybe a buff and shine from a high end detailer but I just dont get the resto???
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Pistolpete on December 01, 2005, 01:14:53 PM
I want to believe it, I just dont understand why te resto if its a survivor? aren't they worth more untouched?? maybe a buff and shine from a high end detailer but I just dont get the resto???
Most of the pics of low mileage "survivor" I've seen, everything under the hood is all faded, dried out & surface rusted...not very appealing to the eye. I'm assuming this car was the same way before they got to it.

The only problem is that once they re-touch everything back up, the car no longer holds it's "survivor" status, IMO. It's only original once, after that, it's just well maintained.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Pistolpete

QuoteMost of the pics of low mileage "survivor" I've seen, everything under the hood is all faded, dried out & surface rusted...not very appealing to the eye. I'm assuming this car was the same way before they got to it.

The only problem is that once they re-touch everything back up, the car no longer holds it's "survivor" status, IMO. It's only original once, after that, it's just well maintained

:iagree:

Although it is amazing even it has been re-touched
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd