News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 hemi 500 - 181 miles???

Started by Pistolpete, November 30, 2005, 01:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

From what I was just told you nailed it right on the head there Gene. They switched the car to manual brakes to race it. The car was a 4.10 dana car, and the motor was blown drag racing. The engine was resleeved and repaired.

Ghoste

For that matter, do you know it was the original engine they raced?  They jsut may have had a race ready mill to drop in and that was the one that blew????

Pistolpete

ummmm......anyone notice that its been pulled from ebay???    hhmmmmm........ :scratchchin:
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

69_500

Yeah it was the origional engine that was raced. But then I guess it has been resleeved and is repaired now.

hadn't noticed it being pulled from ebay. Just relisted with a new buy it now of $375K.

Ghoste

And it isn't even January yet.  Say, wouldn't it be interesting if B-J turned out to be a buyers market and diamond encrusted platinum wrapped solid gold Hemi cars weren't selling?????
Just musing, not offering a crystal ball prediction btw.

69_500

That would be a pretty funny thing.

OH this is also off topic, but did anyone else notice that a HEMI Daytona sold for $600K? It was listed in Hemmings Classic Car magazine in the back where they break down past auctions.

wingcars6970

More info on this 500 .I hear from friends the block is a restamped vin

**Link Removed**

wingcars6970

Ghoste

So with all the rumors about restamped blocks and repaints and so forth, how about a show of hands from the people who think this is a legit 375k car?
Which of course, doesn't mean that some blue chip investor with clean fingernails won't step up and take the hit on this car.  I'm just wondering how many think it's a safe buy at that number.

69_500

Well I'll put it this way. A year and a half ago this car came up for sale for a reported $85K at the time. I had a buddy who was very interested in the car. I looked it over and checked some stuff out, (at that time I had forgot about the older pics) but something just didn't seem right. I didn't like the fact it had rocker moldings on it when it wasn't supposed to. The repaint looks great but isn't really a concourse style of paint. And to me it being a granny shift HEMI car downgrades it a bit. But the buddy seat to me is a plus. I prefer a buddy seat with a 4 speed but that is just me. Long story short I told my buddy to pass on the car at $85K told him there were better deals out there. He has since got a few wing cars, but none are hemi cars. I think he should have picked it up then for $85K now that I think about it, but at the time $85K was high for a HEMI 500.

So no I don't think it will fetch $375K. I thought it had maxed out pretty much around the $200K mark. Yeah its a great looking car, but you can't drive it, and being that you can't drive it, its not concourse either. Its a great looking car, but overdone.

Charger_Fan

In that case, it sounds like it should be in about the same arena as this silver one.
Although the silver one isn't an original HEMI car & wouldn't be worth as much as such, the black one isn't really original anymore either, with a non #'s engine, extra moulding & a non-concours paint job.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

Is that the Silver 500 that was just up on ebay about a month ago?

The one that was origionally white, but now is silver, and has a HEMI transplanted in it?

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 69_500 on December 08, 2005, 04:54:28 PM
Is that the Silver 500 that was just up on ebay about a month ago?

The one that was origionally white, but now is silver, and has a HEMI transplanted in it?
Yep. :yesnod:

69_500

Does anyone recall if it is a 4 speed or an auto?

Blown70

it was on there earlier today IIRC

Tom

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 69_500 on December 08, 2005, 05:11:38 PM
Does anyone recall if it is a 4 speed or an auto?
Auto. Love the exhaust, BTW.
These are the last two I've got of it, I promise. :icon_smile_big:

hemigeno

Danny, is the silver/white car one of the factory A/C C500's, or do you know if that firewall has been swapped out?

Ghoste

And why would you promise not to put up more pics of the car?  It's worth seeing.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ghoste on December 08, 2005, 05:50:13 PM
And why would you promise not to put up more pics of the car?   It's worth seeing.
'Cause I only have those four. :)

I was just laughing to myself when I said that, because I kept answering his questions with pictures.  :lol:

69_500

I think they said that the car was a factory A/C Charger 500 , but I'd have to look back at the information. I wrote it down in my book, but I'll look it up tomorrow.

69_500

OKay since I just noticed I was getting close to 1,000 post I figured I'd stick it out for a little longer and make sure to post #1,000 in a thread about 500's.

So Gene, here is what I was told about the Silver 500. It was a factory W1 white car, with black interior, AT, and yes A/C. Then I have also been told that the car had the V1X option as well, making it yet anothe vinyl top car.

Does anyone know if this car sold, or if it is still owned by the people who advertised it?

Charger_Fan

69_500

Yeah that thread made me remember PocketThunder talking about knowing of another project R4 500 that someone was going to fix up some before selling. HEY POCKET do you have any more information on that car?

69_500

Update to the Silver 500 that we were talking about. Anyone else see it in this months issue of Mopar Muscle?

Seems he should have waited a month to put it up for sale. Love that Y2 yellow HEMI 500 in that article too. Saw it 2 years ago at the Mopar nationals, and loved it then too.