News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Last Superbird Built?

Started by hotrod98, November 21, 2009, 10:52:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Aero426

I have always liked that car.   It has a nice old look to it with lots of original paint.   The original owners son was a DSAC member a few years ago, so the sellers story seems to match.    I don't know how much of a premium you place on the last one, or one of the last ones.  To me, that is not particularly important.   The positives to me are are Limelight, 4 speed, unrestored and a documented history to day one.

hotrod98

I like the coolant overflow bottle. Is that an original item? Looks totally factory.
Also, what is the part to the right of the master cylinder. Is that part of the cruise control?

Charles Addams

pettybird

I love it. 

the pinstripes are awesome, the 3D graphics are awesome and it's all documented back to day one.  I'd crank up the A/C, stick a CD player where the 8 track is and it would be my road trip car!

FJ5WING

I have the build date from the data sticker in the jamb but how do i determine the specific day? is it on the build sheet? I have that too.
wingless now, but still around.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Alaskan_TA

What is that page from? The AAR / TA info is not right.  ;)

A383Wing

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 21, 2009, 11:30:22 AM
I like the coolant overflow bottle. Is that an original item? Looks totally factory.
Also, what is the part to the right of the master cylinder. Is that part of the cruise control?

Looks like the item to the right of the master cyl is one of those 12v lights that pulls out....that was quite common on GM cars to see that under the hoods

Now I have a question: Looks like the "SUPERBIRD" decals on the rear quarters are black & white....I assume that's not "Factory"....but I do like it.

Bryan

nascarxx29

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on November 21, 2009, 05:04:51 PM

I got it from a friend in the 80-s.

472 R/T SE

Wow.  My buddy told me about this car.  He knows who bought it.  It's supposed to be just flat loaded up with paperwork.  He was told the most documented Bird in existence.  

I wonder if the kid knew the buyer was gonna turn around & flip it w/in 3 months.  I knew Galen was coming to town as they asked if I wanted to do an inspection on my Challenger.  The $800 was more than I wanted to spend.

I just called my buddy & mentioned I'd love to take a bunch of pix of it before it sold since someone will prolly restore it.  He said it could be arranged no problem,  :think:  Original paint except one fender & part of a door.

69bronzeT5

I'm really liking that 'Bird. Slots, hood decals and all....there's just something about that car :drool5:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

pettybird

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on November 21, 2009, 05:04:51 PM

Random AAR/TA question:  Should the center carb bowl vent be open or have a hose running across the valve cover?  The place I'm working part time www.rhcollectibles.com has a pair of 49 state cars that both have bowl vents.  The carbs are the right numbers but that doesn't mean the bowls are original...

Alaskan_TA

Open. Valve cover breather should have one nipple that goes to the air cleaner base.

N95 cars used a three nipple breather, one ran to the bowl vent.

Beep Beep Dave

I seen that one too. What a cool looking ride. I really like it just the way it is.
It would be nice to see in person to see how well all the paintwork matches up.
I would really care about the last Superbird claim either, I just dig the car :2thumbs:
Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

62 Max

Quote from: A383Wing on November 21, 2009, 05:07:01 PM

Looks like the item to the right of the master cyl is one of those 12v lights that pulls out....that was quite common on GM cars to see that under the hoods

Now I have a question: Looks like the "SUPERBIRD" decals on the rear quarters are black & white....I assume that's not "Factory"....but I do like it.

Bryan

The wing decals and quarter panel lettering should both be black .

69_500

Quote from: 62 Max on November 22, 2009, 11:27:57 AM

Bryan

Not always. There are plenty of factory Limelight Birds with white lettering on them from the factory.

62 Max

Quote from: 69_500 on November 22, 2009, 01:08:02 PM
Quote from: 62 Max on November 22, 2009, 11:27:57 AM

Bryan

Not always. There are plenty of factory Limelight Birds with white lettering on them from the factory.

69_500

There is a whole batch of known cars that are limelight with white lettering. One of which is owned by Rick Edwards who bought the car brand new. Another is owned by the malcom's.

Just wanted to make an observation. I don't pay as much attention to the Superbirds as I do the Daytona's or 500's but I do notice oddities on them. I believe that is the same paper that mentions the color choices on the Superbirds as well right? And it doesn't list the FK5 color which there were cars built in as well. Seems that with Mopar there is almost always an exception to every one of  their rules that they took the time to write down.

A383Wing

What I meant was that it looks like there are both black and white on the car....like a stand out....I assume this was done aftermarket?

62 Max

Quote from: 69_500 on November 22, 2009, 02:01:19 PM
There is a whole batch of known cars that are limelight with white lettering. One of which is owned by Rick Edwards who bought the car brand new. Another is owned by the malcom's.

Just wanted to make an observation. I don't pay as much attention to the Superbirds as I do the Daytona's or 500's but I do notice oddities on them. I believe that is the same paper that mentions the color choices on the Superbirds as well right? And it doesn't list the FK5 color which there were cars built in as well. Seems that with Mopar there is almost always an exception to every one of  their rules that they took the time to write down.

As far as saying that a car is 100% original,I take that with a grain of salt.I've seen many that were supposedly untouched originals,some were,most were not including one of Malcomb's that was at the Nationals that had paint work a novice could have pointed out.Believe what you want. :Twocents:

69_500

Quote from: 62 Max on November 22, 2009, 04:36:42 PM

Just wanted to make an observation. I don't pay as much attention to the Superbirds as I do the Daytona's or 500's but I do notice oddities on them. I believe that is the same paper that mentions the color choices on the Superbirds as well right? And it doesn't list the FK5 color which there were cars built in as well. Seems that with Mopar there is almost always an exception to every one of  their rules that they took the time to write down.

As far as saying that a car is 100% original,I take that with a grain of salt.I've seen many that were supposedly untouched originals,some were most were not including one of Malcomb's that was at the Nationals that had paint work a novice could have pointed out.Believe what you want. :Twocents:

I will agree that there are several of the cars in the survivor tents at shows that have had paint and body work done to them over the years. As far as Rick's car is concerned I'll let him chime in on that one but it has the white lettering on it and the car has only had small paint work done on it.

talkiemopar

O.K.  Danny,
My Bird has original paint and dirt except for lower quarters that were done 30 yrs. back.
serial # on my bird is RM23VOA179713.  As you know mine has white lettering and white decal from factory. Jim Walton had #179712 Limegreen with white lettering and decal. Bob Malcoms #179711 Limegreen with 8000 mi. also has white lettering. #179714 spent some time with a guy in Australia and again Limegreen with white.
Rick and the secretary

talkiemopar

Hmmm getting in on this discussion a little late.  Regarding the last one built it looks like the mount for the over flow looks kinda factory but mind doesn't have holes drilled  thru the radiator core support and antifreeze decal. See now you have Sherry interferring with our conversation.  Once she starts typing not like me who can't stop  :blahblah: :blahblah: :chatting: :soapbox: :puke:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on November 22, 2009, 01:34:45 AM
Open. Valve cover breather should have one nipple that goes to the air cleaner base.

N95 cars used a three nipple breather, one ran to the bowl vent.

I agree - Single Nipple breather (he said nipple  :D  ) on non N95 - 3 on those.
Which would be with the round flap type bowl valve vent - not the tube. I have seen a few two nipple cars with bowl vent hoses - they were 440-6's though...probably some engineering or AMA info on what States required this combo. Funny - the 70 FSM shows that pic.

I also agree some stuff on the other site mentioned is wrong and I nicely told him years ago....to no avail.

hotrod98

I wonder if the overflow reservoir is off of a c-body or off of a later year car. Or, it may have been a parts department option. Either way, I would love to have one for my car even if it wasn't original to the car. I hate those cheesy parts store overflow reservoirs that are available nowadays.
Note to self...I must be getting old when I'm more concerned about how an overflow reservoir looks than how fast the car might be.

Charles Addams

pettybird

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 22, 2009, 09:28:02 PM
I wonder if the overflow reservoir is off of a c-body or off of a later year car. Or, it may have been a parts department option. Either way, I would love to have one for my car even if it wasn't original to the car. I hate those cheesy parts store overflow reservoirs that are available nowadays.
Note to self...I must be getting old when I'm more concerned about how an overflow reservoir looks than how fast the car might be.

well, sir, you'll be pleased as punch to see just how much crap you can store in the nose off to the side of the latch tray.  it's a perfect place for bottles like that, or, as I used to do, a couple quarts of oil, a couple quarts of transmission fluid, a couple funnels and a gallon of antifreeze.  people used to be kind and let me know stuff had 'fallen' in, and were pretty shocked when I told them it was all there on purpose  :lol:

hotrod98

Charles Addams

tan top

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 21, 2009, 07:44:22 PM
I'm really liking that 'Bird. Slots, hood decals and all....there's just something about that car :drool5:

:yesnod: yeah me too  :drool5: 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

talkiemopar

I run a mopar antifreeze jug in the nose next to the latch tray on the driver side. I drilled a hole in the lid undersize, so my overflow hose will squeeze in and not fall out. Jug will not fall over or loose any antifreeze It has worked for 30 plus years :Twocents: :2thumbs:     Rick.

moparstuart

Just wanted to make an observation. I don't pay as much attention to the Superbirds as I do the Daytona's or 500's but I do notice oddities on them. I believe that is the same paper that mentions the color choices on the Superbirds as well right? And it doesn't list the FK5 color which there were cars built in as well. Seems that with Mopar there is almost always an exception to every one of  their rules that they took the time to write down.

As far as saying that a car is 100% original,I take that with a grain of salt.I've seen many that were supposedly untouched originals,some were,most were not including one of Malcomb's that was at the Nationals that had paint work a novice could have pointed out.Believe what you want. :Twocents:
this car is still ownered  by the  original owner and had white decals from day  one   :Twocents:  talkie  LOL
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

Quote from: talkiemopar on November 23, 2009, 09:58:45 AM
I run a mopar antifreeze jug in the nose next to the latch tray on the driver side. I drilled a hole in the lid undersize, so my overflow hose will squeeze in and not fall out. Jug will not fall over or loose any antifreeze It has worked for 30 plus years :Twocents: :2thumbs:     Rick.

I'll try something like that.

Charles Addams

62 Max

Quote from: moparstuart on November 23, 2009, 10:06:31 AM

this car is still ownered  by the  original owner and had white decals from day  one   :Twocents:  talkie  LOL

And black painted grille frame ,screen and parking light frames. :icon_smile_big:

daytonakid

I have looked at this car. The hood lettering is hand painted the highlights on the qtr lettering are also hand painted. The nose has been repainted and the black decal area has been removed and sprayed with what looks like black undercoat. Car is really solid. No rust other than under the vinyl top. The original owner installed GTX aluminum wood grain panels on the doors and the back metal panels in the rear. He also install some kind of pull straps on the front door panels. The original trunk mat is perfect. He had a custom carpet made to cover the trunk mat. The pin stripes are also hand painted. The original black plastic wheel is in a box and absolutely perfect.
Owner East Portland Auto Body www.eastportlandautobody.com

472 R/T SE

Hey Bill.  Yeah Tom said you talked about possibly buying it before it hit ebay.  How cool would that have been?  A matching pair.  ;)

superbirdtom

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 23, 2009, 10:55:47 AM

hey Larry  I already have an overflow bottle mounted where the battery was I just never sent you a pic of it . it just needs a new cap and hose setup.

hotrod98

Quote from: superbirdtom on November 24, 2009, 02:37:50 AM
Quote from: hotrod98 on November 23, 2009, 10:55:47 AM

hey Larry  I already have an overflow bottle mounted where the battery was I just never sent you a pic of it . it just needs a new cap and hose setup.

I plan to take the battery out of the trunk and put it back where it belongs so that reservoir would have to be moved.

Charles Addams

superbirdtom

When I bought the car from Radke  I asked him why someone would want to put the battery in the trunk. and he sais it was because thats the way the Nascars were and the previous owner just wanted to immitate them.   

Then I asked him the technical question of  why the trunk for nascar battery,   Radke said  it was for weight distribution  because of the direction they ran on the high banked ovals it was a better place.  and then something about crashes and battery acid in the eyes. but I could be wrong.

Aero426

Quote from: superbirdtom on November 24, 2009, 01:25:18 PM
When I bought the car from Radke  I asked him why someone would want to put the battery in the trunk. and he sais it was because thats the way the Nascars were and the previous owner just wanted to immitate them.  

Then I asked him the technical question of  why the trunk for nascar battery,   Radke said  it was for weight distribution  because of the direction they ran on the high banked ovals it was a better place.  and then something about crashes and battery acid in the eyes. but I could be wrong.

The Mopar Grand National cars built by Nichels had a provision for the battery in the lower left cowl area directly behind the left front wheel.   The rule book at the time states that the battery had to be in the engine compartment.  So that location was the best place to fit the maxim of weight distribution which is "low, left and rearward".

The #7 Superbird has the left front battery tray, but the actual battery is now mounted in the trunk.  Apparently when it ran later on in USAC you could do that.    I don't have a rule book to confirm.

hotrod98

The "battery in the trunk" is more of a drag racing thing. We have two batteries in the right rear area of the storage compartment in our Super Comp '95 Firebird.

Charles Addams

Hemi_tyme

moparstuart

wow very cool car but never thought it would sell for that much in this market , I hope they dont change the paint .

Beep Beep Dave

WOW that is pretty strong money for the car...well in my opinion anyway.
Very cool car, I am sure the buyer and seller are happy :2thumbs:

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

hotrod98

What other market is there where you can almost triple your investment?

Charles Addams

62 Max

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 28, 2009, 09:07:56 PM

GUNS ! :icon_smile_big:

UFO

FJ5WING

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 28, 2009, 09:07:56 PM

you can only multiply your investment if you decide to sell.

I got into my bird for just under 10K a long time ago, I almost dipped my toes in the cashing out sector but decided to restore instead. Now after all the work I dont think I could sell........ :scratchchin: Of course if the right offer came along. :D
wingless now, but still around.

62 Max

Have less than 10K in the orange one,that includes price I paid for it in 1982 including  restoration.Does not include my time.Even if what could be considered the right offer came along,(and it has more than once) it still is not for sale. ::)

68X426

:shruggy: I don't follow bids on e-bay or sell anything, so someone please help me to know about this.

The bidding on The Last Superbird was in the 90s, then went from 95k to the Buy It Now at 167k. I don't understand, being an amatuer. There were no bids for over the final 9 hours and then went from 95k to 167k.

What am I missing? Did it actually sell or will we see it for sale again in 2 weeks?

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

nascarxx29

Its bid history
This item has ended.
User ID Bid Amount Bid Time 

n***r( 94)     US $167,500.00 Nov-27-09 18:21:32 PST 

1***0( 49)     US $95,000.07 Nov-27-09 08:35:21 PST 

n***r( 94)     US $95,000.00 Nov-27-09 04:23:53 PST 

1***0( 49)     US $94,444.07 Nov-27-09 08:34:59 PST 

1***0( 49)     US $93,555.07 Nov-27-09 08:34:42 PST 

1***0( 49)     US $93,333.07 Nov-27-09 08:34:22 PST 

1***0( 49)     US $93,111.07 Nov-27-09 08:34:03 PST 

1***0( 49)     US $92,888.07 Nov-27-09 08:33:47 PST 

1***0( 49)     US $92,666.07 Nov-27-09 08:33:31 PST 

1***0( 49)     US $92,444.07 Nov-27-09 08:33:14 PST 

1***0( 49)     US $92,222.07 Nov-27-09 08:32:56 PST 

i***c( 48)     US $92,000.00 Nov-26-09 18:56:26 PST 

n***r( 94)     US $90,000.00 Nov-25-09 15:58:06 PST 

n***5( 78)     US $89,000.00 Nov-25-09 08:57:46 PST 

n***5( 78)     US $88,000.00 Nov-25-09 08:57:34 PST 

n***5( 78)     US $87,000.00 Nov-25-09 08:57:22 PST 

n***5( 78)     US $86,000.00 Nov-25-09 08:57:07 PST 

c***g( 37)     US $85,100.00 Nov-23-09 08:25:18 PST 

n***5( 78)     US $85,000.00 Nov-25-09 08:56:55 PST 

n***5( 78)     US $83,000.00 Nov-25-09 08:56:41 PST 

n***5( 78)     US $82,000.00 Nov-25-09 08:56:10 PST 

2***2( 240)     US $80,327.00 Nov-23-09 11:02:14 PST 

o***e( 108)     US $80,000.00 Nov-21-09 15:15:50 PST 

y***t( 1039)     US $75,000.00 Nov-20-09 21:26:43 PST 

o***e( 108)     US $69,999.00 Nov-20-09 15:28:44 PST 

2***2( 240)     US $60,327.00 Nov-20-09 18:15:27 PST 

c***g( 37)     US $60,000.00 Nov-20-09 15:46:20 PST 

c***g( 37)     US $50,000.00 Nov-20-09 15:45:30 PST 

c***g( 37)     US $40,000.00 Nov-20-09 15:44:45 PST 

t***a( 165)     US $30,000.00 Nov-20-09 14:45:17 PST 

Starting Price US $20,000.00 Nov-20-09 13:00:12 PST

6bblgt

Was there a "Buy it Now" at the beginning or was it added to end the auction?

dudedart

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 21, 2009, 10:52:51 AM
This Superbird is being called the last Superbird built. Anyone know if this is correct?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120495887096&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123

well i have my doughts this car is the last one built for usa or export, i will explain.  chrysler had to build 1 car for each 2 dealers in 1970, this number would deliever 1920 cars made. we all know this isnt the correct number, due to facts. the car claiming to be the last has a build J number of 1934 cars. this means at least that many was built. however it is number 1921 on goviers list and hes claiming its the last one, what about the 13 number diff ? what about the 2 cars known to be exported to canada? what about the 75 cars total exported ? what about the bodys that were given to racers ? known then only 40% of the around 1900-2000 cars have actually been registered, of this 40% known this car is the latest known vin. so that leave 60% of the vin to be 100% verified, a later number will come foward in that 60%. last but not least this car was built on dec 15. at the conversion factory there was additional 50 new cars shipped on the 16th, and took 3 additional days to convert and ship out. a later number will show up.

moparstuart

Quote from: dudedart on April 23, 2012, 02:58:40 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on November 21, 2009, 10:52:51 AM
This Superbird is being called the last Superbird built. Anyone know if this is correct?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120495887096&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123

well i have my doughts this car is the last one built for usa or export, i will explain.  chrysler had to build 1 car for each 2 dealers in 1970, this number would deliever 1920 cars made. we all know this isnt the correct number, due to facts. the car claiming to be the last has a build J number of 1934 cars. this means at least that many was built. however it is number 1921 on goviers list and hes claiming its the last one, what about the 13 number diff ? what about the 2 cars known to be exported to canada? what about the 75 cars total exported ? what about the bodys that were given to racers ? known then only 40% of the around 1900-2000 cars have actually been registered, of this 40% known this car is the latest known vin. so that leave 60% of the vin to be 100% verified, a later number will come foward in that 60%. last but not least this car was built on dec 15. at the conversion factory there was additional 50 new cars shipped on the 16th, and took 3 additional days to convert and ship out. a later number will show up.
On the TV show    
American Icon on Velocity   A  Superbird was on there on the aero cars special , they has a white one from california  stating it was the last one built  ..  Everyone has the last one   :D :D :D

Golden-Arm

the "last one" built is rather subjective. plymouth sent cars out in batches to clairepoint, and they were assembled/finished, in random order. so while you might technically be able to point to the car with the highest vin (or, the "last one built) it's not going to be the last one done, at clairepoint. the superbird list shows the difference between built by plymouth dates, and the way the batches were delivered for final conversion. some cars have even been shown in batches, as being finished, ready to ship, and as mentioned above the guy in cali with the white car has the last one. as does the guy in conn, who also has the last one. the highest vin would seem to be the true "last one" built, even though it wasn't the last one finished. maybe the last one loaded onto a transport is the last one? or even the last one unloaded from a transport? plymouth guys will probably argue the last one, until they're dead. :brickwall:

dudedart

Quote from: 6bblgt on November 29, 2009, 02:59:18 PM

when the cars showed up at the conversion plant they already had a VIN. we are obviously not talking about the last one converted, were talking about the last built according to the sequence numbers. shipments of cars to be converted were not stopped on the 28 shipment of dec 15 1969, there was 29 shipments that ended on the 16th of dec. those cars produced on that 29th shipment would have a higher sequence than those on the 28 shipment. when you run the numbers properly you can determine there was more than 1935 cars made.

pettybird

go thread mining often?

VIN, Lynch sequence and the J numbers don't correlate.

Sequence numbers (either one of them) don't correspond to conversion or ship dates.

Just because the car had a later VIN didn't guarantee it was actually built after a car with a lower VIN. 

Lynch Rd was like 6 lanes wide...how can you be sure that one 'bird didn't pass another one in another part of the plant?

The VIN list you refer to really isn't in any particular order. 

What are you arguing again?

nascarxx29

Wouldnt the last bird built be the 181257 car :Twocents:

Fender tag shows a late (12/15/69) build date. The last digits of the VIN are 181257. According to Johnson, Galen Govier says it's one of the last SuperBirds built. The winged Warriors say that they haven't seen a Bird with a later VIN. As on page 3 http://www.dragracingonline.com/features/featurecar/vii_9-superbird-1.html

dudedart

Quote from: 6bblgt on November 29, 2009, 02:59:18 PM

sequence numbers and j numbers do show some, (while not exact) relation to the build of the car, both be a higher number. dont forget cars had the vin stamped into the car, engines ect. dont assume they were just slapping vin's on car when they crossed the finish gate. this was a controlled process, or else youd be getting mixxed numbers, like mixxed build sheets, people checked the vin's and stampings. everyone needs to remmeber that 1920 was the number for years and years. the ebay car was 1934. 1934 was never a number to was mentioned of the total build date. 1920 1925 1935 1969, where all numbers thrown around. also it was built on dec 15, cars were still being built on dec 16 for shipment to be converted. cars built on 16 will have a higher number, this car hasnt came forward yet. i personally know of a 440 superbird that hasnt been out of its garage since 1972. this car has never been registed in any of the list. remember there wasnt any  other 71 hemi cuda convertibles, until those two came from overseas back to the usa. what about the 70 4spd hemi gtx that was rotting on a beach in pureto rico , see it restored and sold on ebay ? a later superbird build date will show up.