News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Black Ice Superbird...Next Chapter Now with pics !!!

Started by hotrod98, November 27, 2009, 12:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 27, 2009, 08:01:30 PM
I quoted this from one of our emails.  It figures that it was my guy.

"To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if the drivers' miss any of their scheduled pick up/delivery times."

I haven't decided if my guy was one day late or four days early. Depends on which instructions you go by.  ;D

I don't care though. All I know is I have a Superbird now.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

lucaslaw

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 27, 2009, 12:31:42 PM
Tom jacked the torsion bars up in the front and the air shocks in the back so that it would clear everything while being loaded. Looks kind of cool that way. The car has to be lowered back where it belongs even though the car is in Arkansas. We have paved roads now.  ;D

As a fellow Arkansan and card carrying Redneck I resemble that remark, them paved roads is why these kids cant drive anymore.  Nothing teaches driving skill like bombing down a dirt road at triple digit speeds in a 68 R/T with a jacked up a$$ end, wore out suspension and little or no brakes, not that I ever did that in the mid 80's  :angel:

Sweet ride, glad you got it.  Next time I'm in your neck of the woods I'd like a tour of your shop if you have time.  BTW, kept the 'Bird, me an my brother pulled interior apart and found part of the buildsheet, along with fragments of someone else's fendertag, can't read the whole number but its obviously off a charger.  Gonna keep taking her apart. 
LL

superbirdtom

Quote from: mauve66 on November 27, 2009, 12:50:59 PM
i always wondered how they tied it down inside the container?? or do they just expect it to sit still as long as noone tilts the container or the ship doesn't have rough seas??  i saw a video once of a container ship losing several hundred containers right off the deck into the ocean, always wondered what was in those containers............................

I TOLD THE BARGE LINE TO PUT THE CONTAINER IN THE BOWLES OF THE BARGE. AND WHEN I DROVE IT INTO THE BARGE THEY ALREADY HAD THE FRONTTIRES BLOCKED UP THEN ATTACHED 2X4'S TO THE BACK AND SIDES THEY JUST ATTACH THEM WITH SCREWS, THEN i TIED DOWN THE STOCK HOOD TO THE WALLS WITH SOME BIG STRAPS SO IT WASN'T GOING NOWHERE i TOOK 2 IN TAPE AND WROTE OUT INSTRUCTIONS FOR OPERATION A THIRD GRADER COULD UNDERSTAND.  i AM SO HAPPY LARRY AND WIFE GOT THIS CAR.  i KNOW  HE WILL HAVE IT ON ROAD LICKITY SPLIT.  i CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE PICS OF IT AT VARIOUS MEETS.

THEYRE GONNA HAVE A BLAST WITH THE CAR.

hotrod98

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to even touch the car in the last two days. My mother-in-law is back in the hospital which has meant three hour round trips each day to visit her. I want to go ahead and install the new clutch so that I can drive it around some before it gets real cold. May not happen any time soon.

Charles Addams

superbirdtom

I just opened a package from Larry last night and was just in shock at what he sent me!. He sent me a beautiful pair of superbird daytona trunk wing supports that he made. And He sent me two brand new Sata paint guns  . 1 was a satajet 3000 digital.  Wow .  I want to say that the deal with Larry was smooth and honest all the way through. He got what he wanted and so did I , We are two mutually happy people with the superbird deal.
                                                        Anyone who deals with Larry can be assured that this is an honest man,  a man who dosen't call back when a deal is struck to try to chizel you down. A man who does exactly what he says he is going to do. I have dealt with some of the richest people in this country with painting their cars and jets when I lived in Los Angeles . IT seemed the more money they had the chintzier they were and the bigger jerks they were.I only once besides getting this surprise from Larry got a tip from someone ,and that was 900 dollars for painting a t-28 trojan for a great gentleman Captain Tom Neil. He appreciated the extra effort I put into his restoration.
                              Thanks again Larry I am going to use the guns tomorrow! :cheers:

hotrod98

Thanks for the kind words.
Tom deserved the gifts. He went to a lot of trouble to make the car an even better deal for me even after the deal was struck.
I'll elaborate more later.
This has been a bad week for Sandra and me. My mother-in-law lost her battle with COPD on Monday of this week. The great joy of finally getting a Superbird has been tempered by this tragic loss. My mother-in-law was a very special person and would be one of the first people to say that life goes on. It will, but it won't be the same without her. Just last week, I told her that I had bought the Superbird so that Sandra and I could enjoy traveling in it together and even though she was always quite frugal, she somehow sensed the importance I placed in buying what she would normally consider an un-needed extravagance. She said that she totally understood and that we should enjoy every day to the fullest. We always do.

Charles Addams

472 R/T SE

Sorry to hear that Larry.   :-\

I hope Sandra's doing OK.  No time of the year is better than another but this is a crappy time.

Prayers & thoughts for you & Sandra, family.

Mopurr

sending my sympathy to you for the loss of your MIL.   I lost my dad to COPD 10 yrs ago.

Glad you have your car and everything arrived safely.

Sherri

oldcarnut

Sorry to hear about the loss of family.  Will say a prayer for ya too.  It's been good reading about your anticipation and that both you and Tom have been two happy guys with the deal.

dads_69

Larry, once again congrats on the car. Sorry for your loss. My grandpa passed on Christmas day as presents were being opened in 1986. Sisters still have issues on that day, myself, I hate getting gifts period. IMO, its for my kids now vs. us older folks. ha, I'm 42, yet I still feel 26.

Best wishes to you and family
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

moparstuart

sorry to hear larry  , our prayers are with you and sandra .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

Sorry for your loss Larry.  My families thoughts and prayers are with you.  Allen
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hemi68charger

:engel016:

May God continue to bless your Mother-in-law and look over you, Sandra and all your family...........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

tan top

oh crikey  , sorry to hear about your motherin law Larry , so sad , right on top for christmas as well !! , not saying there is a good time , but just when the familys are togeather ! :rotz:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69bronzeT5

I'm very sorry to hear that Larry. My thoughts are with you guys. This past summer I told my grandma (dad's mom) who was very sick in the hospital that I was taking my Duster to a car show. She told me good luck and hope you win. I ended up winning and she was really happy for me.....5 days later she was gone. :'(
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

hemigeno

Very sorry to hear about your M-I-L, that's never a fun time to go through.  Hope Sandra is dealing with everything OK, as it sounds like they were close.

Hemi_tyme

Sorry for your loss Larry. My thoughts are with you and Sandra
Ken

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hotrod98

Thanks for all of the kind words. We held a memorial for her this morning. The place was filled with family and friends. She will be sorely missed. As she so often said..." life will go on".

Charles Addams

G-man

472 RT/SE Thanks for getting me in contact with Allen.

Allen, I think I am more excited than you about that daytona  :icon_smile_big:

Im starting to have dreams with me driving the 68 I wake up and realise "damn it, it wasnt real!"

:drool5:

Nice daytona  :cheers:

O yeah... why do Charger Daytona fronts look so weird compare to the superbird fronts... isnt it the same thing? So why make it not look as styled...  :scratchchin:

hotrod98

O yeah... why do Charger Daytona fronts look so weird compare to the superbird fronts... isnt it the same thing? So why make it not look as styled... 

Good question...They're not the same, but I think they both look pretty good.

Charles Addams

hotrod98

I promised myself that I wouldn't buy any more cars after buying my Superbird, but I couldn't resist.
I've been trying to buy this car for years. It's a very solid, real sassy grass green 71 Barracuda 318, column shift. A friend of mine was slowly transforming it into a bracket car. I'll complete the transformation and take it to the track occasionally. It now has a very stout 360 with aluminum heads, TTI exhaust system, beefed up 8 3/4, super stock springs and disc brakes all around.
Should be fun to drive. My wife said that I have to finish the Daytona clone and finish freshening the Superbird up before I can do anything to the Barracuda.

Charles Addams

mauve66

not fair, i call foul, now return it and donate to the mauve66 motor fund...................................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

hotrod98

:icon_smile_big:

Here's another pic.
Sandra's overseeing the entire project to make sure we load it correctly. She claims all cars that I buy. Works for me. I still get to drive them...occasionally.
At least it wasn't snowing here on Saturday when we picked it up. Was a little chilly though.
I already had a six pack hood that I plan to put on it as well as a few other nice barracuda parts lying around.

Charles Addams