News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger station wagon?

Started by Cooperman, November 28, 2009, 04:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgecharger-fan

What's the name of the company that took all of the AMD Charger panels and put them on a Coronet 'vert?

I would guess they re-skinned the doors with Charger doors - or installed the 'vert vent windows into the Charger doors to fit with the 'vert's windshield.

That would then give you the body line to match up with the front fenders. That should allow for the whole nose to be changed over - for the most part anyway. After that, I think it would be a matter of finding the right places to cut and tweak to make the body line flow back from the doors.

I would imagine there would be some challenges along the way that I'm not seeing, but the door to fender line is the place to start, IMO.

The roof line, though.... I don't think I have an answer for that. Maybe the Magnum-like idea would work.

Of course, for all of this to fly, we just need to think of it, and call it, something else. Forget that it's Charger panels and just enjoy the lines for what they are.
Maybe we can do justice to the term "Chagnum" that has been applied to the new Chargers.  :lol:

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

FlatbackFanatic

I like that purple Chally wagon, If I had the money I'd own it in a heartbeat. :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Big Sugar

:iagree:

When I was  a young lad there was a fellow around the corner from me with a 68 Mustang wagonback, similar to the Challenger shown earlier, I'm thinking there was probably a aftermarket kit available for owners looking for a little more for their kids.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

jaak

Quote from: FlatbackFanatic on November 29, 2009, 11:14:37 AM
I like that purple Chally wagon, If I had the money I'd own it in a heartbeat. :2thumbs:

The owner is a member here, he also has a 4x4 General Lee. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1913

Jason

Cooperman

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

Nacho-RT74

Charger station wagon... well, charger... yes of course...

;D

being serious, somebody posted a 2 doors 69 or 70 Coronet ( don't remember ) with 70 Charger front end... Car was FROM MEXICO
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

HemiTom

I would like to see somone take a 71-73 Cornet wagon and put a 72 SE Grille,Power Bulge hood with Grabber. it would think it would fit right up...I had the chance to see the 2 side by side a while back and it looked very simular...i just might work...

ACUDANUT

2 different shades of red and a waste of Charger parts.  :slap:

HemiTom

if you look closely...sitting behind the red car sits a green 71 charger...

aone415

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: FlatbackFanatic on November 29, 2009, 11:14:37 AM

it looks some AMC inspired
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

mauve66

needs a tona wing on the rear to keep it on the ground at 2 bills though :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

FJMG

Now we're getting somewhere; A DAYTONA wagon! Let's see, move the fastback so starts at the rear, make the window a little more vertical and have it open upward and fab the taillight panel to open down like a tailgate. Probably need some, dare I say it, "opera windows". The wing would probably envelope the rear window quite nicely!

bsakal

The roof on the red Charger wagon looks photoshopped, or am I so tired I missed something....

UPDATE: it is photoshopped, I must have had a brain fart.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

aussiemuscle

I found a charger wagon pic. ok it's just a model, but gives you an idea what it may have looked like. can you imagine if they actually made these things?

Magnumcharger

The original picture..."before" I jerked it around!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

A383Wing

I actually like the "jerked" picture

WM23N1G1

Quote from: aussiemuscle on October 27, 2010, 05:16:36 PM
I found a charger wagon pic. ok it's just a model, but gives you an idea what it may have looked like. can you imagine if they actually made these things?

As strange as it may seem, I kind of like it! :icon_smile_big:

mlomaka

Here are a couple that I had found over the years.

Heres another done by the same guy who did the photo chops.

Mike
Mike Lomaka

Chargerrtforme

Please help me out here. What is that blue car?  The loop bumper is almost 71 RR?  Is that a 3rd gen Charger body with almost a RR bumper? What the yeah? :eek2:

mlomaka

I believe it started out as a 72 Runner, but he changed the bumper and added Charger body lines to the side, especially the rear quarter. Now that I look at it, he also changed the wheel openings to the Charger style as well.

Mike
Mike Lomaka

Chargerrtforme

Quote from: mlomaka on October 28, 2010, 09:06:57 AM
I believe it started out as a 72 Runner, but he changed the bumper and added Charger body lines to the side, especially the rear quarter. Now that I look at it, he also changed the wheel openings to the Charger style as well.

Mike
Dang that's a lot of work, for???
So did he actually make the bumper? So he  straightened the lower part where the bumper used to go up. Odd.