News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A few pictures I took at Chuck & Blair's shop today (PICS) - Updated 4/16/2011

Started by jb666, November 28, 2009, 06:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Another awesome addition Jeff! :2thumbs: They've got some seriously cool projects going on there :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

tan top

more great pictures  , Jeff :yesnod:   love that altered wheelbase  :drool5: ,
  thanks for posting  :2thumbs:

:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

Thanks  :cheers: Over the course of the next few weeks there will be some AWESOME Pictures going up...

One of our "field trips" is planned for this coming Saturday... Wait until you see this car collection  :drool5:

jb666

Ok, I made a quick stop by Chuck's shop yesterday.. They had a few things going on, as usual!! Next week I'll be heading back into DMC, also, so there will be some GREAT pictures coming...

Next Saturday will be cool for multiple reasons.. I'm stopping by the "toy shop" (you haven't seen this yet) to take some pictures of Chuck's special new project that he's just begun... We'll also be checking out a collection never before caught on film.. Some REALLY impressive stuff!! I'm looking forward to it.

Anyways, with out rambling on any more, here we have our Saturday visit pictures!

When I first walked in I noticed the body of the '57 Convertible on the rotisserie in the paint booth.. The guys have been cleaning all the sand out of the nooks & crannies for days.. It's LOADED!!

And, as seen last week, here awaits the frame for the soon to be restored body:

Some metal work has begun on the old Ford

Areas of the trunk needed some special attention

And here's a shot of a couple of nice old asses together!!

TO BE CONTINUED.....

jb666

Some more work has been done to the Vette... It's really shaping up, and I can't wait to see this thing finished and rolling out the door. It's going to look sweet cruising the local shows this year!!

I've posted it before, but I really like the suspension setup on this car...

Not sure why, but I liked this view...

The headlights are in place, aligned nicely

The Lightning is outside the booth awaiting it's final touches of wet-sanding and buffing before it's ready to go home.. This thing might not be your cup of tea, but what's been done to this thing is awesome!!

When I arrived at the shop today, Chuck was sitting inside the BoatTail measuring, planning and plotting.. He looked like a man possessed... Oh wait.. He is...

And finally, Chuck's "blank canvas" that you'll soon see turn into a work of art has been primed.. Wait till you see what he's going to turn this into!!!

That's it! But like I said, wait until you see the pictures next week.. They are going to be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

jb666

Stay tuned... I have more pictures than I know what to do with.. Today was a cool trip.. Not only did I get to hit Chuck & Blair's shop, but I got to check out their "toy shop", too... From the second you walk into this shop to the second you leave you are flooded with childhood memories.. There are some AWESOME collectibles inside the front room, when you first arrive.. I'll have plenty to show you guys!!!

:popcrn:

jb666

Ok, first, I need some assistance from  you HEMI guys out there... Can you help identify this motor from these #'s??

These are the #'s on the left.. I'll post a couple of different angles so you can identify them:

These are the #'s about 3" to the right.

Any help is appreciated.

jb666

First.. Let's get through stop #1.. Chuck & Blair's shop...

I walked in to see a new(er) Porsche in the shop.. Love them or hate them, this one struck me as a beautiful car.. not my taste though.. I really liked the color..

The Lightning has been wetsanded.. It needs to be buffed out then it'll be out of there.. I hope to be able to get some shots of the motor/system in the bed before it leaves..

Chuck's latest project.. it's a work in process, but check out these colors!! This is one killer welding helmet!!

The '57 Convertible has been brought out of the booth.. All painted to match the factory original appearance.. Ready for assembly to begin. This thing is going to be awesome!!

I REALLY love the fuel filler location on this car... So creative...

Plenty more pictures of that will be showing up here in the future weeks...

On to the Ford... The rear lip has been replaced...

And some metal's been replaced..

The factory (for lack of a better term) "targa" panel on the roof has been cut out, and a solid roof will soon be there, leaving no signs of it's past opening...

TO BE CONTINUED.....

jb666

Next, the GTO is getting some more attention.. The inner/outer quarter is done on the driver's side, and will soon be done on the other side..

Chuck's tank is almost ready for some color.... It'll look sweet when he starts putting his ideas into reality!!

Here's my swing-out bar.. I'll get it back and re-install it in my car next weekend..

Here's where it all began, for me!!

Not much changed with the BoatTail this week.. But I did find where Mickey & Minnie had been living on the front frame section..

TO BE CONTINUED!!

jb666

So.. We pulled onto the property, and got out.. I was in awe.. The grounds are awesome, the space is unlimited and the scenery is to die for...  First, we walked out back to the graveyard.. But wait, they aren't left there to die.. They are cars that'll be brought back to life!!

From left to right... The shell is a 1/2 of a Cuda...  This one is the only one there for parts... The car next to it is a '70 Challenger funny car.. This is an original funny car from back in the day..  It's got a '72 grille painted on it from it's last paint job... Beside that is a '32 Chevy Sedan that will be a future rat rod... The front left is a '71 340 4-speed Cuda waiting to be fully restored...  Beside that is a '65 Belvedere that was a 4 door and was made into a 2 door and the rear wheels went 15" forward, there's a straight tube axle waiting for it, at which point the front will be moved forward... To the far right is a '30/'31 Model A.

Hey Brian, here's a cool OLD WHEEL picture for you!!

'39 Desoto right here.. Another future rat rod

Another old wheel shot... A Keystone mag!!

And I laugh when I see a blower sitting around outside behind a garage!!

Looking back, heading into the main shop now... Stay tuned!!

jb666

I almost forgot, here's the front clip of a '67 Cuda that Chuck's going to be using the transmission from..

And here we go... THE TOY SHOP.. This place is absolutely incredible.. You want to talk about a blast from the past and an amazing collection?? Well THIS IS IT!!!!!!!

This is TOO COOL!! It's a Studebaker Gasser.. The paint and finish work on this is absolutely stunning, and has inspired Blair's next paint job, and you can now see why Chuck painted his welding helmet this way:

This made my jaw hit the ground...

And keep in mind, the shop was just moved into, but has already got some really cool stuff going on!!

A cool painting Blair is doing on the wall:

Based on this :

A cool (one owner) '69 GTO Convertible 4-speed that'll be restored to factory original:

And here we go.. The first picture (of many) of Chuck's project... Chapter 142...  Stay tuned.. This is being built from scratch, 100%, and is sure to keep your attention along the way!!!!!

The do-it-yourself frame kit:

We'll come right back, but not before we put up a picture of Chuck, hard at work...Can you smell something burning?? I can...

jb666

Ok -- Here's the 331 Hemi that'll be transplanted into this project, which is believed to be a 1954 engine..

And this will be on the engine with 6 carbs on top of it...

Does this look familiar? It should!!

On our way into the break room now, on the last leg of our virtual tour:

This was a funny car that Blair painted & drove.. it's painted like a sneaker!! Pretty cool!!

This is Blair's old altered.... It ran 6.40's in the 1/4...

This was really cool!! I know they used to sell them, it just struck me as a neat novelty item...

A final look back at Chuck's project, DAY ONE, before leaving the shop area... You won't want to miss the progress on this thing!!

And I'll leave the shop , and the tour, with a group of model pictures... Some awesome AND RARE stuff here, going back all the way to the early 50's...

This is awesome, from 1970, new in the package!!

And I'll leave today's tour (and picture posting session) with a classic!!

Thank you for viewing!!!!!!!!!!

squeakfinder

Thank's for showing all that. Those models sure bring back memory's!  :2thumbs:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

FLG

jb666

Quote from: FLG on January 25, 2010, 11:28:52 AM
You have me confused here Jeff...

Did they move???  :shruggy:

Sorry.. no, this is a location where they work on/store their personal toys/projects. That's why it's called the "Toy Shop"... not a public business.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

FLG

jb666

Quote from: squeakfinder on January 24, 2010, 10:30:55 PM

Thank's for showing all that. Those models sure bring back memory's!  :2thumbs:

They sure do!! I didn't want to leave.. I could have stayed there all day and snapped pictures.. It was a total trip down memory lane...

Quote from: tan top on January 25, 2010, 12:10:48 PM
intresting & good pitures Jeff  :coolgleamA:    thanks for posting  :2thumbs:

Hey thanks for taking the time to check them out, as always -- your responses make it worth it  :cheers: :cheers:

69bronzeT5

Jeff, would you mind if I used the sitting Mopar pictures for my website? AWESOME model kit collection :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jb666

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 25, 2010, 08:25:07 PM
Jeff, would you mind if I used the sitting Mopar pictures for my website? AWESOME model kit collection :2thumbs:

you don't have to ask!! Help yourself!!  :cheers:

And if you like those models... Just wait..... He hasn't unpacked his entire collection  :o

jb666

I wanted to start out today's pictures with Chuck's "project"... Chuck has leveled his table and is now set up for the frame to come to life... Which is what he's doing on the old Bridgeport...

There will be  a LOT more of Chuck's cool project coming up (probably for a long time to come!!), but I guarantee you, when this is done you'll sit back and say that you have NEVER seen anything like this....

On to the shop visit.....

jb666

Lots of production since my last visit!! The '57 is coming along VERY nicely!!

I can't wait to see that car finished.. it's going to be cool!!

TO BE CONTINUED...

jb666

A few random shots of the projects that you've seen quite a bit of, just bringing you up to speed...

Both rear quarters are on the GTO:

The frame for the BoatTail:

The Lightning is all sanded and buffed out:

And here are a few of Chuck's past and present custom painted items... The detail and creativity that went into these always blows my mind..

Check out the metallics! The color! The detail!!

TO BE CONTINUED.........

moparsons

jb666

And the end of our journey was a trip to DMC Racing.. Where, as usual, the shop was jam packed with cars that made me stand there wondering "what am I doing wrong!!". But I have to say, after spending some time talking to Dennis (shop owner) he makes you quickly realize that nice guys ARE still around.. He is by far one of the nicest people I've ever met in a business environment, never mind a high end business like this. My hat's off to him for not letting his head get too big for his shoulders!!

If you look real close you can see our very own FLG talking to Dennis!!

There isn't a bad angle in this shop!!

The Mustang had some work done recently, and the motor should be back in the next week or so, which I will be sure to post some pictures of... It'll please even the toughest of crowds!!

They just finished buffing everything out up front:

Does this look familiar to anyone? It should, it's been all over the cover of Summit Racing's catalogs... it's the former Summit car!!

Here it is, before:

This beast, which can be had for only $31k is still sitting there, waiting to be taken home...

A few other random shots I grabbed:

That's it, for this week!! I hope you enjoyed the pictures,and stay tuned for next week's shots!!!