News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cobalt blue kandy

Started by 68blue, December 05, 2009, 07:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68blue

Saw a waverunner painted this metallic color and really wanted to check it out. Guy said it was a House of Kolors material. Anybody familiar with these? Really deep bright blue.

hemi-hampton

I'm familiar with these colors. was there a question in there? LEON.

dads_69

Kind of like giving a customer an estimate over the telephone. Without photo of actual color or paint chip, HOK has many cobalt blues to chose from.
As stated, next question. ha ha.....
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

NorwayCharger

Like this ? HOK Kobolt blue candy over silver base 
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

68blue

I think I should have rephrased the post. ;) I've since talked to a good painter familiar with HOK materials who said it was not easy but could be done. He said using a blue basecoat with the cobalt over it would make for a much easier job including any scratch repair in the future. Anybody have a picture of a charger painted with some variant of cobalt blue? Nice picture of the chevelle,  :2thumbs: a little brighter than what I am looking for.

hemi-hampton

The new candies are what they call Idiot Proof, Or what John Kosmoski from House of Color calls them. Thats because the new candies use a similar color base as the candy being sprayed making them much easier to spray & easier to fix. BUT, In my opinion defeats the purpose of even using a candy in the first place. Might as well just use a brite blue metallic base coat clear coat instead of a 3stage (tri stage) candy.  LEON.

Ryan

I agree, painting a blue candy over blue base seems kinda redundant. I have allways been a fan of a black base with candy over that.... especially on red, looks very evil :D
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA