News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

show us your 68 Chargers

Started by charge-it, December 10, 2009, 10:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

recon68

my '68!  :cheers:

lloyd3

Nice day in Colorado today. Here's my 11-year old giving a car show attendee a little dose of Charger religion. This is a very small local show that actually calls you and invites you to attend (pretty nice!).  They even feed you and hand out shirts and other trinkets(!). Accordingly, it's the only show I get to regularly. There have been many years where mine was the only Charger in attendance. This year there were 3 for a little while, another '68 that came (but did not stay) and a very nice '66 that showed up and decided to spend the day.

Hello 303 Mopar! Looks like you beat me to this.

303 Mopar

Quote from: lloyd3 on August 22, 2015, 07:15:32 PM
Nice day in Colorado today. Here's my 11-year old giving a car show attendee a little dose of Charger religion. This is a very small local show that actually calls you and invites you to attend (pretty nice!).  They even feed you and hand out shirts and other trinkets(!). Accordingly, it's the only show I get to regularly. There have been many years where mine was the only Charger in attendance. This year there were 3 for a little while, another '68 that came (but did not stay) and a very nice '66 that showed up and decided to spend the day.

Hello 303 Mopar! Looks like you beat me to this.

Good meeting you and your beautiful '68 yesterday Lloyd.  Sorry I had to run, hopefully we can get together for a cruise soon!  And it sounds like you got to meet Dave with his new '66.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

lloyd3

303 Mopar: Enjoyed our brief chat. Yours is the very first '68 I've seen out here. I know there are others around, but I never seem to run into them. I'm a bit sorry my car wasn't better prepped for the show, but I flat ran out of time (too-many other things competing for my attention these days.....and it is a driver, you can see the grime on motor & the battery box in your photos). Fall is almost here, which is the best time for cruising. In the spirit of this post, here is last year (a little better cleaned up in this one).  After you've had them 19-years, you just don't seem to sweat the small stuff as much.

MxRacer855

303 Mopar

Quote from: lloyd3 on August 23, 2015, 08:04:51 PM
303 Mopar: Enjoyed our brief chat. Yours is the very first '68 I've seen out here. I know there are others around, but I never seem to run into them. I'm a bit sorry my car wasn't better prepped for the show, but I flat ran out of time (too-many other things competing for my attention these days.....and it is a driver, you can see the grime on motor & the battery box in your photos). Fall is almost here, which is the best time for cruising. In the spirit of this post, here is last year (a little better cleaned up in this one).  After you've had them 19-years, you just don't seem to sweat the small stuff as much.

I agree, not many '68's out here for sure.  Even at the Colorado Mopar Show, there were only 4 2nd gen Chargers and I had the only '68.  Your car is beautiful Lloyd, very cool back story too.  Wish I had more time to chat.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

lloyd3

The car looked fairly respectable after the show (duh!), so one warm morning here (Tuesday), I took my boy to school in it (no conflicts with any Cadillacs this time). I also thought this scene from the door to my garage looked good tonight too. The UU1 looks quite different in low light.  Need to get the cover back on it.

The car really seemed out of place at his school Tuesday. Everything else was 4-doors, white, grey, black or silver, quite sedate, and very-much newer. I suspect that most of the other drivers never even noticed it, as many of them were mom's that were busy with their cell phones.  I'm trying to remember what life was like before smartphones. Everybody's multi-tasking anymore. At least the drive up and back was nice.

JB400

John Milner

My 68 driver.  Not perfect and never will be but I don't have a fortune tied up in it and am not afraid to drive it. 

kevink

My 1968 R/T Numbers Matching Automatic with Air Conditioning

moparstuart

My 74 k survivor.   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

Last Sunday at the Nascar race with my hemi hot rod

moparstuart

cdr

Car looks AWESOME Stuart
my junker
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

68-XS29

Here is my entry, an R/T I call Charlene. I picked her up in August of 2013 after sitting in storage since 1989, with the original 440 and 727. All fender tag, radiator support, and trunk numbers matched, although she was in a front end collision at some point, and an entire front clip from a 69 was used to repair her. I paid $8k to make her mine, which I considered to be a good deal at the time, and a real steal now! The car was completely original, (other than the '69 front grille and sheet metal) down to the stock cast iron manifolds and original carb, with the exception of a pair of glass packs, traction bars, and an electronic ignition upgrade. I changed the oil and put a battery in her, fired her up and drove her for the first time in 24 years. I drove her to sheetz, filled up her tank and her tires and we spent the rest of the evening cruising. That evening is probably tied for the best night of my life with my wedding night  ;D . Since then I've pulled (and saved) the numbers matching engine and trans for a 440 with stealth heads, hughes 246/250 cam, tunnel ram with 2 750 dp's, and a built up 727. Took her to Maple Grove one time and ran 12.011 at 115 mph. I've also installed a repro 68 grille from classis industries, Wilwood disc brakes at all 4 corners, a Gerst tubular front suspension setup, recovered all the seats and installed new carpet, along with a whole bunch of other small repairs and upgrades. Anticipating added a gear vendors to the mix this winter! If you have instagram, you can see a little more of my car on my page, 68_charter_rt

tan top

Quote from: 68-XS29 on December 10, 2021, 10:57:30 AM
Here is my entry, an R/T I call Charlene. I picked her up in August of 2013 after sitting in storage since 1989, with the original 440 and 727. All fender tag, radiator support, and trunk numbers matched, although she was in a front end collision at some point, and an entire front clip from a 69 was used to repair her. I paid $8k to make her mine, which I considered to be a good deal at the time, and a real steal now! The car was completely original, (other than the '69 front grille and sheet metal) down to the stock cast iron manifolds and original carb, with the exception of a pair of glass packs, traction bars, and an electronic ignition upgrade. I changed the oil and put a battery in her, fired her up and drove her for the first time in 24 years. I drove her to sheetz, filled up her tank and her tires and we spent the rest of the evening cruising. That evening is probably tied for the best night of my life with my wedding night  ;D . Since then I've pulled (and saved) the numbers matching engine and trans for a 440 with stealth heads, hughes 246/250 cam, tunnel ram with 2 750 dp's, and a built up 727. Took her to Maple Grove one time and ran 12.011 at 115 mph. I've also installed a repro 68 grille from classis industries, Wilwood disc brakes at all 4 corners, a Gerst tubular front suspension setup, recovered all the seats and installed new carpet, along with a whole bunch of other small repairs and upgrades. Anticipating added a gear vendors to the mix this winter! If you have instagram, you can see a little more of my car on my page, 68_charter_rt

awesome 68 !!  love the slots  :drool5: :2thumbs: :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

68-XS29

Thanks! When I got the car it had 14" Keystone Klassics, which I really liked, but when I did the Wilwood brake swap I couldn't use the 14" wheels anymore, so I threw on a set of 15" cop car wheels I had sitting around, but never really liked them. I had a hard time making up my mind on which wheels to buy, and when I saw a set of slots on my friends Cuda, I knew that's what I needed!

lloyd3

Recovering here today. Too-much vino with dinner last night (tis the Season!).  These photos have been posted here before but I need to feel like I'm at least thinking about doing something with my car.  The constant bad-news cycle on the lame-stream media makes me want to barf so this is at-least a pleasant distraction...

Old cars in winter, eh?

Mytur Binsdirti

lloyd3

lloyd3

Barring the unforeseen, this is who gets my car next....

At his request, these were part of his senior pictures taken last September. Hard to imagine what he'll be doing with it in a few years, but that will be (of course) his problem. By working on that '60 Dart project with him for the last two years, I'm at-least comfortable the he now has a basic understanding of the technology involved here (and what the limitations are). Not much of a legacy when you think about it, but better than nothing.

He still needs a haircut here. He's had one since.

TTSaleen

Recent pic during 1st test drive.

1968 Charger
1998 Twin Turbo Saleen
2003 Mach 1
2008 Pontiac G8

lloyd3

taxman

383 4 barrel automatic

440 4 speed

lloyd3