News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

show us your 68 Chargers

Started by charge-it, December 10, 2009, 10:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

44070dart

Bought it two years ago and haven't done a lot. Replaced everything in the front and rear suspension. Upgraded to front disc brakes and 1 1/8 sway bar and new steering box. The car drives so much better now and I drove it a lot this past summer. In the spring the first thing will be to replace the exhaust. Next is the interior. I have the dash gauges out, new pad, and plastic piece removed to be painted. Console also has been cleaned up and painted correctly. Need to have the tail strip put on in the spring also. Seats and door cards are in good shape so I saved some cash there. Paint is the big obstacle, the car is a twenty footer at best, but the price of a paint job is crazy. I'll be poking around to find friend of a friend type paint job if any. This is the second '68 I've owned, the first in 1970 had it for 9 years and it was stolen and never recovered. To me,this has always been the best looking Mopar built, so this will be with me to the end, of me that is.  

lloyd3

I had to move my car out of the garage to run a gas line to my kitchen the other day. After I'd started it, I was waiting for it to warm up a bit before moving it any further. Standing behind it on that very cold January day, the sound reminded me of so-many late nights after the bars had closed and I was making one last pass through the small town I grew up in before turning in. Inevitably, that included a whizz-stop in a secluded spot, behind the car and wreathed in clouds of exhaust smoke on the very-cold nights. Using the video function on my phone I created a very short (mp-3?) video (11 seconds). I had thought I could load that here but just couldn't figure how to make it work. Is there a way? The video on my phone sounds surprisingly good.

lloyd3

TTSaleen

Drove mine to work today and bonus (dropped my daughter off at school in it).
1st time driving it to work since I did the Hemi and NAG1 swap.
Runs great!

1968 Charger
1998 Twin Turbo Saleen
2003 Mach 1
2008 Pontiac G8

BadA55charger

Quote from: TTSaleen on February 17, 2022, 12:23:53 PM

Runs great!

That is Gorgeous!!!!!    :drool5: :o

orange383

Quote from: 44070dart on January 24, 2022, 12:09:10 PM
Bought it two years ago and haven't done a lot. Replaced everything in the front and rear suspension. Upgraded to front disc brakes and 1 1/8 sway bar and new steering box. The car drives so much better now and I drove it a lot this past summer. In the spring the first thing will be to replace the exhaust. Next is the interior. I have the dash gauges out, new pad, and plastic piece removed to be painted. Console also has been cleaned up and painted correctly. Need to have the tail strip put on in the spring also. Seats and door cards are in good shape so I saved some cash there. Paint is the big obstacle, the car is a twenty footer at best, but the price of a paint job is crazy. I'll be poking around to find friend of a friend type paint job if any. This is the second '68 I've owned, the first in 1970 had it for 9 years and it was stolen and never recovered. To me,this has always been the best looking Mopar built, so this will be with me to the end, of me that is.  

That's a really nice looking Charger. I'm wondering if the paint can be fixed rather than repainted? Just a thought!

moparfan

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: TTSaleen on February 17, 2022, 12:23:53 PM

Runs great!

How are you running the nag1?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

TTSaleen

I've got the Russell Drake (Sound German Automotive) controller with his tone-ring and 1 sensor.
https://www.soundgermanautomotive.com/
1968 Charger
1998 Twin Turbo Saleen
2003 Mach 1
2008 Pontiac G8

lloyd3

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

lloyd3

Just saw this episode and it really brought back all my memories of when my car was being repaired after a bad accident. After bead blasting the entire body, my car looked very much like this & you really could see all the scars accumulated (& repairs) over the years and, of course, how these cars were assembled. This show is flatly idiotic at times but...you really get to see some stuff you never would otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ8IMQob11E

The grill in my car now came from Tony's operation on Redbird Road back in 2008. I distinctly remember my conversation with him at that time, and asking him why it was so darn-expensive. His answer then was that "there aren't any good ones left".  It won't be many-more years before they will all be impossible to redo without owning a junkyard full of donor cars like they do here.

TTSaleen

I haven't posted the wheel upgrade.  Those 18's I had on it were temporary.
I now have the American Racing Vector VN47 wheels on it.
15x7 front and rear (the 8.5 are still on backorder until end of year).
235-60-15 front and 275-60-15 rear tire sizes.

1968 Charger
1998 Twin Turbo Saleen
2003 Mach 1
2008 Pontiac G8