News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AMD skins ??

Started by 69chargerR/T, December 26, 2009, 11:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

When welding, in this case - new skins on - my bodyman used a crimping tool and welded a spot about 2'' inches all along the new skins, took out the pins that held the skins in place, welded the areas where the pins were, then grinded down the high points in the welds. Do you guys feel as if those welds (a weld at every 2'' inches) is pretty strong?
Thank you,
Aaron

SFRT

thats basically how they where originally made.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lennard

Can anybody tell me if AMD makes inner sail panels? I can not find them on their website.
If they do make them, please give me the part number so I can order them.
Thanks in advance, Lennard

Troy

Quote from: Lennard on February 19, 2010, 09:27:55 PM
Can anybody tell me if AMD makes inner sail panels? I can not find them on their website.

The sail panel is part of the full quarter. I don't believe they sell them separately.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Patronus

Quote from: Lennard on February 19, 2010, 09:27:55 PM

I have that particular region of my old quarter in great shape if you need a patch...
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

tylerk

Last time I talked with them they weren't going to be doing just the sail panels.

Lennard

Thanks for the replies guys, I don't really know if I need them but maybe one of you guys can tell...

Patronus

tough to weld to rust, that hole may end up to be twice that size, but you can save it with 2-3 small pieces...
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Captain D

Thank you for the response - another odd question here - I've changed body shops since then, but when my car was at the original shop, I told the body man that I want small patch pieces, that I made and measured, to be welded behind a few small holes here and there around the tail-light panel. When I showed up at the shop, the SOB disregarded the small patch pieces and simply fiberglassed over them and said that once he puts seam sealer behind it, it'll be fine since the car is just a daily driver.

I didn't appreciate that and it was not what I had asked for. To make a long story short, I had enough of his BS and took the car since then. But now my question is this - Just how durable is the fiberglass over these small holes (they're not very big by any stretch - but I just like metal behind everything where it should be metal)?

Thank you for your replies and opinions...
Aaron