News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Scrolling When Typing

Started by MoparManJim, December 28, 2009, 01:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

Okay, i have a issue here and I think it's with a setting on here in my account, but I have no idea what it is called though I mean my problem. So I'm going to explain it to you all and maybe one of you might know what setting it's under and I can correct it then. 

As some of you probably notice that on big replys I mostly reply but I always type my message in at the top of the quote thing though instead of at the buttom. Well that is due to this issue I have been having for afew months now. 

The Problem: When I type and I get the text box filled and have to move down out of the filled text box, the screen in the text fill moves down also, but soon as I type one letter the text box zips back up and I can not see the letter I just typed. I have to scroll back down and click on the area next to the letter to lock my place back in. Even if I hit the space bar it zips right back up to the top of the text area and the buttom area is always out of view, it doesn't stay where it should when I type. The other forums I'm on doesn't do this at all. Thats why I say it's one of my account setting that got change slightly I think or unchecked. But this problem is starting to get annoying anymore as when I get out of the text area original spot it like to zip jump back and 4th up and down as I type in the area and it makes it hard for me to see what the heck I'm typing really. So can someone on here please help me out with this? please? :-\

G-man

I had that same issue on a different computer... never had the problem on this one though... might be the system not the forum or maybe the forum is conflicting with certain systems...  :shruggy:

MoparManJim

Then you know just what I mean then about the issue I'm having. It wasn't doing it with this computer, it started doing it like a month to two month ago. I was making a reply one night and wam, it started up after I updated my account here. I went back and check to see if anything was out of place but as far as I can tell nothing is though or it might be and I just didn't notice it then.

tan top

yes i have that also ,  it happens when i quote another post ,  soo confusing  when i'm typing  !! although don't take muck to confuse me  :yesnod: :lol: :confused:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

MoparManJim

Quote from: tan top on December 28, 2009, 04:39:21 AM
yes i have that also ,  it happens when i quote another post ,  soo confusing  when i'm typing  !! although don't take muck to confuse me  :yesnod: :lol: :confused:

:lol: 

Here I thought I was the only one having the scrolling issue... now I don't feel so bad.  :lol:

stripedelete

It seems to happen above a certain character count after a quote.

hemigeno

My computer here at the office does not do that, but the PC at home does the exact same thing Jim has described.  Pretty irritating, and it causes me to check the forum less on the weekends (when I have the problem) than during the week.  It gets too aggravating to try and reply with more than just a short answer, so I normally just wait until getting back to the office.

It only started for me a few months ago also, as I don't recall having that problem over the summer months.

:Twocents:

MoparManJim

Quote from: hemigeno on December 28, 2009, 12:54:31 PM

It only started for me a few months ago also, as I don't recall having that problem over the summer months.

:Twocents:

The same thing here.

You all that are having problems like I am, what systems are you running on? I'm running on a Dell Vista. My Compaq XP that I had before it crap the bed didn't have this issue at all on here. But soon after I had the Dell it started. 

Troy

There's no setting in the forum software to control this behavior. I have not upgraded the forum software in a long time either (although I will soon). My only assumption is that it's a browser compatibility issue. If it didn't do it before but it is now then it would appear to be something on your system (maybe an Internet Explorer update/fix?). Does your computer update automatically? Have you tried a different browser? I attempted to duplicate the problem with several browsers on multiple systems (Vista and XP) and can't make it happen.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69bronzeT5

It does the exact same thing to me also. When I type long replys, I'm having to copy and paste everything into Notepad and write it out there.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Troy

Are you guys using the "Quick Reply" box at the bottom of the page or the editor? Has it always done this or just recently? What browser (and version) are you using?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69bronzeT5

Quick reply? I just use the normal Reply button....? It's been doing it for a few months now and I'm using Internet Explorer (not sure which version- newest I'm assuming because I'm on a brand new computer).
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

hemigeno

The browser version here at work which has no problems is IE 7.0.5730.11

I'm not sure which version is on the home PC where I'm having the problem, but it could be different...  I'll check it out and post back.

Oh, and I don't use quick reply, just the normal Reply button like Cody.

Tilar

EDIT: Ok, scratch all that. It has to be an IE issue because it does it with both systems, I had forgot that I was using firefox as my default on the Intel system.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Tilar

Quote from: Tilar on January 31, 2010, 10:41:33 AM
I have the same issue and it's not just on this forum but it is on this specific computer. I have another system right beside this one that doesn't do it so I'm assuming it has something to do with a driver or specific piece of hardware. Both are running IE 8.0

Here is the system that I have the problem with:
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+,  MMX,  3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS (X2)
ASUS 790I Ultra SLI motherboard with Nidia Chipset.

The one that doesn't do it is an old Dell OptiPlex GX280 that I bought a year or so ago:
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1014MB RAM
Intel Chipset with onboard video card.

Just testing this in Firefox, and apparently it has something to do with IE because it's not doing it in Firefox.
Dave  

Tilar

Quote from: Tilar on January 31, 2010, 10:45:03 AM
Quote from: Tilar on January 31, 2010, 10:41:33 AM
I have the same issue and it's not just on this forum but it is on this specific computer. I have another system right beside this one that doesn't do it so I'm assuming it has something to do with a driver or specific piece of hardware. Both are running IE 8.0

Here is the system that I have the problem with:
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+,  MMX,  3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS (X2)
ASUS 790I Ultra SLI motherboard with Nidia Chipset.

The one that doesn't do it is an old Dell OptiPlex GX280 that I bought a year or so ago:
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1014MB RAM
Intel Chipset with onboard video card.

Just testing this in Firefox, and apparently it has something to do with IE because it's not doing it in Firefox.

EDIT: ok, it seems like when I run it in compatibility view it seems to work alright... For now.
Dave  

Khyron

It is IE, does it on IE 7 and IE 8 ..... It's a script update in the browser, haven't been able to figure what one yet.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

hemigeno

It's doing it again right now on the home PC.  I'm using IE 8.0.6001.18702  if that helps figure things out.

Tilar

In IE, Click on Tools, Compatibility View Settings, Add Dodgecharger.com to the list. Took care if the problem on my computers.
Dave  

MoparManJim

Quote from: Troy on January 19, 2010, 12:08:37 PM
There's no setting in the forum software to control this behavior. I have not upgraded the forum software in a long time either (although I will soon). My only assumption is that it's a browser compatibility issue. If it didn't do it before but it is now then it would appear to be something on your system (maybe an Internet Explorer update/fix?). Does your computer update automatically? Have you tried a different browser? I attempted to duplicate the problem with several browsers on multiple systems (Vista and XP) and can't make it happen.

Troy

I'm useing IE6 I belive or it could be 7. system is Vista. I use the reply button and not the quick reply box. 

I have also found out, for those of you that are having the same issue, do what Tilar said to do, I just did and I'm not having the issue anymore. Thanks man for the advice and the fix to the problem. :2thumbs:

Tilar

Glad I could help find it. It had been messing with me for so long on this computer that I began to think there was a hardware problem with it.
Dave  

Big Squeeze

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 19, 2010, 02:10:56 PM
It does the exact same thing to me also. When I type long replys, I'm having to copy and paste everything into Notepad and write it out there.

That's what I was doing too.........and I did as suggested above and it's fixed........ :2thumbs:

Wayne
Pump gas and hydraulic cams are for minivans.......