News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 426 Hemi 500 4 speed

Started by nascarxx29, December 30, 2009, 12:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nascarxx29

1969 Hemi Charger 500 4spd [Re: mopar_to_ya]
     #5639007 - Tue Dec 01 2009 02:25 PM Attachment (667 downloads)   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply    

Hemi 500 4spd. All numbers matching with lots of paper work. T5 copper matalic with T3 interior. Car has one repaint in the mid 80's otherwise all original. Motor just done you can drive this car anywher. 170k or Six pack and Hemi trades considered.

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

pettybird

OK Ed what's up your sleeve now?

69_500

Exactly what I'm thinking. Ed what kind of a car are you looking at now? You already got rid of the R6 HEMI 500 now this one too? Must be something very nice.

Ghoste

What I'm thinking is that after he ran it at the strip a couple of times he saw what a dog it was compared to his FAST cars and he can't stand owning it anymore.  Of course if this is the case he should just give it to me.  No seriously, I'd be embarassed to drive such a dog too but I don't have other cars that it would spoil the reputation of so people would be less likely to point fingers at me and laugh.  Maybe a little just not as much.  :D

tan top

awwe man what a machine  :yesnod:   :drool5: :drool5:  :'(
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Hemi_tyme

Waazzz up with the radiator overflow hose going into the washer bottle ............ :o

Ghoste

I'm guessing it's to pass tech for the strip.  He really does drag the car on occasion.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Hemi_tyme on December 30, 2009, 11:05:44 PM
Waazzz up with the radiator overflow hose going into the washer bottle ............ :o

Probably a Drag Strip rule. That's were that pic is from. Hey Ghoste - You beat me to it!

Hemi_tyme

Cool....I'll have to remember that the next time I race my son  :2thumbs:
Ken

Sweet T

That double bird shot about to duke it out is a million dollar shot! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
No, it ain't a Hemi.....thank God!

pettybird

father/son I've seen before but there aren't too many MOTHER/son races  ;)

XXHEMI

For years this car drove perfect with never an issue on a long drive but it never really had the get up and go that a Hemi should have. After a low compression stock rebuild and some tuning from Dave Dudek the car went a 13.50@108mph out at the Pure Stock Drags with my son James behind the wheel! As far as selling it goes?? I was thinking something in the way of a 68 A Body with fat valve covers on it. I have had fun with this car for over 10 years and maybe a change up is needed lately I have been spending more money with Summit then Frank Badelson.

It will be a lot tuffer letting this one go over the R6 car though.

Happy New Years Guy's
Ed

hemi68charger

Quote from: XXHEMI on December 31, 2009, 08:57:10 AM
For years this car drove perfect with never an issue on a long drive but it never really had the get up and go that a Hemi should have. After a low compression stock rebuild and some tuning from Dave Dudek the car went a 13.50@108mph out at the Pure Stock Drags with my son James behind the wheel! As far as selling it goes?? I was thinking something in the way of a 68 A Body with fat valve covers on it. I have had fun with this car for over 10 years and maybe a change up is needed lately I have been spending more money with Summit then Frank Badelson.

Happy New Years Guy's
Ed

Ed, I know someone with not 1, but 2 '68 SS/A Hemi Darts.. Maybe he'll trade ya one for it?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Ghoste on December 30, 2009, 11:08:39 PM
I'm guessing it's to pass tech for the strip.  He really does drag the car on occasion.
That he (or his son) does in the Factory Stock class...pic from this years Musclepalooza X at Englishtown raceway park in NJ
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 31, 2009, 09:00:38 AM
Quote from: XXHEMI on December 31, 2009, 08:57:10 AM

Happy New Years Guy's
Ed

Ed, I know someone with not 1, but 2 '68 SS/A Hemi Darts.. Maybe he'll trade ya one for it?

Troy
hurst hemi car would be cool
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

XXHEMI

Troy
[/quote]

Troy
Are they resto cars or races cars? Any pictures?? :drool5:

hemi68charger

Quote from: XXHEMI on January 01, 2010, 10:31:36 AM

Troy

Troy
Are they resto cars or races cars? Any pictures?? :drool5:
[/quote]

Nope,, they have been left as close as possible to original. You can tell right off the bat what you're seeing. Basically, cars that have been painted.. I'll PM you....... I've seen one and it looks great. It's the car I got educated on how you can tell reals from clones that haven't been done quite right. You can see the hammered passenger shock tower that Hurst did to make clearance for the exhaust headers... The other one I've been told is even better......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

sunroofgtx

Hi Ed. Ever get ahold of my Carlisle vendor neighbor with the low miler? Do you still have his number? I need it for a 71 Ply he has. I hope his health is ok. How are you?