News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Mopar restoration TV Show

Started by Hemidoug, January 10, 2010, 01:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

66chargerkid

Thats great! I will be looking forward to seeing the show forsure!

Silver R/T

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on January 13, 2010, 01:56:30 PM
I'd be interested in watching the program, but could do without the slamming of co-workers. Yes I know, it's television, but still.

It's nature of every business. They talk crap about guys where I work at, it's just inevitable drama.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

moparstuart

Quote from: 66chargerkid on January 16, 2010, 02:46:22 PM
Thats great! I will be looking forward to seeing the show forsure!

LOL   Ian already has the DVR set just in case LOL

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Back N Black

Awesome! nice to see Mopar restorations.Not the run of the mill Mustang, Chevy restoration that we get bombarded with.

gram101

I'll be sure to watch it make sure you do a Charger sometime :yesnod:

Graveyard Carz

Quote from: gram101 on January 18, 2010, 10:27:23 PM
I'll be sure to watch it make sure you do a Charger sometime :yesnod:

We have a 1970 Charger R/T, 440 Six Pack, 4 speed, A34 in FC7 going through the shop very soon. I've had it on the schedule for a couple of years. It's defintely dead right now but since it still has the original motor and transmission it's well worth bringing it back to life. Honestly, I think they all deserve to be brought back and if I could I'd restore 'em all. I think each car has a great story that should be told.

So keep an eye out for that...

-Let's bring 'em back

Mark

www.graveyardcarz.com
The Undertaker

TruckDriver

AWSOME news!!!  :cheers:  At first I though History channel was a bit of a stretch. But, I guess you can look at it American Heritage that is being restored. Either way, this family will be watching it.  :2thumbs:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ac_knight

I loved the trailer.  I think this show looks awsome.  I hope you guys get signed, I want to see the show on the air.

rav440

cool i cant wait  :drool5: id like to see a reto of a #s matching 1973 roadrunner/GTX on the show someday . and i know right where you can find one .  :icon_smile_big:

really good luck with the show  :cheers: ill be DVRing it for sure  :2thumbs:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

jeryst

Maybe I'm being a pessimist here, but once the show goes on the air, every hick in the world will think they can restore a Mopar, and the only outcome will be that parts, cars, and parts cars will get scarcer and prices will go up. Nothing like making people more aware of something to make the prices go up. Seen it happen too many times. Used to be you could go to yard sales and pick up some pretty nice stuff. Now, because of shows like "Cash in the Attic" and "Antiques Roadshow", everyone is a closet antique dealer that asks top dollar for everything, even when its not worth it.

Smokey Bear

I look forward to all of the knowledge and history that will be shared. Restoring these cars correctly and not taking the easy road is no picnic. There is a lot to be learned by us "regular" folks. I've been totally immersed in Mopars 30 years now and I still learn interesting stuff all the time.

I have to concur and throw my two cents in also: The drama of fake deadlines and what is created through creative editing is getting really, really, really, really stale. Wouldnt it be cool to actually have a show where instead of focusing on that stuff they focused on how the team works together to accomplish their goals? ( which is probably what is actually happening 99% of the time). It will be one show and out for me if it's the same old formula. The trailer did not look promising in this regard.

rav440

Quote from: jeryst on January 21, 2010, 12:00:22 AM
Maybe I'm being a pessimist here, but once the show goes on the air, every hick in the world will think they can restore a Mopar, and the only outcome will be that parts, cars, and parts cars will get scarcer and prices will go up. Nothing like making people more aware of something to make the prices go up. Seen it happen too many times. Used to be you could go to yard sales and pick up some pretty nice stuff. Now, because of shows like "Cash in the Attic" and "Antiques Roadshow", everyone is a closet antique dealer that asks top dollar for everything, even when its not worth it.

what make you think that is not going on right now ?  :shruggy:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

jeryst

Quote from: rav440 on January 21, 2010, 12:52:59 PM

what make you think that is not going on right now ?  :shruggy:

My point is, is that no matter how bad it is now, putting it on TV will only make it worse.

Besides, I love Mopars, but there is absolutely nothing different in restoring a Mopar than in restoring any other vehicle. Sheetmetal is the same. Motor work is the same. Finding and replacing parts is the same. Painting it is the same. Taking it apart is the same. Putting it together is the same. etc. etc. etc.

By being brand specific, although they will garner a small loyal audience (Us Mopar guys), they will have much less of a viewing base then had they adopted to rotate brands. I mean really, how many of us would sit through a show that restored nothing but Chevvies every week?

I also agree on the comments about the fake drama. Show the results, and skip the tension.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: jeryst on January 22, 2010, 04:03:46 AM

what make you think that is not going on right now ?  :shruggy:

My point is, is that no matter how bad it is now, putting it on TV will only make it worse.

Besides, I love Mopars, but there is absolutely nothing different in restoring a Mopar than in restoring any other vehicle. Sheetmetal is the same. Motor work is the same. Finding and replacing parts is the same. Painting it is the same. Taking it apart is the same. Putting it together is the same. etc. etc. etc.

By being brand specific, although they will garner a small loyal audience (Us Mopar guys), they will have much less of a viewing base then had they adopted to rotate brands. I mean really, how many of us would sit through a show that restored nothing but Chevvies every week?

I also agree on the comments about the fake drama. Show the results, and skip the tension.
I don't agree with some of your points. The rarity and stories of Mopars beat any other automaker and it's well known how much I love GM cars, but GM and Ford cars were the norm.  Mopars and Mopar people are the back bone of what was cool back then to the max.  Like he said on the clip.  "Who would think of a pink Muscle car?  Mopar did''.  Mark points out it's about How rare and exciting the Mopar cars were, and how he has exciting stories to tell of them as they restore the cars. What makes this show different will be when they research options or parts in the restoration process and it becomes clear how somethings can't be found at all or cost un Godly amounts. Dead line stuff does little for me, but I love the overall concept of the show.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

moparstuart

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on January 22, 2010, 06:12:08 AM
Quote from: jeryst on January 22, 2010, 04:03:46 AM

what make you think that is not going on right now ?  :shruggy:

I don't agree with some of your points. The rarity and stories of Mopars beat any other automaker and it's well known how much I love GM cars, but GM and Ford cars were the norm.  Mopars and Mopar people are the back bone of what was cool back then to the max.  Like he said on the clip.  "Who would think of a pink Muscle car?  Mopar did''.  Mark points out it's about How rare and exciting the Mopar cars were, and how he has exciting stories to tell of them as they restore the cars. What makes this show different will be when they research options or parts in the restoration process and it becomes clear how somethings can't be found at all or cost un Godly amounts. Dead line stuff does little for me, but I love the overall concept of the show.
VERY WELL SAID
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

Thanks. Let's also keep in mind it was Mopar that built cars so powerful and "out there " for the times that rules in racing were changed ( Daytona anyone? ). I remember as a kid watching commercials for cars like the Charger back in 68 whereas the car would speed off smoking it's tires as a sheriff said " You in a heap of trouble boy ". It was Ma Mopar that pushed the line in the name of cool and fun and once again rules were changed not allowing cars to burn off their tires in a T.V commercial.  I think a  Mopar show with history is gonna be great!
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

hemi-hampton

Who would think of a pink Muscle car?

Back in the 60's Ford made a Playboy Pink Mustang  before Mopar every made a Pink car. :scratchchin:  LEON.

P.S. What ever happened to this show, any updates :shruggy: :scratchchin:

Todd Wilson

I got a 69 Charger that they can make an entire season in the restoration of it!

Todd

plumbeeper

Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 05, 2010, 12:02:39 PM
Who would think of a pink Muscle car?

Back in the 60's Ford made a Playboy Pink Mustang  before Mopar every made a Pink car. :scratchchin:  LEON.

P.S. What ever happened to this show, any updates :shruggy: :scratchchin:

I've never heard of the pink Mustang but there was a 69 AMX that was done just for the Playmate of the year. A buddy of mine is really into the AMC's and was telling me all about it a little while back. I just done a Google search and found it's on ebay right now....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300445618837&viewitem=

Dave
http://www.woodgrainwheels.com
CLICK ABOVE FOR THE BEST MOPAR WOODGRAIN STEERING WHEEL RESTORATIONS

Brock Samson

i've collected the pink pics... off supercar.net i may have to resize some..  :shruggy:

Brock Samson

more...  :shruggy: i just read the articles...  :D

Brock Samson

M's. 69 is pretty smokin' eh?..        :woohoo:

hemi-hampton

I'd sure like to find a Pink 69 Sheby :o  LEON.

Silver R/T

Not sure about pink cars but those are good looking ladies!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

1969chargerrtse