News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Now a wing car owner

Started by 41husk, January 14, 2010, 12:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

Yes, we did....  :D

And congrats on yer purchase  :2thumbs:

hotrod98

Okay, my new home office has been completed and the computer is back up and running.  I should be back to work on Allen's Daytona this week for sure. Other than driving up to pick up my freshly rechromed bumper for my superbird, I have the schedule wide open for the first time in a while. First thing on the agenda is to prep and paint the front end for the car and start the final assembly before taking it to the trim shop to finish up the interior.
It's supposed to be in the high 60's here all week so that should work out perfect for painting.
Here's a couple of pics of the car taken a couple of days ago. I had to move it into the storage building while the guys finished installing the new compressor and air lines in the body shop. It's in good company with the wingrunner and the Black Ice bird.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

41husk

Thanks for the pics Larry.  Keep them comming :drool5:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hemi68charger

That's going to be one good lookin' Daytona. Keep up the good work Larry...........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hotrod98

One of my guys blocked the fenders, hood and nose on the clone today. I'll prime them one more time and they should be ready for final sand and paint. I can't wait to get this one finished...so I can start on getting my bird re-painted.  :icon_smile_big:
Actually, I plan to work on the bird some while the clone is at the trim shop.

Charles Addams

tan top

Quote from: 41husk on January 14, 2010, 12:39:30 PM
I recieved my title and bill of sale yesterday and went to the DMV today to register her.  I am now officially a wing car owner  :2thumbs: :cheers: I know that a clone is not a big deal to many XX car owners, but it has always been a dream of mine.  I hope to have it completed and in my garage by late February ist of March :icon_smile_big:

congratulation Dude  :cheers:  :dance: , looking forward to seeing lots & pictures & stuff   :yesnod: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BigBlockSam

i'm looking forward to seeing that car with the nose on . it's been naked way to long
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 19, 2010, 01:29:21 PM
i'm looking forward to seeing that car with the nose on . it's been naked way to long

Me too.
My priorities keep changing on a daily basis. This car should have been finished a year ago. They could make a movie about all of the crap that's happened to me in the last couple of years.  ;D

Hope everything's going good in your world, Rene.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteHope everything's going good in your world, Rene.

just trying to keep my boat a float . times are tough lately .
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 19, 2010, 05:10:58 PM
QuoteHope everything's going good in your world, Rene.

just trying to keep my boat a float . times are tough lately . i miss talking to you Larry :cheers:
I second the times are tough   :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

QuoteI second the times are tough   yesnod yesnod yesnod yesnod yesnod

:cheers: survival mode  :smilie_help:

hotrod98

Even with all of the negative stuff happening around me, I will have to admit that finally being able to buy a Superbird has made me feel a little better about life in general.
I plan to install the new clutch in the bird this weekend, bolt on the rear bumper and wing and go out for a cruise if the weather stays nice. I've only driven it around here close to the shop and have been dying to get it out on the road.

Hey Allen, we re-primed the daytona clone parts today and should have them painted before the weekend. Pics will follow.   :coolgleamA:

Charles Addams

41husk

Thanks, I look foreward to the pics.  Rain here all week, even if I had the Daytona couldn't cruize, but the weather will turn soon , so don't be out to long in Black Ice.  All play and no work makes Allen a sad boy :'(
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

hotrod98

We have a rule around here. We never work on customer's cars on the weekend. Well, almost never.  ;D

Charles Addams

FJ5WING

as far as times being tuff, thankfully health is not an issue but trying to do a rightious/worthy restoration of a sorta low mile all matching superbird while unemployed is not easy. i would call 43,000 miles low but some may not. :shruggy:

wingless now, but still around.

41husk

Quote from: hotrod98 on January 20, 2010, 12:11:47 PM
We have a rule around here. We never work on customer's cars on the weekend. Well, almost never.  ;D
Darn !  I guess I should have waited until you were done to register the car in my name :brickwall:  Enjoy your weekend :cheers:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

moparstuart

Quote from: FJ5WING on January 20, 2010, 12:45:52 PM
as far as times being tuff, thankfully health is not an issue but trying to do a rightious/worthy restoration of a sorta low mile all matching superbird while unemployed is not easy. i would call 43,000 miles low but some may not. :shruggy:

let me come get it out of your hair , then you wont have to worry about it

hotrod98

Quote from: 41husk on January 20, 2010, 12:58:17 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on January 20, 2010, 12:11:47 PM
Darn !  I guess I should have waited until you were done to register the car in my name :brickwall:  Enjoy your weekend :cheers:

To make you feel better, I've been blcoking on your parts all day. I found a very small dent in the hood so I'll repair it and spot prime it tonight or tomorrow. Don't know how we missed that one.

Charles Addams

41husk

Thanks, I know it will look great when your done. :2thumbs: :cheers:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: FJ5WING on January 20, 2010, 12:45:52 PM

43K is real low when a car is 40 years old.  :2thumbs:
Mine is 64k and that's low to me.  :yesnod:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

41husk

Transfered insurance from the 68 to the 69 but they would only insure it for the same amount as the 68 until I can provide the car for them to take pictures of or provide an independant 3rd party appraisal.  I thought agreed value was agreed value :shruggy: I guess that means they don't agree ?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

41husk

Hagerty quoted me $421 a year on the Daytona clone.  I have State Farm now with agreed value.  They are right at 1/2 of that cost a year and will only Insure it for $25k until they can see the car or have a 3rd party appraisal.  What do others do for insurance?  How do you list it?  My qoute from Hagerty was as a 69 RT/SE Modified.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

BigBlockSam

$421. is a lot . it's because they put it down as modified . that makes it more expensive . my 39 cuope is listed as modified and it cost  twice as much as any of my cars to insure  .  :cheers:

moparstuart

i have the birdible insured for 55k and it only  $282.00  a year WITH AMERICAN COLLECTORS INS  800-360-2277   4000 MILES A YEAR LIMIT

Dr V

Quote from: moparstuart on January 31, 2010, 09:28:42 AM
i have the birdible insured for 55k and it only  $282.00  a year WITH AMERICAN COLLECTORS INS  800-360-2277   4000 MILES A YEAR LIMIT

All 5 of mine are insured with them.  Even the 08 viper. :icon_smile_wink:
This Damn Car Thing Is Getting Expensive!