News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Now a wing car owner

Started by 41husk, January 14, 2010, 12:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lifsgrt

Congrats Allen, that's been a long time coming!  Hope to check it out at Monster Mopar this year.
Jerry  :cheers:
Best time 11.07@121

Hemidog

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: hotrod98 on March 30, 2010, 10:02:08 PM
Someone's getting a Daytona clone this week. I wonder who it is?  :icon_smile_big:

Allen is gonna be a happy camper! Looks great!!!  :cheers:
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

moparstuart

mo pad here we come   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

Looks like you won't have the only wing car in front of the Mopad this year!!!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hotrod98

Looks like there will be at least three.

We're going to work all day tomorrow getting the nose on. We fitted the valance today and drilled it. We also attached the nose seals to the fender that Dayclona made. Fits great. We have our work cut out for us tomorrow.
Oh, and the leather seats are in. Looks good.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on March 31, 2010, 08:07:31 PM
Looks like you won't have the only wing car in front of the Mopad this year!!!
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

hemi68charger

Man... That's going to look great !!!!!! Can't wait to see it out in the sunshine........    :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hotrod98

Allen came by today to check on the progress. I think he's a happy camper.
As of this evening, the nose is on. We still have to test everything before installing the valance. Then we can detail it and he can head to Illinois. Allen is going to wait until Saturday to leave to avoid the severe thunderstorms forecast for Friday evening.

He's trailering it back home. I'm glad he didn't plan to drive it home. This car hasn't been on the road in several years so he will basically be testing everything. I didn't do a full resto on this project since the car was a pretty decent driver before we tore it down. At least he doesn't have to worry about the brakes. They're new from front to rear. I've driven the car around the shop but haven't been out on the road in over five years.
Since it's his car, I'm scared to get it out in traffic. Heck, I'm scared to get my bird out in traffic. I think Allen and I are both worried about damaging the noses on these cars.

I'll take a few pics after we get it detailed.

Charles Addams

hotrod98

Allen was finally able to pick the Daytona up on Saturday. He called last night and said that he had made it back home safe and sound. Can't wait to have his car and mine sitting side by side at Branson and Monster Mopar.

Charles Addams

41husk

I couldn't be happier with the entire deal, Larry and his son worked there butts off to get us on the road Saturday.  I got in town about 5:30 Saturday evening.  I had called several local car guys, including the guy who has painted all of my other cars.  He does good work and always likes to point out flaws in other peoples work.  He looked the car up and down and he is familiar with the lines since he painted the 68.  All he said was "that's straight"  I have a few bugs to work out Larry was very up front and pointed out all the concerns he had, but I want to get them taken care of before I take her out for any real time.  I have been around the neighborhood and two the gas station.  I thought it would be a amazing feeling to drive a wing car, I was right :2thumbs:  Thanks to the Roper family :cheers:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

OneofNoneRT

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: Congrats HUSK..Looking fwd to seeing it in person :2thumbs:
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

Charger-Bodie

Im jelous....Congrats Alan! Cant wait to check it out and throw a few back at the Mopad!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

69bronzeT5

SOOOOOOOOOO jealous Allen!!!! :bow:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

hotrod98

I'm jealous as well. I've owned the car for many years and have never driven it other than up the street and back a few times and around the shop of course. I think the car will make a great driver. Allen's going to have to get used to that long nose that you can't even see. There were a couple of small mechanical problems with the car but we made every attempt to make the car as nice as possible. Maybe Allen will let me drive it some time.  ;D

Was hard to let this one go since it made for a nice set of winged cars.

Charles Addams

RD

it looks gorgeous, great job on the car larry.. and allen.. drive it like you stole it buddy!!! (well, after you work the bugs out of course :D )
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

hotrod98

I don't know if you guys remember or not, but this car was basically a barn find 1969 R/T SE triple black car. I started on the Daytona transformation before really getting the car all mechanically sound. I did go completely through the brakes and installed new brake hoses. The motor always started well and ran pretty good. The previous owner had just gone through the engine before parking it in the barn just a couple of years before I bought it. He said that the transmission was in good shape and shifted good so I hope that it works well for Allen.
About five years ago, one of the guys that worked for me at the dealership started the resto on the car before having to quit due to heart problems. The car then sat in storage for another couple of years before I decided to start the transformation. The power steering always had a leak and I assumed that it was the hose. I bought a new hose for it and we installed it Friday. However, the leak was still there and we had run out of time to repair it. So, Allen is going to check it out and see where the problem is. Hopefully, it's the pump housing which would be the easiest thing to repair. We really hated that he couldn't just jump in the car and take off down the highway when he got home. My son and I were really disappointed that the car wasn't fully prepared for him.
I'm going to have to go through the mechanicals on the bird as well. It's a never ending battle with these 40 year old cars.

Charles Addams

472 R/T SE

I know you're real particular with the cars Larry but I wouldn't let any what will prolly be minor problems with the car bug ya'.  For what you sold it for $$ it could have been drivetrain-less & it still would have been a good deal.   :Twocents:

That's a sharp lookin' car, job well done sir.   :2thumbs:

41husk

Larry, I am not at all disapointed  :drool5: I spend hours just looking at it.  You and your son are welcome to drive the car anytime you like. 
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

hotrod98

I hope you like the leather interior. It just seemed right to go back with leather since the car is an SE. I also installed new seat buns. Every time that I've reused the old seat buns in the past, they started breaking down almost immediately even though they looked good. I hate seeing little bits of foam all over the carpet.

Charles Addams

200MPH

:cheers: beautiful ride! Congrats to you Allen! , Larry awesome work!
Charger

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hemi68charger

Quote from: hotrod98 on April 06, 2010, 08:18:00 AM
I hope you like the leather interior. It just seemed right to go back with leather since the car is an SE. I also installed new seat buns. Every time that I've reused the old seat buns in the past, they started breaking down almost immediately even though they looked good. I hate seeing little bits of foam all over the carpet.

Larry... Great looking '69........ Love the whole package...........

Allen, enjoy !!!!!!
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

41husk

Thanks guys, I will try to get my pics developed and posted, it sure looks good just sitting in the garage with the convertible Challenger :2thumbs: I have a wrestling banquet tonight after school and rain all day tommorow.  I hope to get on it Thursday.  I did order some new lenses and marker lights today. :cheers:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904