News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

White Superbird

Started by xx29440charger, January 17, 2010, 10:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

FJ5WING

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 21, 2010, 09:11:57 PM
Well - the entire bottom of the car for starters. Every bit of the front suspension and steering is painted black....cheap, quick and dirty backyard stuff. The wheelwells aren't undercoated. The bottom is painted the same as the top. There are extra holes drilled for "new" home made grounds. When I see these shortcuts you can bank on the fact there are dozens of other shortcuts taken. I have seen this 100's of times over the years. Lot's more - don't feel like typing that much. These are just a few things - none of which anyone should accept on a 90k car. 50-60k maybe...not 90k for a U code.

I dont want to add any fuel to your fire as you seem pretty worked up over this car. but whens the last time you saw a superbird sell in the $60K range?

all the things you mentioned is why its priced at 90. several members have questioned why it hasnt sold with it appearing to be very nice. I feel its because nobody wants to "fix" the resto.

the cars looks pretty good to me. :shruggy:

once again Im not out to burn anyones ass! :pity:
wingless now, but still around.

BigBlockSam

$89000 is a 3 bedroom house with a pool in florida.   :D
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

A383Wing

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 22, 2010, 06:42:38 PM
$89000 is a 3 bedroom house with a pool in florida.   :D

Hurricanes included at no charge

FJ5WING

and all the new Haitians you can fit into one room. :icon_smile_blackeye: Im glad Im in the Northeast for once.
wingless now, but still around.

Dukes69

Quote from: rob-dirt on January 20, 2010, 12:04:35 AM
Quote from: Dukes69 on January 19, 2010, 11:44:23 PM
For $90k I want a carpet kit!   :yesnod: ;D

DID YOU READ THE ADD
   :hah: WILL HAVE NEW CARPET BEFORE DELIVERY(THOUGHT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE FLOORS    :brickwall:    your in luck  :smilielol:

Nope, I can't read . . . public schools.   :nana:  My point is, put the damn carpet kit in and then post your $90k car forsale.  I guess if you have the $90k to drop on it, you can probably read.   :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Quote from: FJ5WING on January 22, 2010, 05:33:46 PM
I dont want to add any fuel to your fire as you seem pretty worked up over this car. but whens the last time you saw a superbird sell in the $60K range?

all the things you mentioned is why its priced at 90. several members have questioned why it hasnt sold with it appearing to be very nice. I feel its because nobody wants to "fix" the resto.

the cars looks pretty good to me. :shruggy:

once again Im not out to burn anyones ass! :pity:

Just an side note here but there have been a few Birds that I've seen and heard of in the past 12 months that have changed hands in the area of 60-70K that were driveable cars. There was even one down at Talladega that had been purchased recently for a fair amount under that price range. Very presentable car if you just wanting a driver car that one could hop in and enjoy without worries. They are out there. This is coming from the guy who does not follow the Superbirds nearly as closely as I do the Daytona's and C500's too.

maxwellwedge

Hi All - I was at the B-J carnage the last few days. I was having a tough "year" last week and probably got a little more worked up than I should have.  :slap:

There were a lot of weak cars there this year and for the 3rd year in a row our Mopes got hammered (pun sort of intended  :icon_smile_cool:). I would put the bondo to silicone ratio as 1:1 this year!

Had fun though!

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on January 24, 2010, 10:39:57 AM

...There was even one down at Talladega that had been purchased recently for a fair amount under that price range. Very presentable car if you just wanting a driver car that one could hop in and enjoy without worries...

I remember that car, very nice indeed for the purchase price, especially one in which you could jump in and go....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 25, 2010, 10:11:52 AM
Hi All - I was at the B-J carnage the last few days. I was having a tough "year" last week and probably got a little more worked up than I should have.  :slap:

There were a lot of weak cars there this year and for the 3rd year in a row our Mopes got hammered (pun sort of intended  :icon_smile_cool:). I would put the bondo to silicone ratio as 1:1 this year!

Had fun though!
was the white hemi bird with the 260k ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

maxwellwedge

Quote from: moparstuart on January 25, 2010, 01:13:06 PM

Had fun though!

Do you want to get me in the soup again?????   :lol:

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 25, 2010, 01:17:06 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on January 25, 2010, 01:13:06 PM
Hi All - I was at the B-J carnage the last few days. I was having a tough "year" last week and probably got a little more worked up than I should have.  :slap:

There were a lot of weak cars there this year and for the 3rd year in a row our Mopes got hammered (pun sort of intended  :icon_smile_cool:). I would put the bondo to silicone ratio as 1:1 this year!

Had fun though!

Do you want to get me in the soup again?????   :lol:
I can read between the lines ,  thanks  :D :D

gtx6970

Anyone know if the Bird in this thread  is the one that came out of Dayton Ohio within the past couple years ?

a friend of mine is looking for a bird , and would actually prefer just a decent driver

rob-dirt

Quote from: gtx6970 on January 25, 2010, 02:44:31 PM
Anyone know if the Bird in this thread  is the one that came out of Dayton Ohio within the past couple years ?

a friend of mine is looking for a bird , and would actually prefer just a decent driver

after reading this topic sound like a driver car is worth 50 or 60 ? if you find 2 let me know :slap:

70Sbird

WOW, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think the car is probably worth that. Sure there are priceless originals and over-restored trailer queens that we all drool over, but I believe that there is a large segment of wing cars that are still driver quality useable cars. This is a numbers matching, original drivetrain car that appears to be in decent shape with all of the Superbird specific parts still present. Are there errors in it's restification? sure, but the car looks to be able to be driven and enjoyed as-is. My car was a twin to this car other than color, Mine is B5 blue. My original drivetrain is long gone, I now have a 4-Speed and bucket seats and a Dana. I drive my car everywhere and enjoy every minute of it. In better times I have been offered more for my car that the asking price of this car today. I will agree that car values are in the tank comparred to a couple of years ago, but I seriously doubt that you could duplicate this car for the money. I like it, But the color would be the only deterrent to me, but a good repaint is pretty expensive, and I wouldn't want to "ruin" the car with a color change.
Not all cars will be showpieces, some of us still drive the sh1t out of them!
:Twocents:

Scott Faulkner

hotrod98

I think that there are deals to be had and there may be even better deals in the future. I can't say what we paid for the Black Ice car, but let's just say that Tom was happy and we were very happy. It's not matching numbers and has had almost no rust other than the usual lower quarter stuff. It drives great and as soon as I get some fresh paint on it, it will look great. A year ago it was looking like we might not ever own one, but the economy that worked against Tom, worked for us.  I hate that for Tom, but it doesn't change the fact that Sandra and I now have something that we've wanted for quite a while. And, it's not an all original car or show queen so we feel like we can go out and drive the fool out of it.
I say if you're looking for a driver in the less than 80K range (very possibly much less than 80K), you just might find it. It kind of depends on how long the economy stays in this slump. We may even buy another one as an investment if this trend continues.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on January 25, 2010, 10:36:44 PM
WOW, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think the car is probably worth that. Sure there are priceless originals and over-restored trailer queens that we all drool over, but I believe that there is a large segment of wing cars that are still driver quality useable cars. This is a numbers matching, original drivetrain car that appears to be in decent shape with all of the Superbird specific parts still present. Are there errors in it's restification? sure, but the car looks to be able to be driven and enjoyed as-is. My car was a twin to this car other than color, Mine is B5 blue. My original drivetrain is long gone, I now have a 4-Speed and bucket seats and a Dana. I drive my car everywhere and enjoy every minute of it. In better times I have been offered more for my car that the asking price of this car today. I will agree that car values are in the tank comparred to a couple of years ago, but I seriously doubt that you could duplicate this car for the money. I like it, But the color would be the only deterrent to me, but a good repaint is pretty expensive, and I wouldn't want to "ruin" the car with a color change.
Not all cars will be showpieces, some of us still drive the sh1t out of them!
:Twocents:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: