News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

White 1970 Superbird from Bellevue Wa.

Started by rp23g7, January 22, 2010, 12:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rp23g7

Hey guys, me and a friend i had not seen for a while were talking about old times and cars.  Wondering if any of you knew of this car.

We grew up in Bellevue Wa, went to Odle Junior High.

It had the infamous back gate.  The house on the corner by the gate was MoPar land, they had a 69 Road Runner Convert, a white 69 Charger was there occasionally  and a White 70 Superbird.

I walked by this house for 3 yrs, saw the two cars out every now and then.  Never saw the Superbird being driven, anywhere.

I went to High school down the street, but a different way, so i didnt walk by the house anymore, but had a friend that lived close by so i would cruise by every now and then.

Graduated in 84, and got a job after some other classes in 86, at a Exxon Station in the neighborhood.

One day, i was doing something inside and heard a rummbly rummbly sound.

Looked up and the Superbird was sitting there at the pumps.

I go out and tell the guy a have dreamed of this car ever since i was 13 or so.  He popped the hood, it had a 440 4bbl. 

He said he was the 3rd owner, and that the previous owner blew the original engine up doing 180?? on the freeway.

He let me sit in it, WOO HOO, probably the closest i will ever get to driving one. 

Do any of you own this car, or know who may own it?  Just curious.