News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"213" heads, anything special?

Started by LeadfootBob, January 24, 2010, 01:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeadfootBob

Finally got around to looking at the casting number on my 440 heads. I always thought they were 906's - turns out it's a set of 213's without the extra coolant holes, not sure about the spark plug sizing yet.
They've been ported, nothing extreme from what I can tell. Heat crossover ports have been welded shut. The guy I bought them from claims he _lost_ 3hp going to Edelbrocks, sounds a bit improbable... :confused:

Anything noteworthy about these things?
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

FLG

I think there basically the same just with modified cooling passages??

Dont take my word for it.

Troy

I have 213 heads on one of my 68 440s (not currently in a car). I had read that they were basically just early versions of the 906 heads. What's the difference in the cooling?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

b5blue

3751213 are listed as 1973 "motor home" heads in the b-rb mopar book. "similar to the 3462346 71-72 head except it has extra cooling passages next to the spark plugs which helped durability" (346 heads have flatter intake ports to clean up emissions, they reportedly out flow the 906 on the exhaust side but do not have hardened seats installed for unleaded gas they are induction hardened only) 

Troy

Eh, I'll likely never use them any way but it helps to know this stuff.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.