News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 C-500 hemi on the block again !

Started by firefighter3931, December 05, 2005, 10:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

hydroforce

'68 CHARGER -'05 RUMBLE BEE 4X4 -'05 RAM 2500 Deisel  -'94 GMC VAN 4X4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191750/1 -'68 CHARGER
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2190250 '05 RUMBLE BEE

DC_1

Sweat car!!!!!!...........too rich for my blood though!

Shakey

I don't think mentioning Volo Auto Musuem in his ad was a good idea!

Ghoste

It would appear that the forgotten aero warrior is being remembered.

hydroforce

'68 CHARGER -'05 RUMBLE BEE 4X4 -'05 RAM 2500 Deisel  -'94 GMC VAN 4X4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191750/1 -'68 CHARGER
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2190250 '05 RUMBLE BEE

TruckDriver

Ahhhh, heck, the 500 is ugly! I want that silver classic behing it :D

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

69_500

So it is up for sale again. Are HEMI 500's just coming out of the wood work lately? And am I crazy or does each owner think they are sitting on a GOLD MINE. I thought a year ago when a few of them were up for sale at $140K that it was crazy. NOW people are wanting $275k-$375K for the same cars. What in the world is going on.

69_500

I had thought this HEMI 500 was going to be driven and enjoyed by its owner? What happened to holding on to these cars for quite a while?

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 69_500 on December 06, 2005, 10:15:13 AM
NOW people are wanting $275k-$375K for the same cars. What in the world is going on.
Greed!
Quote from: 69_500 on December 06, 2005, 05:13:18 PM
I had thought this HEMI 500 was going to be driven and enjoyed by its owner? What happened to holding on to these cars for quite a while?
Refer to the above assumption. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

That is true. Same reason the Black HEMI 500 is up for sale for a 3rd time in the past year.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

So this brings up the question of how much money would you have to be offered for your cars to sell them?

BigBlockSam

it would have to be at least 5 times what there worth and i don't know if i would ever sell my 68 r/t or 39 plymouth. i have to much heart and soul in those two cars. Rene

wouldn't sell the daytona when it's finished either.

ok--it would be hard to let go of the  mighty sloth either (raod runner replica, 440, 4 speed)

ok----my cars are not for sale
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

69_500

I tried thinking about that too when I seriously started looking for a Daytona and a 500. I look at it this way, when I can afford one, I"ll keep it. Only way I'd get rid of one of them is to get another one. Say trade a 500 for another 500. Or vise versa.

73rallye440magnum

that is ridiculous. 250,000. the guy on e-gouge with the black one wants nearly 400k doesnt he? (Rare example, probably shouldnt be compared, but still!) What makes these cars worth that much money? Seriously, this hobby is going to go down the poop chute if only wealthy people can afford to be in it. Money money money, im getting sick of it. It's not about having a powerful muscle car to cruise in any more, its turning in to how deep your pockets are.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

BigBlockSam

Quoteits turning in to how deep your pockets   
:iagree:

69_500

Well in all honesty it has been about deep pockets for quite a long time. However it used to be that the only cars that were owned by people with deep pockets were the HEMI Winged cars and HEMI convertibles. There was a lot of flipping of HEMI cars going on back in the 80's. People buying a HEMI car for say $10K and selling it for $25K. The only difference is now the flip is going from like $100K to $350K. To me its all the same. Its not about people loving the cars, but about how much they can make on them. I wish that it was like in the early 80's and the people who loved the cars are the ones who were buying them.

TK73

Damn...  ::)

Every man has his price... mine is about 4k and all the extra parts go with it.
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

69_500

The actual price it would take for me to sell my 500. Well I would say that the only way I would sell it is if the person came up with cash in hand, and I knew for a fact of another 500 or a Daytona that I could go right over and puchase that day. Otherwise no deal. And it would have to be for a 4 speed car. I dont want another auto.

BigBlockSam

i want a superbird real bad . i could sell all my cars and get one. but i don't think  i could enjoy it as much. i would miss my stable of mopars. i'm a collector, slotcars, hot wheels, matchbox, lionel trains and cars.  guitars, music boxes, mopars and mopar related objects. i have 6 complete 440 motors. why? i don't know   :shruggy:  old records and alot of other stuff. my wife collects dolls. thats why i have to build a new house. this one is packed.

signed--pack rat in nj

69_500

A pack rat you say? Hmm, sounds like me. I buy stuff I don't even need. Like 14 complete 69 Charger grille's. I don't even have a Charger to put 1 of those one, let alone the other 13.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69_500 on December 07, 2005, 03:13:42 PM
The actual price it would take for me to sell my 500. Well I would say that the only way I would sell it is if the person came up with cash in hand, and I knew for a fact of another 500 or a Daytona that I could go right over and puchase that day. Otherwise no deal. And it would have to be for a 4 speed car. I dont want another auto.

Would you switch your car over if you had the parts?  I'm collecting 4-speed stuff and I want to switch mine but everyone tells me to stay automatic...   :puke:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

The 500 I currently have I woudln't cut up to put in a 4 speed. I would rather sell it and get a real 4 speed. That is just me though. Now if it was a project car to begin with, I might consider it.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69_500 on December 07, 2005, 04:22:12 PM
The 500 I currently have I woudln't cut up to put in a 4 speed. I would rather sell it and get a real 4 speed. That is just me though. Now if it was a project car to begin with, I might consider it.

A project car that has no original engine, matching auto trans, and is getting all the sheetmetal replaced from the rear wheels back and from the tops of the quarters down? :-[

I guess having the matching numbers trans makes me want to put it back in.  but everything else about it makes me want a 4-speed.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

i converted my roadrunner replica to 4 speed . did it rite even used the correct floor hump. it's a lot of fun banging gears but i enjoy driving mt 68 charger just as much. maybe it's the sixpack. auto's are cool too.

QuoteA pack rat you say? Hmm, sounds like me. I buy stuff I don't even need. Like 14 complete 69 Charger grille's. I don't even have a Charger to put 1 of those one, let alone the other 13.
:smilielol:

yea me too, i can't pass up a good deal. i got a buddy that has a 76 440. why do i need another 440 especially a 76 non hp motor.$200, I'll take it!

it's a sickness, i tell ya

69_500

If my 500 was in the shape of your 500 when you got it Pocket I would have changed it to a HEMI with a 4 speed. Does tha answer your question.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69_500 on December 08, 2005, 12:00:41 PM
If my 500 was in the shape of your 500 when you got it Pocket I would have changed it to a HEMI with a 4 speed. Does tha answer your question.

Yup :yesnod:

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 07, 2005, 04:22:12 PM

Hey Danny, I have a 4-speed C500....... Always liked your red one..............   Oh, the devil's advocate...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Troy my red one isn't nearly as nice as Dana is. I do like the red paint on my car too, but I don't like the white interior. I prefer a R4 red, black interior, white stripe 4 speed 500. My wife hates red though.

73rallye440magnum

pocket thunder i wish i had your problem... decisions decisions.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

69_500

Thats funny because I wish I had the problems that Troy has. Having to decide between a 68 HEMI, 69 Charger 500, a 70 R/T or just driving the daily car. Then again at this time 2 aren't running, but in the future man what a dilema that will be.