News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Glamour shot

Started by MsMopar, January 26, 2010, 09:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsMopar

Of my car!  :icon_smile_big: MsMopar

nascarxx29

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: Looks like you got it all restored looks good.Seen some mention but no finished product pictures till now Thanks
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,30500.msg359479.html#msg359479
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Aero426

MsMopar

Thank you, Sorry about the lack of pics! I didn't have any way to post pictures for a while. MsMopar

hemi68charger

Well lookie there !!!!!!!  Glad to see you back and apparently, all's well now !!!!!  Looks great......  :2thumbs:

No stripe?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

tan top

Quote from: MsMopar on January 26, 2010, 09:27:42 PM
Of my car!  :icon_smile_big: MsMopar

:o & recall wheels  :yesnod:  awesome machine by the looks of it  :coolgleamA:   ...... :'(

would love to see more pictures  :popcrn: :yesnod: :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

welcome back , car looks awesome   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Brock Samson

Great to see you posting again and the finished 500 finally! What a stunner!  :drool5:
more pics asap please?..   :shruggy:

MsMopar

Thank you for the kudos! And yes, No stripe. Many of you know all 500's are coded for stripe delete because the code means delete R/T stripe but this car never got a 500 stripe. It was sold new without one. I know this from the original owner and another witness who remembers this car when it was on the lot in 1970 along with a brown (T7?) 500. My car did not sell until fall of 1970. Both my car and the other 500 had already started to rust around the rear window. Hence the 2 paint jobs in the first year. One by the dealer and one by the new owner. It was a true stripe delete 500! Now if I can only get up the courage to redrill all those holes for the wide sill moldings. Those were the first things the original owner removed after he bought the car.  :-\ MsMopar

hemi68charger

Quote from: MsMopar on January 27, 2010, 06:46:20 PM
...in 1970 along with a brown (T7?) 500....

Where was that? My former C500, Dana, is a T7 and was sold new at Cheyenne Dodge and hung around lots there for a while....

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

MsMopar

Golfview Dodge in Morton grove Illinois. MsMopar

69_500

Finally some photos of the car. And this time I don't even have to look at them on a cell phone. :)

Glad to see it. Car looks great, much nicer than it did with the 2x4 front bumper :)

The photo's I took at the Nationals turned out pretty good of the broadcast sheet for your car.

MsMopar

That was a nice camera. I really enjoyed seeing you guys.  MsMopar

C500

Thank you for the kudos! And yes, No stripe.

I didn't even notice looking at your photos. It looks awesome without the stripe.  :coolgleamA: I have a new stripe for mine that will go on once she's painted (F8 green also)...but I think I'm gonna run it stripeless for a little while now.

Duncan
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

MsMopar

Thank you. A few people think I should have the stripe whether it had it or not because it defines the 500. But I think the grill without the hideaway headlights is the most significant feature. The back window doesn't jump out at you unless someone points out the difference. MsMopar

hemi68charger

Quote from: MsMopar on January 27, 2010, 09:18:23 PM
Thank you. A few people think I should have the stripe whether it had it or not because it defines the 500. But I think the grill without the hideaway headlights is the most significant feature. The back window doesn't jump out at you unless someone points out the difference. MsMopar

If you know it did, it adds to the eccentric-unpredictable-off-chance nature of MaMopar...  She looks great regardless.......

Troy
Troy

loudmouthaussie

whats with the mcdonalds ad down bottom? just curious.
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

learical1

Thank you for the kudos! And yes, No stripe. Many of you know all 500's are coded for stripe delete because the code means delete R/T stripe but this car never got a 500 stripe. It was sold new without one. I know this from the original owner and another witness who remembers this car when it was on the lot in 1970 along with a brown (T7?) 500. My car did not sell until fall of 1970. Both my car and the other 500 had already started to rust around the rear window. Hence the 2 paint jobs in the first year. One by the dealer and one by the new owner. It was a true stripe delete 500! Now if I can only get up the courage to redrill all those holes for the wide sill moldings. Those were the first things the original owner removed after he bought the car.  :-\ MsMopar

I believe my old Charger 500 was also a true 'stripe delete' car.  the original owner said it never had one. It's one of the early XS/XX cars, too.  I bought a stripe for it, but never installed it.  It does have one now.
Bruce

Old Moparz

Quote from: loudmouthaussie on January 28, 2010, 02:19:21 AM
whats with the mcdonalds ad down bottom? just curious.

MsMopar sold her 38 McDonalds franchises to offset the cost of the restoration.   :lol:

Welcome back, & it looks great.   :cheers:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

MsMopar

:smilielol: You guys are great! I love your quick wit! Actually, I had the picture taken at a cruise-in at McDonalds in Racine, Wisconsin. The   photographer had to make a deal with the Mcdonalds in order to setup his booth for the summer. The photo shot was only $25.00 for an 8 x 10 or $50 for 16 x 20. I ended up getting both so they gave me the big one for $40.00.  :2thumbs:  MsMopar

MsMopar

I guess that the only way to know if a 500 was stripe delete is to talk to the original owner. Heck, Nobody even knows for sure how many 500's were produced, let alone how many were strpe delete.  :lol: MsMopar

richRTSE

Wow, that look great! I like the recall wheels too. :2thumbs:

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

MsMopar

Thank you, the wheels are the reproduction Kelsey Hayes made by specialty wheel company. I bought them because the car was coded for them, although, I know they were taken off the car before it was sold new due to the recall. At least I don't have to worry about them loosening up on me.
:icon_smile_wink: MsMopar