News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XP29H9C273905 - 69 Body on a 08 Frame - General Lee Converstion

Started by JoeyGowdy, January 28, 2010, 08:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

Quote from: Ryan on March 01, 2010, 12:16:02 PM
That interior is freakin horrible :'(

makes me think of a word that rhymes with toilet..wait... that's actually the word....
RECHRGED

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: Brock Lee on May 16, 2010, 09:35:18 PM
Hows the Delorian coming along?

Things have slowed to a snails pace waiting on interior parts to arrive:

http://www.dmctalk.com/showthread.php?p=237900&referrerid=2903

:rotz:
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

SRT-68

Hey Guys.  Some friends and I grafted a 1968 Charger body onto a 2007 SRT8 magnum chassis. Here is a link to an album on LX forums that has 2 pages of pictures of the car and the build. I would be happy to help anybody looking to do a conversion like this. The car runs and drives great. I have had it over 135mph for 5-10 miles at a time and it went 13.63 in the quarter bone stock on street tires. It is in body and paint right now and should be done by Nov 1st.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/album.php?albumid=977

472 R/T SE

Quote from: SRT-68 on August 19, 2010, 02:27:03 PM
Hey Guys.  Some friends and I grafted a 1968 Charger body onto a 2007 SRT8 magnum chassis. Here is a link to an album on LX forums that has 2 pages of pictures of the car and the build. I would be happy to help anybody looking to do a conversion like this. The car runs and drives great. I have had it over 135mph for 5-10 miles at a time and it went 13.63 in the quarter bone stock on street tires. It is in body and paint right now and should be done by Nov 1st.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/album.php?albumid=977

You must be the fella that Alex helped put 900 hours into the project?

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on January 28, 2010, 09:28:40 PM
Done it - Friend of mine and I did it using a 2007 SRT8 Magnum and a 1968 Charger....   Close to 900 hours of fabrication.....Car is currently running and driving in flat black paint.

Anxious to see it done.  Let me guess, you're painting it black?   ;)

ACUDANUT

You have to be  a "member" to get on LX forum.  :eek2:

Rolling_Thunder

Actually he put the majority of hours in on his project - i helped when i could between work and school.     

Sup John ?    Glad to see you made it over here... 

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

SRT-68

Hey Alex, I have lurked for a while and meant to post, but just been busy. How do I put photos up here? The car will be out of body and paint on the first and I will get some shots.

Ghoste

Oh, come on.  You mean tell us you can drop a classic Charger body onto the everything else of a current Charger but you can't post pictures on the Internet?  I'm a partially literate somewhat functional moron and even I can half assed do that.  :D :nana: ;)

Just kidding, there are good tutorials in the suggestion section.

ACUDANUT

Yea,....really. Were are the pic's. :slap:

Rolling_Thunder

you have to add them as attachments one by one 200kb limit ---  of you can hotlink them over from a remote source (frowned upon but works)   :nana:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

ac_knight

or, some of us could just do a two minute register, like I did, and saw all the pictures.  Again I am high interested in this, and want to see it parked next to an original charger, so see how things changes.

HOTROD

Found the issu MCG  dec 09 the guy was out of Ontrario Canada, him and his Family Verellen Farm & Auto . put a 69 on a 07 and did a dam good job !!
What the Hell-Dumass !

Black Charger

Quote from: HOTROD on August 22, 2010, 11:34:28 PM
Found the issu MCG  dec 09 the guy was out of Ontrario Canada, him and his Family Verellen Farm & Auto . put a 69 on a 07 and did a dam good job !!

The guy you are referring to posted earlier in this thread under the name "moparmagic." I agree, he did a damn good job with the conversion.

Ghoste

There are a couple threads with pics of his car on this site from August of 09.

SRT-68

Here is a link to the 68 page on my website. Now before you guys yell at me.. I did not make the site, a friend did it for me a few years ago and yes it took me three hours to figure out how to add the @#$%^ photos to the right page. I am a car builder and an electronics tech. but I still am lost when it comes to internet and forums.

http://mopar5150.com/68charger.html

I have over 100 photos of this build so if anybody wants to see something specific let me know. I have also put 5.7L hemis into several cars and can offer some help there.

JoeyGowdy

Nicely done!  How much fabrication went into making it fit well?

Interesting twist with having the hood raising up like the DeLorean.

SRT-68

Thanks! There is well over 1100 hours into it at this point. A lot of that was r&d along with several huge changes along the way. The car is now completly torn apart and is in body and paint and should be finished by Nov 1st. The finishing touches are being done at Plum Floored Creations in AZ.
I Can't do body or interior work and they wanted my help in producing these cars for sale so it turned out to be a good match. We have already grafted a '69 charger onto an '08 Charger chassis and are getting started on a '71 Cuda / 2010 Challenger graft.
I will post some photos when the body shop is finished with my '68

Ponch ®

Quote from: SRT-68 on August 27, 2010, 09:50:44 AM
Thanks! There is well over 1100 hours into it at this point. A lot of that was r&d along with several huge changes along the way. The car is now completly torn apart and is in body and paint and should be finished by Nov 1st. The finishing touches are being done at Plum Floored Creations in AZ.
I Can't do body or interior work and they wanted my help in producing these cars for sale so it turned out to be a good match. We have already grafted a '69 charger onto an '08 Charger chassis and are getting started on a '71 Cuda / 2010 Challenger graft.
I will post some photos when the body shop is finished with my '68

any plans to do 71-74 Chargers? If you need a volunteer car... :icon_smile_big:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

SRT-68

Hey Ponch, It is funny you should ask. Email me at john@mopar5150.com. I need some info on your car.

JoeyGowdy

How well did the 69 fit on the 09 ?

Did you have to extend / shorten it any?

SRT-68

Yes, the pan of the magnum was cut 2.5" just in front of the rear seat and the front wheelwells were moved forward 2.5". This is because the magnum had a 5" longer wheelbase. If you want to build one of these I will be happy to give you more detailed info and photos.

JoeyGowdy

Would an 09 Challenger Frame be more of a match for the 69 Charger Body ?

The70RT

Quote from: JoeyGowdy on September 17, 2010, 06:49:11 AM

Good luck finding one the same price as a Charger :icon_smile_question:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: The70RT on September 17, 2010, 10:01:51 PM
Quote from: JoeyGowdy on September 17, 2010, 06:49:11 AM
Good luck finding one the same price as a Charger :icon_smile_question:

Not a problem, no luck needed, there are many wrecked 2009 Challengers for sale on several dealer-only auction sites, trash the body - keep the frame, so now back to my question:

dodgecharger-fan

:brickwall: I think I really need to consider this conversion...

*walks away muttering to himself*