News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Procar by Scat bucket seats

Started by Paul G, February 09, 2010, 10:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

I am working my way toward the manual trans conversion. Got to get rid of the bench seat. Procar Elite Lumbar seats look like a pretty nice seat. I called them and the guy said the Elite Lumbar is a very comfortable seat.

http://www.procarbyscat.com/Products_EliteLumbar.asp

Any one ever sat in a Procar seat? 
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

HITMAN 149

hey paul...
what's he gonna say.."ohhh noooo they are horrible!!!!"  :nana: wellll of course he's gonna tell you they are comfy!!!! lmao!!
they are nice looking seats!!! how much are they??
i put a set of 2004 acura rsx seats in my 68 r/t!! i grabbed mine from a junk yard for about $200-$300 if i remember corrrectly!?!?! but no more than $300..... they are nice!!!!  :2thumbs:
:cheers:
-john

68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

71charger_fan

I just put a set of 1100s in my Charger and they are very comfortable. However, the Scat adapters didn't even come close to fitting the floor.

Paul G

Quote from: 71charger_fan on February 11, 2010, 12:35:10 PM
I just put a set of 1100s in my Charger and they are very comfortable. However, the Scat adapters didn't even come close to fitting the floor.

What did you have to do to get them to bolt down? I have also been reading that the Scat seats sit high in the car. Any issues with that?
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.

GTXtreme

hey hitmam,   do you have any more pics of the acura seats?  i like the look.  how fas do they site from the doors and the tranny hump?

HITMAN 149

hey gtx...
i don't have any new pics.. ive posted all the ones ive taken... (in my resto thread)
my car is at the shop... but they fit in great with more than enough room on the door side & enough room for the console...
-john
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

GTXtreme

john, u kinda made me fall in love with those seats im just affraid that they r gonna be to narrow for the car bc of how much bigger these cars then those tiny little acuras.    brian

HITMAN 149

hey brian....
i'll see if i can get over to the shop this week... and take some more pics & measurements... but i think they take up some nice room.. not to narrow at all and not to big... just right!! lol
i'll try & remember to bring my console with me to show you also....
yea they are sweeeet seats!!! i think they look great in there... everybody that's seen them loves the way they look in the car!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

69bronzeT5

They made me want to put a set in my '69. :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Paul G

The Acura seats do look good but, I am not comfortable with a foreign brand in my American muscle car.

HITMAN 149

01 BMW 740i SPORT  

GTXtreme

thats what im afraid of too but then again my car is also the same color of a certain minivan.  :lol:

71charger_fan

I just drilled a couple of new holes in the original tracks and bolted them to the bottoms of the Scat seats. Then I left for Iraq. I left the car and the Scat tracks and Scat adapters at a friend's shop and asked him to make them fit for me before I come home next August. Scat customer service told me to send them the measurements, but when you've got to fly out, you've got to fly out. Bolted to the original tracks, the seats are too close to the steering wheel for me.

69charger440

Quote from: Paul G on February 09, 2010, 10:11:58 PM
I am working my way toward the manual trans conversion. Got to get rid of the bench seat. Procar Elite Lumbar seats look like a pretty nice seat. I called them and the guy said the Elite Lumbar is a very comfortable seat.

http://www.procarbyscat.com/Products_EliteLumbar.asp

Any one ever sat in a Procar seat? 

A friend of mine installed those seats in his Scamp!! The head rest started to fall apart with two months. they look good but beware!!! :Twocents:
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

HITMAN 149

we welded the bolts to the floor facing up.... and just dropped the seats right on them!!! this way when you wanna take the seats out for anything... you can do it your self nice N easy!!! hahaha
im trying to post a pic!! BUT it's being tempermental!!! grrrrr lol i have NO IDEA why it's not letting me post my pic!?!?!/ it's not to big a file... i changed the name so it's a diff pic name file?!?!?! it's not giving me any damn error?!?!? it' just wont let me do it!!!
when i hit the post button... it takes away my file attachment?!?!?!?  :flame: wtfriggggg?!?!? lol
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

HITMAN 149

Quote from: GTXtreme on February 16, 2010, 08:20:39 PM
hey hitmam,   do you have any more pics of the acura seats?  i like the look.  how fas do they site from the doors and the tranny hump?

pics i took today at the shop.
passenger side door sill to seat...
top view looking down at trans hump...
driver side door sill to seat.... (tape measure is actually right on inner edge of sill. i took pic from inside car ) 
from rear to front... lol
hope this helps....
:cheers:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

HITMAN 149

hey paul sorry for the hijack lol
just trying to help...  :cheers:

seat mounting pics....
like i said we welded a bolt upright to the floor so u can just drop the seats right on top of them!! baaaam lol
:icon_smile_cool:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

69bronzeT5

There's enough room between the seats where I could easily put a set of those in my car and then put my buddy seat back in :scratchchin:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

HITMAN 149

zippppy...
yes there is plenty of room.... they fit in there verrry nicely if i must say!!! lol
:nana:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

MORFF

Is this the factory holes for the orginal seats hitman
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

HITMAN 149

hey mike...
im not sure off the top of my head?!?
i'll have to go look....
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

71charger_fan

Finally took a photo.

charger2fast4u

hey 71charger_fan do you have any more pics from different angles? i like the idea of having a reclining seat my seats in my 73 challenger sit to far upright for me starts to hurt after alittle while of driving i like to have my seat tilted back some. i been looking for a nice set of reclining seats to put in it but i can't find any that blend in with the rest of the interior. all i can find is new style seats and they stand out to much when you look in the interior imo. anyone know someone who makes older looking seats or any cars that came with a recline lever?

71charger_fan

I can take more if you let me know what angles you're looking for.

Terry

charger2fast4u

if you don't mind some pics from the front so you can see most of the seat and from the back looking forward  would be nice and should help people get a better picture of how they will look