News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger 500's with Vinyl Tops.

Started by PocketThunder, December 06, 2005, 05:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 21, 2005, 08:46:47 PM
Geno, you're starting to scare me,,, We replied at exactly the same time practically..      :icon_smile_big:

Troy

I guess we're just members of the Aero "Collective"

Resistance is futile...

Hemidoug

I know of the whereabouts of another C500 with a vinyl top. I've been trying to pry it out of the hands of the current owner. I will try to get some pictures of it and post them in the future. It is A4, black top,stripe,gut, 440 auto, a/c, power everything. It still has the trim for the top on it as well as some of the vinyl top. I'm not sure if it was installed at the dealer or not, but someone went to alot of trouble to produce the unusual trim needed for the the top! I  would think more than just a handfull of cars were intended for vinyl tops if they produced the trim.
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on December 21, 2005, 08:57:21 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on December 21, 2005, 08:46:47 PM
Geno, you're starting to scare me,,, We replied at exactly the same time practically..    :icon_smile_big:

Troy

I guess we're just members of the Aero "Collective"

Resistance is futile...

I love it !!!!   :2thumbs:

Mopar-Borg...

Hey Doug, man, I love that A4 Hemi......   Crossing my fingers that one day you'll get it and be a C500 owner and part of the "Collective" as well......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Ah so another C500 with vinyl top is on the radar screen? Hope ya do wind up with the car Doug. It would look great next to the R/T.

I personally don't think that Creative Industries installed any of the vinyl tops. Well I guess I am not sure on that. I think that some might have had vinyl tops on them before leaving to go to a dealership, but I don't know if Creative installed them or if they subed that work out to someone else.

Ghoste

You're going to have to try to find someone who worked at Creative back then and ask them.

Hemidoug

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 21, 2005, 10:12:28 PM

Hey Doug, man, I love that A4 Hemi......     Crossing my fingers that one day you'll get it and be a C500 owner and part of the "Collective" as well......

Troy

Hey Troy,
Yea, I'm trying like hell! She sure would make a nice bookend to the 69 R/T. He keeps telling me the "I'm going to restore it someday" line. He has a lot of iron laying around, including 2 69 R/Ts, 1 70 R/T, and 2 C500s (one of which is the car in question). I don't know when he will find the time or money. Every time I see the car it is a little farther down the "crusher" road. I don't want to push him too hard, he is a good friend of mine, it's just hard to see a car like that, in the condition like that, and not be able to save it!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Doug, same guy with the 70 AirGrabber Charger?  Still need to see that beauty in person!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Hemidoug

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on December 22, 2005, 05:48:57 PM
Doug, same guy with the 70 AirGrabber Charger?   Still need to see that beauty in person!

No, someone else I've known for along time. He has a STUNNING 69 R/T SE that just needs some odds and ends but he hasn't had time to finnish it for 5 or 6 years. He also has a 69 R/T that is the same color as yours that he uses as a daily driver. It is a true survivor and it looks it! The rest of the lot is in need of serious work. The only one in the garage is the one thats 80% complete, all the others are stored outside in the weather rain or shine. The one C500 is beyond resto, as a tree fell on it before he aquired it and crushed the roof, not to mention is completely rotted out. It's only a parts car now. I will try to get over for a vist soon and get some pics. It's a true "cars and barns" story!

Just 6T9 CHGR

See if you can get him to register the cars!!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

I was going to say, it would be great to get the info off of the parts 500, just to put a tag on it, so that in case 20 years down the road someone clones a car and tries to pass it off as  that car.

Ghoste

Very good idea.  The prices of these things are just getting to high for the con artists to resist.

69_500

Oh and as far as talking to someone who was at Creative Industries back in 1969, working on that too. Hoping to be able to get the talk with the worker on tape so that I can reference it in the future.

Talked to one guy this year, am  trying to get him to divulge more info to me.

Ghoste

That would be a video presentation I'm sure you could sell.  I know I'd buy one.

Hemidoug

Quote from: 69_500 on December 22, 2005, 07:32:24 PM
I was going to say, it would be great to get the info off of the parts 500, just to put a tag on it, so that in case 20 years down the road someone clones a car and tries to pass it off as   that car.
In this particular situation, I have a feeling that will be the final resting place for that car, VIN and all :icon_smile_sad:. He isn't the type of person to part with the vin even if the body disappears. I will get the info up in the Registry when I get some pics. I've been meaning to do that for a while now.

69_500

Glad to see you posting on here now too Doug. I was missing your HEMI Charger. Love  that color combination. It was great meeting up with you at Englishtown, and at Carlisle this year.

Hemidoug

Quote from: 69_500 on December 22, 2005, 08:24:20 PM
Glad to see you posting on here now too Doug. I was missing your HEMI Charger. Love   that color combination. It was great meeting up with you at Englishtown, and at Carlisle this year.

Yea, it's been a while hasn't it. I'm starting to have a little more free time now, so I guess I'll spend some of it with my brothers over here! :icon_smile_big: Glad to be back! Look me up again, we will have to have a beer at Charlisle this year! I hope to have both cars there this year (if all goes well with the 71 that is!) :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Hemidoug on December 22, 2005, 08:54:46 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on December 22, 2005, 08:24:20 PM
Glad to see you posting on here now too Doug. I was missing your HEMI Charger. Love  that color combination. It was great meeting up with you at Englishtown, and at Carlisle this year.

Yea, it's been a while hasn't it. I'm starting to have a little more free time now, so I guess I'll spend some of it with my brothers over here! :icon_smile_big: Glad to be back! Look me up again, we will have to have a beer at Charlisle this year! I hope to have both cars there this year (if all goes well with the 71 that is!) :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

I feel so left out down here in Houston...

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Hemidoug

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 22, 2005, 09:24:37 PM

Troy

Ya know.....if'n ya want to get your Tex-as up here for Carlisle, ya got a place to stay (that is if you can "hang" with a jar head)! :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: You can even visit your old friend "Whitey" (just make sure you bring the 500 with you and I'll get you the airline ticket back lol).

hemi68charger

Quote from: Hemidoug on December 22, 2005, 09:48:41 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on December 22, 2005, 09:24:37 PM

Troy

Ya know.....if'n ya want to get your Tex-as up here for Carlisle, ya got a place to stay (that is if you can "hang" with a jar head)! :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: You can even visit your old friend "Whitey" (just make sure you bring the 500 with you and I'll get you the airline ticket back lol).

Semper Fi  ......  That's all I'll say...... lol
Well, maybe not...... I would love to try and hang but not sure about seeing Whitey..... Maybe if the hemi car's done, it'll be easier

Troy
Troy

69_500

Ah yes, so let down being in Texas. Hmmm, but then again there are plenty of cool Mopars down in that area of the country. Try living up north where you can only search out other MOpar fans like 5 months out of the year. The other months the cars are holed up in garages or barns.

Ghoste

...and hardly come out the good months either.

hemigeno

Troy, this is a tough crowd to get sympathy from when it comes to living down south... 

I've got my R/T out today, does that count for anything?

[/hijack]

Ghoste

I suppose on the plus side, we don't have alligators, rattlers, or scorpions and we get fewer tornadoes (where I live).  But blizzards and ice storms are no fun either.

nascarxx29

I agree with 69 500 about dash vins from lost cars .This car wingcars in NJ turned me onto while back. He also knew of a few more he can find in his part of NJ not as bad as this one. He rescued as this one he let go cheap.As its fate might have been scrapped at the salvage yard where Dave found it .And its numbers reused on another charger shell someday
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

dayclona

Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 24, 2005, 03:14:13 AM
I agree with 69 500 about dash vins from lost cars .This car wingcars in NJ turned me onto while back. He also knew of a few more he can find in his part of NJ not as bad as this one. He rescued as this one he let go cheap.As its fate might have been scrapped at the salvage yard where Dave found it .And its numbers reused on another charger shell someday

Hey Dave!, uh.........I mean nascarxx29, did you ever restore that blue 500, that you "pulled" out of that yard in "1987"?????