News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Possible South Central US Charger gathering

Started by hemi68charger, February 17, 2010, 01:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..
I'd like to get a feel from the potential participation of a gathering of Chargers. I won't be able to attend the Nashville TDC event because of financial and logistical reaons. I would love to be there in spirit though. I in no way want to distract any members or Charger owners who had planned on going to Nashville from going. This is solely a gathering. I would like to do it in the spirit of a simulcast persay, June 11th-13th. I would like to know that while the main TDC event is happening and my friends there are enjoying their Chargers, we are doing it as well at the same time. Now, where?, not 100% sure yet. Again, my intentions are not change the minds of those who are planning to go to Tenn. ( Personally, I would LOVE to be going and Wayne knows that ). My sole intention is to bring Charger owners together to have a day or two of fun and fellowship, such is the creed of TDC

Some locations that came to pass were Northwest Harris County (out skirts of Houston), Brenham, Bryan-College Station (B-C) or Waco. B-C has the high banked track where the former Texas 500 was ran. Brenham has the Blue-Bell Ice Cream factory. Again, I'm brainstorming for I've had people contact me about whether or not a Boerne event was happening or not. Again, not sure where.

This will NOT be a TDC bashing thread. I enjoy TDC and consider Wayne a friend of mine.

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

elacruze

I'd love to attend either one, but won't be home until end of July.
:cheers:
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

lisiecki1

You know I'll be there Troy...especially being so close to home...wouldn't have the car with me though  :-\
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

hemi68charger

Quote from: lisiecki1 on February 18, 2010, 08:01:29 AM
You know I'll be there Troy...especially being so close to home...wouldn't have the car with me though  :-\

:'(  That's ok.........

Quote from: elacruze on February 18, 2010, 05:57:44 AM
I'd love to attend either one, but won't be home until end of July.
:cheers:

Jensen Beach is a wee bit away....... Grew up in West Palm..  There's good Mopars north of ya towards Melbourne......
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

charger_cody

Well I would be glad to say that if it is no more south than Waco then I WILL be there, not only will I be there, i'll have nasty betty in the blue petty dress with me.  :rofl: When would this metting take place?

Cody

hemi68charger

Quote from: charger_cody on February 18, 2010, 01:22:33 PM
Well I would be glad to say that if it is no more south than Waco then I WILL be there, not only will I be there, i'll have nasty betty in the blue petty dress with me.  :rofl: When would this metting take place?

Cody

More than likely the same weekend of the TDC Nashville Meet, the 11-13th or just that Sat... It's all up in the air right now........
Troy

elacruze

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 18, 2010, 01:15:29 PM
Jensen Beach is a wee bit away....... Grew up in West Palm..  There's good Mopars north of ya towards Melbourne......

I keep saying I'm going to wear this thing out...by the time I'm done running around I'll be able to sing "I've been everywhere" without missing any of the lyrics.

I figure I'll probably spend more time in Orlando and Tampa than at home.
:2thumbs:
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Midpenmopar

Reality is only an illusion caused by a deficiency of alcohol.

Sinister68

-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

hemi68charger

Troy

hemi68charger

This would be a cool place to go........ Maybe in a year or two......

Texas World Speedway outside Bryan-College Station Central Texas.. It's where the old Texas 500 was ran...

Troy
Troy

Sinister68

After our meeting this past weekend, I vote for the Bellville idea.  A nice small town about an hour out of Houston.  :coolgleamA:
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

lisiecki1

I'll vote for Bellville!  It would be great to have something cool happen close to my house for once.

hemi68charger

Quote from: lisiecki1 on March 16, 2010, 07:09:56 AM
I'll vote for Bellville!  It would be great to have something cool happen close to my house for once.

Cool,, Then scope it out for us to see if there is any adequate parking close to the town square,, if you wouldn't mind......   :yesnod:
Troy

lisiecki1

I'll scope it this weekend and report back.....not much of a town square from what I remember, but I'll check it out.

hemi68charger

Quote from: lisiecki1 on March 16, 2010, 09:01:58 AM
I'll scope it this weekend and report back.....not much of a town square from what I remember, but I'll check it out.

Heard they had a nice bakery/cafe and some shopping? This is something of a prerequisite so the ladies of the gang can have some diversion...
Troy

lisiecki1

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 16, 2010, 09:43:52 AM
Quote from: lisiecki1 on March 16, 2010, 09:01:58 AM

Heard they had a nice bakery/cafe and some shopping? This is something of a prerequisite so the ladies of the gang can have some diversion...

:smilielol: understood.

bzabodyn

If the Charger's done by then, we're in!  It'd be a nice little unveiling for the "local" crowd...

I'm partial to anything in the Hill Country - and actually, the original owner of my car actually tracked/raced it at TWS in B-CS back in the '70s - found slips in the car that had times and top speeds from there (one said 170mph!)... I'll have to go digging for them...

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

RD

what time frame are you looking at?  I am not "south" but I do say y'all and i live in the country :D  looking for places to drive this summer.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Sinister68

Are we still going to try to make a go at this?  :shruggy:
-James

lisiecki1

I was never able to make it out to check out the area.  I'd still like to do this though, so I'll get out there ASAP and check it out.

TexasStroker

I am still willing to do something in Amarillo.  We can get Texas Dodge to clear the lot (right off I-40), or I can set up "Chargers in the Canyon" at Palo Duro Canyon with a little more prep-time. 

I guess I'll throw up a new thread so as not to hijack this one, but if those of you downstate were looking for more of a drive I'd be glad to give you something worth coming to...

I suppose we could divide the state up into regions and provide some incentive for those who can make it to all points along the trail etc. 

Just throwing stuff out there, lol.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 25, 2010, 09:22:54 PM
This would be a cool place to go........ Maybe in a year or two......

Texas World Speedway outside Bryan-College Station Central Texas.. It's where the old Texas 500 was ran...

Troy

I'd like to see the Aero Warriors  meet there sometime  Troy. That would be  a great place to go to. :2thumbs:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

chargergirl

Quote from: elacruze on February 18, 2010, 03:37:17 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on February 18, 2010, 01:15:29 PM

I keep saying I'm going to wear this thing out...by the time I'm done running around I'll be able to sing "I've been everywhere" without missing any of the lyrics.

I figure I'll probably spend more time in Orlando and Tampa than at home.
:2thumbs:

Tampa my old stomping grounds...the kids are moving to Orlando again...can't wait. Texas is a little much for us right now but sounds like a good time!
Trust your Woobie!

bzabodyn

I'm still game as well - definitely now since the Charger's finally home!!!

I say we take our time and organize a HUGE event at TX World Speedway maybe in the fall - just too damn HOT to do much of anything down here lately!

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack