News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Troy-trade Y2 C500, brake update... 03/11/2012

Started by hemi68charger, February 22, 2010, 12:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69_500

Troy now that your going to have a C500 again its time to just go ahead and sell me the Daytona so I can be the DB.  :nana:

Congrats Troy glad to hear that the deal is progressing.

Wingnut426

Congrats Troy!  I know what color you should paint the 500, F6 green!
   Now all you need is a Superbird! LOL!
                               Wingnut
HEMI Daytona Convertible

hemi68charger

Quote from: jaak on February 22, 2010, 05:38:23 PM
Congrats Troy! Plan on keeping it Y2? I have always liked yellow cars. Good luck with it and keep us posted, can't wait for more pics.

Jason

Not sure yet.. Don't wanna put the cart before the horse......

Quote from: Mopar John on February 22, 2010, 04:38:24 PM
Troy,
Congrats on the 500 Trade!

Thanks John..

Quote from: WINGMAN on February 22, 2010, 06:08:46 PM
 From one Daytona and 69 500 owner to another  congrats Troy   :2thumbs:    Jay.

I'll have to take a cruise up North to see ya....  

Thanks Jay..

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 22, 2010, 06:09:43 PM
...you know what to do when you get it ;)

:thumbs:

Yeapers Chris..  :2thumbs:

Quote from: twodko on February 22, 2010, 06:58:43 PM
WOW! I glad for you buddy.

Go buy a few lotto tickets TODAY!

Congrats!

Tom

Now, that's an idea.....

Quote from: Wingnut426 on February 22, 2010, 08:18:05 PM
  Congrats Troy!  I know what color you should paint the 500, F6 green!
  Now all you need is a Superbird! LOL!
                              Wingnut

Well,,, lucky for me it's the most common of the three.......  Who knows, maybe if I win the lotto like Tom mentioned.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

richRTSE

Good job Troy!  :2thumbs: I think that yellow and black combo looks pretty good. Is the drivetrain numbers matching?
By the way, if I'm not mistaken, I think that passenger side mirror is a kinda rare option, too.  :scratchchin:

Rich

Beep Beep Dave

You should find out how much more he'd want for the Daytona stuff and just drive it like it is!
At any rate congrats on the new ride.
Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

scatpakrt

MyMy.......... Seems as though you have won the lottery!  Congrats to you and Julie. I think you should ask her what color, as she will be the Owner/Driver of both of them in a few short years. Unless...You go to sleep every night for the next 30 days and repeat.
"I now want a "Mr. Norm's" 71 Charger R/T" so that I can have "Whittie" all over again. Just repaint the red with white and there you go! Only problem is can I convince Julie to trade one of the supercars for it..haha!

Now you have another problem on your hands,

Which one do I want to drive today!
:cheers: Tuffy
71 "Mr. Norm's" Charger R/T, 440 auto, 323 Suregrip, Bright Red
09 Challenger SRT8, 6.1 Hemi, auto, Brilliant Black Pearlcoat
08 Mega Cab, 2500 Diesel, auto, Brilliant Black Pearlcoat

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on February 22, 2010, 07:59:56 PM
Troy now that your going to have a C500 again its time to just go ahead and sell me the Daytona so I can be the DB.  :nana:

Congrats Troy glad to hear that the deal is progressing.

Well,, let me think about it for awhile.......... But, you can come down ANY time and take her for a spin.......

Quote from: richRTSE on February 22, 2010, 10:55:28 PM
Good job Troy!  :2thumbs: I think that yellow and black combo looks pretty good. Is the drivetrain numbers matching?
By the way, if I'm not mistaken, I think that passenger side mirror is a kinda rare option, too.  :scratchchin:

Rich

Hey Rich... Naaaa, the original drivetrain long gone... That's alright. If anything, it allows me less quilt for the thought of converting it to a 4-speed like my former C500 (Dana). I was tickled as well when I saw the passenger mirror...

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on February 22, 2010, 11:53:18 PM
You should find out how much more he'd want for the Daytona stuff and just drive it like it is!
At any rate congrats on the new ride.
Dave

Thanks Dave... Daytona stuff isn't for sale, he's going to continue this idea on another '69 Charger.

Quote from: scatpakrt on February 23, 2010, 01:05:49 AM
MyMy.......... Seems as though you have won the lottery!  Congrats to you and Julie. I think you should ask her what color, as she will be the Owner/Driver of both of them in a few short years. Unless...You go to sleep every night for the next 30 days and repeat.
"I now want a "Mr. Norm's" 71 Charger R/T" so that I can have "Whittie" all over again. Just repaint the red with white and there you go! Only problem is can I convince Julie to trade one of the supercars for it..haha!

Now you have another problem on your hands,

Which one do I want to drive today!
:cheers: Tuffy

Hey Tuffy...
Well, remember, I have Jacob too............ So, I have to have at least two Mopars in the Nest for the kids in the future... What I have to deal with later is if they start fighting for this one or that...... Come on over when I get it... We can work on it together to get her up and going....  I don't think Julie wants "Tona to go any where.. She's very possessive of it already.....   :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

moparstuart

so how long intill they are both up for trade for a 4 speed daytona   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
  troy king of the aero-trade
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on February 23, 2010, 10:47:55 AM
so how long intill they are both up for trade for a 4 speed daytona   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
  troy king of the aero-trade

Oh no...... it's one thing to have one Aero and another cool car, but to have TWO aeros and trade? If I did that, it would have to be for a 4-speed behind a 426 Hemi.
Troy

FJ5WING

Congrats Troy!!!!!

we all know how bad you wanna be out there banging gears. :2thumbs:
wingless now, but still around.

MsMopar

whoo, who! Congratulations! Good to see your converting it back to what it was born to be!  :2thumbs: MsMopar

WINGR

Good luck Troy, hope it works out for you Bud.

You know if you could get the Daytona parts too, then you could make it into a Don White Daytona. Sweeeeet

:2thumbs:

WINGR/Steve

hemi68charger

Quote from: MsMopar on February 23, 2010, 06:59:51 PM
whoo, who! Congratulations! Good to see your converting it back to what it was born to be!  :2thumbs: MsMopar

----------------------------------------------

Quote from: WINGR on February 23, 2010, 10:26:48 PM

Good luck Troy, hope it works out for you Bud.

You know if you could get the Daytona parts too, then you could make it into a Don White Daytona. Sweeeeet

:2thumbs:

WINGR/Steve

Look at that, two F8 C500 owners.........
Troy

hemi68charger

I can see why Y2 grows on you.. Doesn't look bad at all...... Thanks for the pic (owner - you know who you are).  :icon_smile_big:

Actually, would be a good contrast against 'Tona's V2 paint...
Troy

69charger2002

congrats Troy! all that persistence did pay off. Nice to see things happen to good people in the hobby.
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

RT/SE

Congrats, Troy.  Sounds like both sides got what they wanted.  Persistence really does pay off in this hobby - great to hear stories like this  :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 26, 2010, 08:17:51 PM
I can see why Y2 grows on you.. Doesn't look bad at all...... Thanks for the pic (owner - you know who you are).  :icon_smile_big:

That looks like a shot from the Car Corral at Carlisle, PA......is this the same car?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

So Troy when does the trade happen? Anything I can do to help feel free to let me know.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69charger2002 on February 26, 2010, 09:25:18 PM
congrats Troy! all that persistence did pay off. Nice to see things happen to good people in the hobby.
trav

Quote from: RT/SE on February 27, 2010, 04:14:29 AM
Congrats, Troy.  Sounds like both sides got what they wanted.  Persistence really does pay off in this hobby - great to hear stories like this  :2thumbs:

Thanks Trav & RT/SE... I would like to thing so... The quest to have one winged-aero Dodge was one thing, but to have both versions? Man, I do feel blessed.. But, I've made sure I did good deeds and sound past acquisitions to put me in this position.

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 27, 2010, 06:48:16 AM
I can see why Y2 grows on you.. Doesn't look bad at all...... Thanks for the pic (owner - you know who you are).  :icon_smile_big:

That looks like a shot from the Car Corral at Carlisle, PA......is this the same car?

:o  I only wish !!!!  If this was the case, Pete (Wingnut) couldn't call me Hemi-less any more, and for that matter, Wingless any more...  :icon_smile_big:

But, I guess he could always call me Bird-less,,,
How ironic would that be to a person who's last name is Hawkes  :smilielol:

Quote from: 69_500 on February 27, 2010, 08:02:45 AM
So Troy when does the trade happen? Anything I can do to help feel free to let me know.

Danny... We're not quite sure yet, would love your help and hang out, but we live pretty far from each other........

It all depends on few things.

1. How much would it be for a transportation company to exchange the Chargers (maybe a discount because the firm would be bring and taking instead of a 1-way deal)
2. Saving up / selling some stuff to come up with said transportation.
3. If we both agree to meet half way, how the exchange of Chargers onto the other's trailer at the meeting point would happen.

We hope to carry this out within the next month or two.

I'm going to be taking the A-833 I have in the '70 out and putting in the 727 I have for the car and he's, if weather's ok up there, taking off the Daytona clip/wing and putting on the standard '69 Charger clip..

Troy
Troy

F6Bee

Nice.

I thought you did well on the upside to get the Daytona, but really think you made out on this one.  You have any more pics of the 500?

THE CHARGER PUNK

Quote from: F6Bee on February 27, 2010, 09:21:58 AM
Nice.

I thought you did well on the upside to get the Daytona, but really think you made out on this one.  You have any more pics of the 500?

haha i think so they onlymade about 392 of these special aero c500's in 1969 so i think he has done quite well, congrats troy look forward to watching the progress on this one-Matt

tan top

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 27, 2010, 06:48:16 AM

:drool5: mmmmmY2 :coolgleamA:

looking forward to seeing  pictures & stuff on the C500 Troy :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi68charger

Quote from: F6Bee on February 27, 2010, 09:21:58 AM
Nice.

I thought you did well on the upside to get the Daytona, but really think you made out on this one.  You have any more pics of the 500?

Here's another one... Granted ya'll, the latest pictures of the C500 when all together were from a LONG time ago, early to mid-80's I believe. That's about the same timeframe the previous owner wanted to do the Daytona-conversion....

Troy

Troy

bmoparmofo

69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383