News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

question to ponder, V88 C500's and Daytona's

Started by hemi68charger, December 07, 2005, 11:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69fuchs

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 08, 2005, 11:43:36 AM
Another thing to ponder.. The rear "R/T" emblem that the car came with with it was born. Now, people speak of the "holes" weren't drilled for the R/T emblem on the taillamp panel.. Has anyone ever looked to see if the spacing on the holes were the same between a "R/T" and "Charger" script? I'd be surprised if they were different. Why would there be two different panels when all you had to do was take the R/T emblem out and replace it with the "Charger" script emblem? I need to measure my spacing and then find that of the R/T and see if they are the same....

As we all know, the C500 and Daytona was suppose to get the "Charger" script, not the "R/T". I bet those Daytonas with the "R/T" emblem was a case where the technican working on the car just forgot to change it out before leaving Creative Industries

The charger script has different mounting holes than the R/t emblem.   I have seen clone cars that have an extra hole showing   when an R/t emblem is installed

69_500

I think the 500's were completed when shipped to Creative. Hence the reason that many 500's have vacuum hoses still in the engine compartments. IE mine has the entire length of vacuum hoses still going from firewall to the grille area. And the origional headlight brackets are still behind the new grill and other odds and end pieces.

hemigeno

69_500

No problem at all. Thakns for posting them the first time.

69_500

HEY Troy,

Was reading this same thread over on MoparStyle and you mention nothing being behind the 500 grill. Here is some pictures of what lurks behind my 500 grill.

The last one just shows the vacuum hoses going up and over the radiator core support still.

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 09, 2005, 10:29:57 AM
No problem at all. Thakns for posting them the first time.

Thanks Danny... Awesome pics.. Great resolution......  I also love the fact that every C500 is pretty much different when it comes to cutting the vacuum lines.......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

So do your guy's 500's not still have the mounts for the origional headlights behind the grill?

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 11, 2005, 08:36:57 AM
So do your guy's 500's not still have the mounts for the origional headlights behind the grill?

I still have mine as all C500's should....

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Paul 500

mine are still there
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

69_500

Okay because I was begingin to wonder when you guys were saying that there wasn't anything behind the grille.

PocketThunder

Quote from: uk_69_500 on December 11, 2005, 10:43:36 AM
mine are still there

Hey! who's the new guy! 

Welcome aboard from across the pond .........  :patriot:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Paul 500

It's paul from England
Heres a couple of pic's of my C500 i took today
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

hemi68charger

Sweet !!!!   Man, too bad I didn't know you already when I went to London for my training course.. Looks like you're in the process of putting her back together..... I'm sure it's the picture, but the holes for the rear "Charger" script are still there, no?  That's a great looking C500 !!!  Ever go down the Brighton time trails?

Troy
T7 C500
Troy

Paul 500

they've been welded up along with the sail panel one's & the rocker moulding one's. Previous owner did it, he only wanted the 500 badge on the tail panel and no others. I will redrill the rocker moulding one's & just stick the other badges on.
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

hemi68charger

Quote from: uk_69_500 on December 12, 2005, 02:23:54 PM
they've been welded up along with the sail panel one's & the rocker moulding one's. Previous owner did it, he only wanted the 500 badge on the tail panel and no others. I will redrill the rocker moulding one's & just stick the other badges on.

Rats,,, oh well, at least you have a resource for that info if you don't have it already.... You have your grille emblems? Be careful with the rear "Charger" script reproduction item.. Sometimes the pegs are closer together than NOS pieces and will cause it to bend alittle.............

Keep up the good work....
Troy
Troy

PocketThunder

Quote from: uk_69_500 on December 12, 2005, 10:23:01 AM
It's paul from England
Heres a couple of pic's of my C500 i took today

Hey Paul  :wave:  Nice C500 you have there.

Paul
from St. Paul, MN
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

Nice.  Did you buy it in the UK or bring it over?

69_500

Glad to see ya posting pictures of the car. Very good looking car.

I believe that your 500 and ChargerAficianado's are the only 500's on the board that had Rocker Moldings on them from factory. I don't think anyone else's here had that.

Paul 500

I brought it in California last year & shipped it back to England (during shipping they dented the trunk lid & lower rear valence) I've got the grill badges just missing the things that hold them on & i got repo rocker mouldings from metro parts co. I will try & finish resto next year, i've got to finish my 68 R/T first.
Heres a pic of car before resto (in the back ground is my friend in England's 69 500 4-speed)
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

hemi68charger

Quote from: uk_69_500 on December 13, 2005, 12:37:36 PM
I brought it in California last year & shipped it back to England (during shipping they dented the trunk lid & lower rear valence) I've got the grill badges just missing the things that hold them on & i got repo rocker mouldings from metro parts co. I will try & finish resto next year, i've got to finish my 68 R/T first.
Heres a pic of car before resto (in the back ground is my friend in England's 69 500 4-speed)

Well hell, there's two C500's in England !!???  I'm moving over there........

Troy
Troy

69_500

He said in an email to me that there is possibly 4 Charger 500's in England. Which is the same amount of Charger 500's that I know of in Indiana.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 13, 2005, 04:11:37 PM
He said in an email to me that there is possibly 4 Charger 500's in England. Which is the same amount of Charger 500's that I know of in Indiana.

Cool..  4?  Man, now I really wish I knew these guys before I went over there for my training course....
So far I know of four C500's in the Houston area, 2 hemi's and 2 440's...  Also a Daytona.. There are various Superbirds around...

Troy
Troy

69_500

Hmmm, so 4 Charger 500's in the Houston Texas Area. 4 in England. 4 in the Indianapolis area, well all 4 are withing 5 miles of the city limits on various sides. Earlier this year I know that there were 3 in the Cleveland OHIO. They seem to migrate to each other I guess.

69_500

Hey Troy, can you post a picture of your engine compartment on Dana. I don't think in all the pictures I've seen of her, that I've ever seen under the hood.