News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

question to ponder, V88 C500's and Daytona's

Started by hemi68charger, December 07, 2005, 11:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Heeeeerrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee,s Dana!!

OK, before I get the critics out there...... Yes, I know that's a '68 3-speed wiper motor and the cap on the water bottle's the wrong way.. The wiper motor was swapped out from the 2-speed since I had the six pack on here for so long and the bottle, oh well..  :icon_smile_big:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

She's perfect and don't let the critics faze you.  It's a beautiful car.

69_500

I haven't ever figured out where those guys come off saying this and that about the washer bottles. I still can't see any difference. Is Dana a manual brake car?

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 15, 2005, 06:42:11 AM
I haven't ever figured out where those guys come off saying this and that about the washer bottles. I still can't see any difference. Is Dana a manual brake car?

Yeap, Dana's a manual brake car..... The bottle cap should open the other direction. MaMopar had the bottles from the parts department, but those and the reproduction ones for MANY years and still to this day had the wrong cap....... Now, there are a few places you can find the proper bottle. But, it has the same appearance for the most part..........
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

69_500

Still a much cleaner engine compartment that my 500, that is for sure.

Definately a beautiful car.

hemigeno

hemi68charger

Thanks guys.... Not bad for a driver....  :icon_smile_big:

I need to paint the PVC grommet though.........   I know for '70 on up, the grommet and valve were painted, but what's the story of the steel PVC valve on the '69 and earlier? Geno, you know?  I'm pretty proud of the engine compartment. She didn't look anywhere as tiety and clean as this when I bought her....

Geno, you see the '68 Hemi Charger project thread?

Troy
Troy

hemigeno

Troy, yes the grommet is supposed to be painted, but the PCV valve is not painted.  I had to look it up though...

I haven't gotten to the other thread yet --  will in a sec though!  ;)

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on December 15, 2005, 10:13:08 AM
Troy, yes the grommet is supposed to be painted, but the PCV valve is not painted.  I had to look it up though...

I haven't gotten to the other thread yet --  will in a sec though!  ;)

Cool,,, As my gut told me... thanks for the comfirmation......

T
Troy

69_500

Ah the tiny little things that bug us. When I went and looked at my 500 before I bought it,  I was going over every little thing on it that I'd like to change back to origional. Then my wife asked me why I was going to buy the car if I was going to change everything. I told her because its what's right. Then again, I can only change a few things here and there, as time and money allows. In the meantime I do exactly what the car was intended to do though, and I DRIVE IT. :)

Ghoste

I have a Mopar parts replacement washer bottle in my car too and after getting it I found out that 1967 Mopar B-bodies have a one year only version.  It bothered me for a minute until I found out that it was expensive to replace and the differences (which I still don't know) are only detectable to the truest fans of the 67 model year.  I figured I wasn't a truest fan and slept soundly.

69_500

You mean only the nerds can see the difference? Oh wait, I guess I fit that bill on certain cars.

Ghoste

Nerds. Lol, that's funny.   A close friend of mine will be over and as we sit there talking endlessly about the most trivial of details regarding old cars, my wife will occasionally walk by and just mutter "nerds".   Someone at work once called me a Charger-geek and I took that as a compliment too.   :icon_smile_big:

69_500

I get called a freak around my household for being so engrossed with these old cars. I'll drop what I'm doing if I thnk of something off the wall and have to go digging through old magazines's or photo's to see if I'm right or wrong. Or digging through a stack of papers on 500's and Daytona's to see how many of them I can recite from memory. Call me crazy but I think its possible to memorize all the Charger 500 VIn's and their full fender tag's.

Ghoste

Oh yeah.  It's just like birthdays and anniversaries and you never forget any of those right?

69_500

Thats funny, because I'm bad at remembering Anniversaries, and Birthdays. But I do actually do pretty well with remembering Charger 500 VIN's and such. This year at shows, the other times I saw a 500, I would try to tell my wife what I thought the VIN was from a distance, and she would go over and tell me if I was right. If I wasn't, I'd go check  the car out. If I was, I knew I had already seen it before. Unless it was owned by someone I had chatted to before, and in that case I'd make it a point to get over there and talk to them and see how they were doing.

THE CHARGER PUNK

a 2003 mopar action has an F8 69 hemi 500 stripe delete car in it but has  astripe on it now-MATT

hemigeno

Quote from: F8 69 CHARGER PUNK on December 20, 2005, 01:01:28 PM
a 2003 mopar action has an F8 69 hemi 500 stripe delete car in it but has   astripe on it now-MATT

Matt, I assume you know that all '69 Charger 500s and all Daytonas left Hamtramck with a V88 Stripe Delete code on the Fender tag?   Mopar Action was stating the obvious if they mentioned it was a stripe delete car - they all were.

There is no way to know for certain which stripe color was added at Creative Industries.   A buyer or dealer could request a particular stripe color on the vehicle's order form (and according to the instructions, specify no stripe at all), but Creative industries pretty much did what they wanted to on the stripe color.   There is no definitive record of what color stripe was put on which car.   The only hope is to find some way of verifying that the stripe that is on it was on there before any restoration or other work was done to it.

THE CHARGER PUNK

the car in the issue it states on the window sticker for a charger 500 that it is a stripe delete charger 500-MATT

hemi68charger

Quote from: F8 69 CHARGER PUNK on December 20, 2005, 04:45:12 PM
the car in the issue it states on the window sticker for a charger 500 that it is a stripe delete charger 500-MATT

The window sticker WILL say V88, stripe delete.. This would most likely be on ALL Charger 500's in '69.....

Troy
Troy

hemigeno

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 20, 2005, 05:57:46 PM
Quote from: F8 69 CHARGER PUNK on December 20, 2005, 04:45:12 PM

The window sticker WILL say V88, stripe delete.. This would most likely be on ALL Charger 500's in '69.....

Troy

:iagree: :iagree:

69_500

Haven't came accross a Charger 500 yet that isn't coded as stripe delete.

Was the F8 one your refering to in the article an automatic, console car? Low mileage, like 1,500 miles or so? Wound up being for sale at Legendary Motor's 2 years ago?