News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is correct?

Started by Phillibuster, August 24, 2020, 12:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

odcics2

Quote from: DAY CLONA on August 28, 2020, 06:19:54 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on August 28, 2020, 09:18:48 AM

I don't have any photo evidence which supports the honeycomb/hexagonal mesh myself.  That's not to say it absolutely doesn't exist, but I don't have such.  What I DO have is a ton of other info which backs up rectangular mesh.  The enlargement in Mike's post above is not the same shot that I have, at least without being "enhanced" in some fashion.

Cover shot....

On my laptop, I see a diamond pattern on the close up of the mock up "Daytona"... 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

hemigeno

Quote from: DAY CLONA on August 28, 2020, 06:19:54 PM
Quote from: hemigeno

I don't have any photo evidence from Chrysler which supports the honeycomb/hexagonal mesh myself.  That's not to say it absolutely doesn't exist, but I don't have such.  What I DO have is a ton of other info from Chrysler which backs up rectangular mesh.  The enlargement in Mike's post above is not the same shot that I have, at least without being "enhanced" in some fashion.

Cover shot....

There - fixed it.

Are we going down the road of suggesting that round turn signals (that's the way they look to me) were also an alternative component, in lieu of rectangular Valiant T/S's?

Maybe there's a reason Chrysler essentially blacked-out the grille in their own public relations photos...    :shruggy:

I stand by this:
Quote from: hemigeno on August 26, 2020, 08:44:25 PM
Besides the lack of photographic evidence which supports its use by Creative Industries, one of the biggest reasons to rule out honeycomb/hexagon mesh as an original-equipment part has to do with the turn signals.  I have a copy of the looong report Chrysler submitted to the Feds / DOT during the summer of 1969, which details all of the testing and documentation they went through to show the turn signals emitted enough light from behind the mesh - including at specific side angles, etc.  That report documents every component, down to the screws/washers and spacers... which affected the mounting angle of the turn signal inside the nosecone.  A different mesh, with a different amount of openness (especially if viewed from an obtuse angle) would have negated their DOT reports.  That could have easily caused the car's safety certification to be pulled, and Dodge never would have risked that.  Y'think Ford would have hesitated one second to bring this to the DOT's attention?

My opinion does not matter more than anyone else's.  If a person happens to disagree, that's perfectly fine, we can agree to disagree.  I've stated my opinion, which combined with a dollar, might get you a cup of coffee somewhere. 

:cheers:

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: hemigeno on August 31, 2020, 01:31:53 PM
I've stated my opinion, which combined with a dollar, might get you a cup of coffee somewhere. 

Here it is!  But you need to have the app...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hemigeno

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on September 01, 2020, 06:36:09 AM
Quote from: hemigeno on August 31, 2020, 01:31:53 PM
I've stated my opinion, which combined with a dollar, might get you a cup of coffee somewhere. 

Here it is!  But you need to have the app...

:2thumbs:   Perfect!