News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 C-500 hemi on the block again !

Started by firefighter3931, December 05, 2005, 10:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

The 500 I currently have I woudln't cut up to put in a 4 speed. I would rather sell it and get a real 4 speed. That is just me though. Now if it was a project car to begin with, I might consider it.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69_500 on December 07, 2005, 04:22:12 PM
The 500 I currently have I woudln't cut up to put in a 4 speed. I would rather sell it and get a real 4 speed. That is just me though. Now if it was a project car to begin with, I might consider it.

A project car that has no original engine, matching auto trans, and is getting all the sheetmetal replaced from the rear wheels back and from the tops of the quarters down? :-[

I guess having the matching numbers trans makes me want to put it back in.  but everything else about it makes me want a 4-speed.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

i converted my roadrunner replica to 4 speed . did it rite even used the correct floor hump. it's a lot of fun banging gears but i enjoy driving mt 68 charger just as much. maybe it's the sixpack. auto's are cool too.

QuoteA pack rat you say? Hmm, sounds like me. I buy stuff I don't even need. Like 14 complete 69 Charger grille's. I don't even have a Charger to put 1 of those one, let alone the other 13.
:smilielol:

yea me too, i can't pass up a good deal. i got a buddy that has a 76 440. why do i need another 440 especially a 76 non hp motor.$200, I'll take it!

it's a sickness, i tell ya

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

If my 500 was in the shape of your 500 when you got it Pocket I would have changed it to a HEMI with a 4 speed. Does tha answer your question.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69_500 on December 08, 2005, 12:00:41 PM
If my 500 was in the shape of your 500 when you got it Pocket I would have changed it to a HEMI with a 4 speed. Does tha answer your question.

Yup :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 07, 2005, 04:22:12 PM

Hey Danny, I have a 4-speed C500....... Always liked your red one..............   Oh, the devil's advocate...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Troy my red one isn't nearly as nice as Dana is. I do like the red paint on my car too, but I don't like the white interior. I prefer a R4 red, black interior, white stripe 4 speed 500. My wife hates red though.

73rallye440magnum

pocket thunder i wish i had your problem... decisions decisions.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

69_500

Thats funny because I wish I had the problems that Troy has. Having to decide between a 68 HEMI, 69 Charger 500, a 70 R/T or just driving the daily car. Then again at this time 2 aren't running, but in the future man what a dilema that will be.