News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another charger 500 thread

Started by jwilk01, December 08, 2005, 03:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwilk01

Found some pics of this destroyed 500 over on moparts looks an awful lot like the one I found by me in a storage lot. 

Blown70

Put a front clip on and it will buff right out....

Charger_Fan

Someone posted pics of that little beauty a while back...said he bought some trim parts from it, but the owner didn't wanna sell the rest.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

jwilk01

The bottom 2 are the ones close to me and this one.

Blown70

jwilk01

Yeah that was me, Guy won't even talk about selling the whole car but somedays he will sell parts of it.   Guy is a moron!!!   

Blown70

Is this in FL?

Man some people... I guess let her rust into a pile.... :rotz:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: jwilk01 on December 08, 2005, 04:25:04 PM
Yeah that was me, Guy won't even talk about selling the whole car but somedays he will sell parts of it.   Guy is a moron!!!   
I guess it would have been good of me to read your first post all the way though, huh? :brickwall: ;D

I'd say it seems to be the same car. It would be hard to duplicate the crinkled left fender, among other things.
Didn't you get the rear window trim from it?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

Anyway to get the VIN information from that car, so that 20 years from now when it shows up at a show restored and someone claiming to be the origional owner can be shot down.

jwilk01

All the vin tag, fender tag, core support are all gone on the car. 

yeah the guy let me get the trim off of it, but that was all I could get off of it.  Most everything else was rusted together.

Later
Josh

69_500

The Vin number is also on the trunk lip. See if he will let you open up the trunk, and look.

73rallye440magnum

wouldn't you hate yourself if you were the person that did that to the car? (wrecked it) knowing what they are worth today...
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

hemi68charger

Quote from: jwilk01 on December 08, 2005, 06:27:35 PM
All the vin tag, fender tag, core support are all gone on the car. 

yeah the guy let me get the trim off of it, but that was all I could get off of it.  Most everything else was rusted together.

Later
Josh

What about the rear window trim?   I'd like to get it if it's for sale still............

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Ah look at ya just trying to corner the market aren't ya. JK

Didn't he already sell the rear window trim? Or just post that he had gotten it off of the car.

jwilk01

Yeah I sold it about 2 months ago.  I opened the 2 piece trunk lid because the latch had rusted off.  The lip was completely rusted, as light as they put that stamp on there it was completely rusted away.  It is a very sad sight, I tried to get the tail light trim and tail lights out of it but all bolts are rusted together.  Looks like the car has sat for at least 15-20 years, wonder what happen in that accident (drunk driving, bad weather, run a light).

Later
Josh

chargervert

I hope you grabbed the rear window moldings!

69_500

What about just trying to get the rear window, I mean the glass. Would love to have an extra sitting around.

Highbanked Hauler

If you had a torch to melt the lead,hammer and chisel you could take the window plug out glass and all.There are only a few welds holding it in. That car took it hard from right to left and back
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

chargervert

I'm feeling a lot better about my 500,after seeing that one!

69_500

Now Pete your 500 couldn't have been in that bad of shape was it?

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

chargervert

No,69 500,mines not that bad.It's a typical New England Charger,that was redone a few times,during the eighties,and ninties. It needs the following parts of the body replaced,trunk floor,trunk extensions,rear quarters,tail panel(drivers side outter corner was wacked at one point)rear valance,and corners,outter wheel wells,drivers side floor pan,and passengers side door jamb(from accident at one point).To look at the car,one would think it is in pretty good shape,but under a mid ninties Y2 yellow paint job(that still looks pretty good),theres a lot of work to be done! The window plug is very nice,as are the pillar moldings!The window and moldings are in good shape also!

Blakcharger440

That car will probablyl show up one day as a numbers matching,found the original engine at my neighbors house kinda thing.

hemi68charger

Quote from: chargervert on December 12, 2005, 05:41:19 PM
No,69 500,mines not that bad.It's a typical New England Charger,that was redone a few times,during the eighties,and ninties. It needs the following parts of the body replaced,trunk floor,trunk extensions,rear quarters,tail panel(drivers side outter corner was wacked at one point)rear valance,and corners,outter wheel wells,drivers side floor pan,and passengers side door jamb(from accident at one point).To look at the car,one would think it is in pretty good shape,but under a mid ninties Y2 yellow paint job(that still looks pretty good),theres a lot of work to be done! The window plug is very nice,as are the pillar moldings!The window and moldings are in good shape also!

Glad it's in your hands.. If there's anyone out there to rescue her, it's you........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Well heck if it is still wearing a pretty decent 90's painjob, you should get it out some times, and let people like me stare at it. :)