News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another charger 500 thread

Started by jwilk01, December 08, 2005, 03:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 03, 2006, 08:43:31 AM
Quote from: 69Charger500 on January 03, 2006, 08:30:47 AM
Thanks hemi68charger.   I'm from Michigan northwest of Detroit.

Here's the side marker pic for 69 500 (not sure if this is correct).   I'll have to look more closely at the old pics from '71 to see what I can see...

Ahh... OK.. Were you at the Talladega AeroWarriors Meet? There were a couple T5 C500's..........   At any rate.. the side marker bezel is in question I think.. I hope someone out there has a true survivor C500 and can tell us..... I remember there's a picture of a A4 quarter panel once and I believe it was the original paint/stripe. I'm under the impression that they "should" have been painted stripe color. BUT, iin the spirit of getting them out the door at Creative as fast as possible, they may have just made the "X" cut in the opening and shoved the bezel back in and off they went..........

69_500, Have any close up of any of your Dad's old unrestored C500's?............

Now that you've posted a stripe pic 69Charger500, what about the complete car?.. :-)

Duhhh, I just saw your postings....   Damn nice looking C500........... Looks like from those vintage pics, the bezel wasn't painted............ no?

Is your interior tan? Mine is and my broadcast sheet is lost... The broadcast sheet that was in my car belonged to a T7 Hemi 4-speed car... Would be nice to find one, but i think our cars were built too far apart to get mixed up at Creative Industries..........

Did you see the other C500 thread?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7379.0.html     Lots of C500 pictures

Troy         
                You are right Troy,I have had mine since it was a dealers demo and  the bezel on a 69 500 should be the color of the car.A Daytona bezel should be the color of the stripe.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

Ah the whole mix up on the bezels again.

Troy, I don't have any close up pics of my dad's old HEMI 500, but I do have pics of 2 other survivor 500's. Funny thing about it is this, 1 of the cars has the bezels painted stripe color, which is how they are supposed to be. They were supposed to be just like the R/T's and Daytona's and painted stripe color. However the other survivor car is painted body color. Now Al told me his car had them painted body color when he purchased the car new. Jerry Nerramore bought a HEMI 500 when it had 300 miles on it, and that car also had the bezels painted body color ( he bought the car in 1970). I have spent hours going over older pics I have of 500's from the 70's and early 80's and it seems that a fair amount of the cars had the bezels painted body color not stripe color. My 500 has the bezels body color not stripe color.

Here is a pic of a survivor HEMI 500 stripe

69Charger500

Highbanked Hauler:

Yes, I was lucky enough to get these pictures from the guy who rescued it from the salvage yard which bought it out from the insurance company.  He bought it from them, and put it back together with parts from a wrecked '69 R/T-SE in the same yard (the interior is gone out of the 500 in those old pics).  It ran around for many years with a green interior in it, believe it or not!!!!!!!!!  It is C6X as it should be now...

Mike

Highbanked Hauler

Sweet looking car.It would be neat to get all the 500S together for a class picture within the next couple of years. :icon_smile:
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on January 03, 2006, 08:52:44 PM
Sweet looking car.It would be neat to get all the 500S together for a class picture within the next couple of years. :icon_smile:
Yeah make it two if you want the 500 SE there...  I hope it can all just come together sooner...

hemi68charger

Thanks Danny.........  That's what I thought.........  So, I'm going with mine being stripe color...  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on January 03, 2006, 09:02:12 PM
Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on January 03, 2006, 08:52:44 PM

Yeah make it two if you want the 500 SE there...   I hope it can all just come together sooner...
It would have to be a cannonball run type thing,the only reward you would get is being there for ther picture. It would take  a dedicated bunch to make it happen.You are on one coast,I am on the other,Troy is at the Gulf of Mexico and Mike is at the Canadian Border so we would have to find a spot in the center of the country at a hotel big enough to park trailers and hope 50  or so  500S can make it.I'd say its a longshot,wouldn't you?  :Twocents:
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Ghoste

Don't they already set up such an opportunity with the periodic Wing Car Reunions?

hemi68charger

Quote from: Ghoste on January 04, 2006, 04:50:20 AM
Don't they already set up such an opportunity with the periodic Wing Car Reunions?

Yeah, once every 5 years the AeroWarriors has a BIG reunion usually at Talladega. There are smaller events in between... The Winged Warriors also has a gather and I've been to one at Darlington... But, to have only C500's and not the young punk Daytonas and Superbirds?, there never has been that sort of reunion...........  Personally, I thnk it would be cool............

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

No reason you can't organize a show within a show.   We 1st gen folks are doing that this summer for the fastback reunion.   It'll be held in conjunction with the CEMA show at the Chrysler headquarters since their theme this year was going to be the 40th anniversary of the Charger.

69Charger500

I'll be at the CEMA show for sure since that is where I work!   I think a get together somewhere mid-country would be pretty cool too.   Maybe I'll wait on putting the original 4.10 gears back in place.   The 3.54s that are in there now are much better on the highway!

I would glady host a get together for the Woodward Cruise this August.   I live on a 1/4 mile long private paved road with lots of room for parking.   I'm about 15 minutes from Woodward Avenue in a quiet little rural area just off of I-75...   I can garage 4 cars, and arrange for indoor overnight parking for 20-30 more through a friend of mine that lives just a little north of me...

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Ghoste on January 04, 2006, 06:55:06 PM
No reason you can't organize a show within a show.   We 1st gen folks are doing that this summer for the fastback reunion.   It'll be held in conjunction with the CEMA show at the Chrysler headquarters since their theme this year was going to be the 40th anniversary of the Charger.

Maybe get together at the Chargerreg meet in Kansas in the fall of 2007 as there isn't going to be a meet this year I have heard. ???
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

I think a show within a show would be great. If it could be at woodward that would be awsome. That isn't quite the center of the country though.

john686970

Quote from: jwilk01 on December 08, 2005, 04:25:04 PM
Yeah that was me, Guy won't even talk about selling the whole car but somedays he will sell parts of it.   Guy is a moron!!!   
I am the owner of this car. I have never sold parts off it or anyone talk with me about selling it. Whoever was talked to and parts bought from was not the owner. I consider the rear window trim stolen parts as I never sold them and would not have sold them as I know how hard those original parts are to get hold of. the car is undergoing restoration now. it will end up being a multi year project as others are being restored to be sold and fund future projects.

aerolith

Hi John,

Please let me make an open apology for 'trash talk' about a fellow C500 owner!
The internet is full of TROLLS and Fake news, but even worse are OPEN insults without any FACTS!!! :slap:

One day the internet will be gone and we can go back to civility and hand-shaking, hopefully in my lifetime,
Why, COS I'M SICK OF IT and honest Folks will get back to running the planet again... :scratchchin:

Its your C500 and you can do what you want with it, without the slings and arrows of Trolls!

Best wishes from 'Honest John' UK a fellow C500 owner, aka Aerolite.
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Ghoste

odcics2

Quote from: aerolith on January 27, 2018, 10:17:41 AM
Hi John,

Please let me make an open apology for 'trash talk' about a fellow C500 owner!
The internet is full of TROLLS and Fake news, but even worse are OPEN insults without any FACTS!!! :slap:

One day the internet will be gone and we can go back to civility and hand-shaking, hopefully in my lifetime,
Why, COS I'M SICK OF IT and honest Folks will get back to running the planet again... :scratchchin:

Its your C500 and you can do what you want with it, without the slings and arrows of Trolls!

Best wishes from 'Honest John' UK a fellow C500 owner, aka Aerolite.

No 'net?  How would our paths have crossed allowing the carbs to fly across the water?   :shruggy:
I'd still be sandcastless!
:cheers:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?